WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Water Ski Bridle

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
What is the proper way to rig a ski bridle for a skier that hasnt tried a bridle yet? (Rec skiing only, no race). And do i deep water start wrapped or not? Thanks for your help!:hmm

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
What is the proper way to rig a ski bridle for a skier that hasnt tried a bridle yet? (Rec skiing only, no race). And do i deep water start wrapped or not? Thanks for your help!:hmm

Hmmm,, I don't think that starting out wrapped is the best idea until you can ski wrapped, or at least ski a couple of rides wrapped up since the balance on the ski can change a bunch, depending on your style and how far forward you lean, etc.

Do you have a bridle to try, or does one of your friends have one they can loan you or help you learn with? Originally guys just used double handles and pulled them behind their butt's, but the rope digs into your sides, and the regular double handles are kind of large to fit both into your fist.

Guess you are too far to run over to Puddingstone and let me show you a few things about it, but if you are really interested, feel free to PM for my phone number, it will save a bunch of typing.

I will want to know a bit about your ability and type of ski, etc. Skiing wrapped up can really slam you down into the water if you happen to stuff the tip, which is easier to do with a shorter ski.

W.O.T MARINE

Reaction score
What kinda of briddle are you useing: Chazz, DC, bemo...
Most skiers start wraped up but you may want to get up hand's out front then wrap up once your going for the first few times untill you are comfortable using the wraps.

Starting wraped, put the top of the haddle's of the briddle at about your butt crack level and go from there, some like the haddles higher others lower. Its all personal preference.

For the center handle hook the bridle up to your truck, and sit in a ski style position find where you think it will be comfortable, maybe start with just taping the sides together and go from there.

This will help. http://dcwaterskis.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=48#handles

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the response all. 001 yes im too far to head to pudding,thanks though. I have a D.C. bridle and i didnt put the center handle in. Skis are maha 360 70" and wood 74" been skiing for 30 years just never tried this style yet. I will tape up my line for now, thanks again!

work2ski

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the response all. 001 yes im too far to head to pudding,thanks though. I have a D.C. bridle and i didnt put the center handle in. Skis are maha 360 70" and wood 74" been skiing for 30 years just never tried this style yet. I will tape up my line for now, thanks again!

I would suggest leaving the handle out until you are REALLY comfortable with skiing wrapped up. Try just pinching the lines together with your front hand for a while. This will also help you determine exactly where you want the handle. The location of the handle will be different for every one.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The location of the handle will be different for every one.

Particularly for recreational skiing. I never really liked a front handle for "play" skiing, but did use them with the race ski.