WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wassah!

Un4tune8

Reaction score
New Member here. I have been going to Bullhead my whole life but to be on the river. I am now getting more into off-roading. Looking to do some dispersed camping real soon and looking for some tips. I have an RV and utility quad, Polaris sportsman 700. I was going to setup the rig in the Standard Wash OHV area. Any particular trails I should check out while I'm there? Is there a better boondocking spot? I would love to hookup with a group sometime to do some longer trail rides too. Sounds like a blast.

I was also wondering if anyone knows if I can make my way over to the new Bunker Bar from the Standard Wash area on a non street legal ATV? Looking forward to a meetup someday. Probably a better question for another forum but I just registered and I'll get more familiar.

Peace - Geoff

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's a great spot to camp.. and there is some awesome trails out there! Make sure you check out the two cabins that are in the area..

From the standard to the bunker bar would be a pretty long ride.. but maybe @LargeOrangeFont could help with the route.. I'm not to familiar with the routes out and around Havasu to the north side.

Let us know when you are out there and we will come down and have a beer! We might be camping there here shortly as well.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
New Member here. I have been going to Bullhead my whole life but to be on the river. I am now getting more into off-roading. Looking to do some dispersed camping real soon and looking for some tips. I have an RV and utility quad, Polaris sportsman 700. I was going to setup the rig in the Standard Wash OHV area. Any particular trails I should check out while I'm there? Is there a better boondocking spot? I would love to hookup with a group sometime to do some longer trail rides too. Sounds like a blast.

I was also wondering if anyone knows if I can make my way over to the new Bunker Bar from the Standard Wash area on a non street legal ATV? Looking forward to a meetup someday. Probably a better question for another forum but I just registered and I'll get more familiar.

Peace - Geoff

Yes it is doable to get from Standard or Mojave wash to Bunker Bar. There are routes east of the city following the power lines that will take you above and around Residential Estates.

The part of the power line road at the south end of the city isn’t dangerous but requires caution as there are some steep climbs, and some require 90 degree turns onto a ridge line. It calms down once you hit Bison Wash and you can proceed above the dump and either go down and parallel the 95, around the airport to get to the Bunker Bar. Or stay high in that foothill area and pass into the hills behind the airport, and that takes you to the Bunker Bar as well.

There is also another route around that hugs tighter to “civilization” as you go up and around the top of town. It is less obvious to find. But once you get around the Residential Estates area, you are fine and can get to the Bunker Bar.

Un4tune8

Reaction score
Right on. Looking like I might park the rig on Wednesday afternoon. That could mean a trip to the bunker on Friday.

Un4tune8

Reaction score
Yes it is doable to get from Standard or Mojave wash to Bunker Bar. There are routes east of the city following the power lines that will take you above and around Residential Estates.

The part of the power line road at the south end of the city isn’t dangerous but requires caution as there are some steep climbs, and some require 90 degree turns onto a ridge line. It calms down once you hit Bison Wash and you can proceed above the dump and either go down and parallel the 95, around the airport to get to the Bunker Bar. Or stay high in that foothill area and pass into the hills behind the airport, and that takes you to the Bunker Bar as well.

There is also another route around that hugs tighter to “civilization” as you go up and around the top of town. It is less obvious to find. But once you get around the Residential Estates area, you are fine and can get to the Bunker Bar.

I've seen a few videos of people using the powerline trail. I'll probably give that a shot. My sportsman quad does well up hills. Just a little sketchy on the way down if there is a turn since the engine brake only works on the back tires so I'm kind of sliding here and there. Should be a blast in any case. Thanks for the info!