WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Watch the starter

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
We used to call that track “Wreckford” instead of Rockford Speedway. It was the season opener and all the Superlate Models from a 2-4 hour radius would show up to smash their stuff for the first time after winter 😳

Wwwwwwatch the Starterrrrrrrrr!😂

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Watched that last night, then ran into this.
50 cars, 50 laps, no yellow flags. If your car dies, they throw a red flag, everyone stops, you get out of the car and walk to the infield. Car stays on the track where it wrecked or died. Restart Oh, I forgot about the 50 gallon barrels of water, placed around the track. And they continue to water down the corners, which mixes quite well with the oil and antifreeze.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Watched that last night, then ran into this.
50 cars, 50 laps, no yellow flags. If your car dies, they throw a red flag, everyone stops, you get out of the car and walk to the infield. Car stays on the track where it wrecked or died. Restart Oh, I forgot about the 50 gallon barrels of water, placed around the track. And they continue to water down the corners, which mixes quite well with the oil and antifreeze.

Yeah that was a good one.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I've said it many times on here. The best entertainment is at your local track.
I've been to many events locally that make this look mundane.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Back in the 60’s and early 70’s, locally, they ran super modified’s, basically a winged sprinter. Drivers had talent and personality. More than once, if the drivers got into each other during the race, they’d pull into the infield and duke it out. After the race, they’d be in the bar reliving the night at the track. Spent many Saturday nights watching these guys.