WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Water Filter Question

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Backlash

Reaction score
I just put two filters on our trailer in Parker for this exact same reason. The sediment filter plugged up completely after one day. We had no water pressure afterwards so I pulled it all off and said "Fuggit!"

🤬

I wasn't willing to buy new filters every weekend, so we are back to not using any filters and not drinking the water. We just use it for showers and washing your hands.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
We’re basically the same way. Would never drink the shit water anyways. Bag ice and bottled water. It’s fine for showering..... he’ll I’m in the river all day anyhow.

stingray11

Reaction score
I'm going to assume this is off of a well and if so maybe the pump is too low in the well and it's picking up sediment

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have been using the culligan softner for a few months now at echo and it has worked pretty good. They change it out monthly so it isn't free, but either was the filters i was always replacing. Nice to have soft water to take shower in also. I usually blow water to grade before putting it to the trailer to help.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I have been using the culligan softner for a few months now at echo and it has worked pretty good. They change it out monthly so it isn't free, but either was the filters i was always replacing. Nice to have soft water to take shower in also. I usually blow water to grade before putting it to the trailer to help.
My water softener takes out most of the hard water. I no longer have orange rings in my toilet. Just trying to keep most of the sediment out of the softner.

old rigger

Reaction score
So the water at Echo Lodge sucks. I have a sediment filter and water Softener. The mobile is hooked up to a 2 inch line that I blow out every couple of months. When I do it's black water. My sediment filter always has dirt in it.. Wondering if I put a 50 micron filter in it would help.

We installed one in our place, tastes fine to me, wife still drinks bottled water. I think it’s a reverse osmosis system, my cousin got it for us so I’m not exactly what kind of system it is to be honest. 2 big filters, a large round tank.
Back in the day at Cienega Springs and at Echo they had little spring water taps and for 50 cents you could fill your sparklers bottles there. Honor system kinda thing, little box you'd drop your $ I think the one in Cienega was something left over from the Dude Ranch that was there back in the 40's?

Those spickits may still be there?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
What size sediment filter do you have installed?

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
We installed one in our place, tastes fine to me, wife still drinks bottled water. I think it’s a reverse osmosis system, my cousin got it for us so I’m not exactly what kind of system it is to be honest. 2 big filters, a large round tank.
Back in the day at Cienega Springs and at Echo they had little spring water taps and for 50 cents you could fill your sparklers bottles there. Honor system kinda thing, little box you'd drop your $ I think the one in Cienega was something left over from the Dude Ranch that was there back in the 40's?

Those spickits may still be there?

Classic! But no, not there anymore. You can pay for Oasis water to fill a large tank that sits outside your place.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have noticed the heavy sediment is directly related to them shutting down the system for whatever reason. Been there when the water has been shutoff and as soon as its back on water is black with sediment.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Down below Parker there always seems to be main breaks which results in black water. I shut off water before we leave and run the water for awhile on a house before hooking my RV back up each trip. Pretty much goes w/out saying but we don't drink the water and I gave up on filters, too much damn work.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Down below Parker there always seems to be main breaks which results in black water. I shut off water before we leave and run the water for awhile on a house before hooking my RV back up each trip. Pretty much goes w/out saying but we don't drink the water and I gave up on filters, too much damn work.

I do the same.... Also this is what its like when I flush the 2 inch line.

cofooter

Reaction score
Damn thats nasty....... what does your water utilty say? Or is the water serviced by the park?

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Damn thats nasty....... what does your water utilty say? Or is the water serviced by the park?

CRA runs the Park and its the Park's water. But hey, water is included in our space rent!

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Echo Lodge water update. Staff told us that they now pump the water straight from the river and do not use the well anymore. I have been up quite a few times and never witnessed any trenching to run water lines but who knows. I still get the black sludge when I flush the 2 inch line behind my trailer and my filters still clog.

This says we are on well but I doubt it gets updated much.

Big Bend is on river water.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Damn I thought our water at Lost Lake was bad!
I just use a landscape sand filter basically to keep my sprinklers from getting clod, simple open it and flush it once in a while.
Good for showers and washing dishes, drink bottled water and bag ice.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
You can also run a pool sand filter inline to pre treat. But this is some third world water you have there. Let me try to describe my third world Mexico water system where I also pump river water for my house. I have a large tank made out of concrete, but you can use a round plastic tank that is readily available. The key is settling time. Top it off before you leave so when you get back all the sediment is on the bottom. Put a valve on the bottom to flush the sediment out before you start using it. Then take the water out with a valve about 12-18 inches above the bottom and run it through a pool/spa sized cartridge filter. Use a jet pump with a pressure tank to supply the trailer. I have used the harbor freight pumps knowing the will need to be replaced at certain intervals, but you can work the extended warranty on them if you don’t forget the expiration date.

That settling time and pre treat filter will do wonders.

I also treat my tank when I leave with about 3ppm of regular pool chlorine to disinfect for biological contamination.

Your water softener should do the rest.

My tank is 1500 gallons and would last several weekend trips. I would think a 500 gallon tank would work if you are not going crazy… if you are staying a week at a time probably need closer to 1000.

If you run out it’s not that big of a deal an over night settle will do some good and worst case you are just using the water you have now…

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Echo put in a large storage tank years ago. I believe the problem is they don't take the water from the top and they never flush it. I called Lance yesterday from Oasis and will be putting in one of his systems for fresh drinking water. Getting tiered of fill 5 gal jugs all the time. Its just a pain to keep cleaning out my 2 filters to keep water pressure and not contaminate my softener with sediment for house water.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The tank installer told me it must be back flushed every 6 months. I mentioned it after not being flushed for 5 years. Had to delete my post.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
@mesquito_creek 's settling container suggestion is simple & inexpensive. Make them pleated sediment filters last.

Don't think the park would go for a large tank being installed behind my mobile. It's pretty upsetting when CRA raises our rent every year and can't supply better quality water. About 15 years ago I had to run a HF pump because our water pressure was so poor. The park finally ran a new 2 inch line and made clean outs. I seem to be the only one using the clean out tho.