WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Water between the engine cover/sunpad and fiberglass shell

XX14

Reaction score
I just had Nordic redo the skins for my sunpad and I'm getting ready to put it all back together and there's a lot of residue that seems to be from water getting between the wood that the upholstery is attacted to and the fiberglass shell that covers the engine ie. the hatch. Any ideas on how to solve this. No, we don't normally swamp the back of the boat but there's a lot of boarding the boat wet? It's a Nordic Rage.

STEPPCHILD

Reaction score
...you may have to re-coat/seal/encapsulate the wood portion..West makes an awesome penetrating resin for just this type of repair...if you are getting "standing water" damage, a couple well-placed drill/drain holes may be needed too...:thumbsup

XX14

Reaction score
so the wood's in good shape I'm just having trouble coming up with how water's getting in there? It's mostly happening in the center area. I thought about the drain holes but if water's getting in there it would end up draining right onto the engine. I'll be other folks have dealt with this.

STEPPCHILD

Reaction score
...once water gets "into" foam it takes forever to dry..sounds like you got "wet butts on the box" syndrome..:rolleyes ..maybe a barrier sheet between the upholstery and foam.?. jus throwin it out there...:cool