WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Water Ski Thread...

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
He was asking about Southern California. "Cali" as non natives, and rappers call it, is a somewhat large state. [emoji72] with the exception of the San Diego clubs (Hammer at SDSU would be a sight) and Big Bear are on private lakes, including Canyon, so it's more like a couple, not couple dozen. The San Diego clubs are friendly and always looking for more folks.

cofooter

Reaction score
He was asking about Southern California. "Cali" as non natives, and rappers call it, is a somewhat large state. [emoji72] with the exception of the San Diego clubs (Hammer at SDSU would be a sight) and Big Bear are on private lakes, including Canyon, so it's more like a couple, not couple dozen. The San Diego clubs are friendly and always looking for more folks.

Ummm, I'm a native, that's what I call it.

Newberry Springs and up by Bakersfield have a few clubs as well.

Hammer

Reaction score

I'd head down to San Diego for the weekend to do some skiing[emoji106]🏻

Hammer

Reaction score

I'll have to look into that. Castaic and pyramid are in my backyard. It would be nice to ski there on a weekly basis.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

LOL, what label do you rap for? Hahaa.haha. JK, pet peeve of mine. Correct about those areas, but all are private lakes with some non owner memberships.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You do have a couple of SoCal options -- the Long Beach Boat and Ski Club is still active (they put on the annual Catalina Ski Race -- Rich Hughes is the membership chairman and John Krieger is the race director 562-235-3975) -- They still have monthly meetings at El Dorado Park I think. There is also a show-ski team organized at Canyon Lake -- they have practice on Sunday afternoons -- and you don 't have to ski -- a friend of mine just joined the group a couple of months ago and helps out with the driving duties.

cofooter

Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of them because I wanted to ski last time I visited and even though they are private, they often offer pulls for $$$ or have events fro non-members. Most of them have websites or e-mails, so you can check them out.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Hammer, how did the new ski work out for you? Was it measuably different that others you have been on recently?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I still have a Kidder Hammer that I bought back in the early 90's. Definitely more ski than my ability can support. The Terry was given to me and my guess is it's probably worthless.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
I still have a Kidder Hammer that I bought back in the early 90's. Definitely more ski than my ability can support. The Terry was given to me and my guess is it's probably worthless.

I haven't seen a Terry since I last owned one. That was the very first ski I bought for myself back in the 70's. A Terry.

That one is a little different than the one I had.

If you don't want it I'll take it? I'll pay shipping and even give you a few bucks for it if you want to get rid of it?
I want it just for nostalgia reasons.

let me know.

Tom

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I haven't seen a Terry since I last owned one. That was the very first ski I bought for myself back in the 70's. A Terry.

That one is a little different than the one I had.

If you don't want it I'll take it? I'll pay shipping and even give you a few bucks for it if you want to get rid of it?
I want it just for nostalgia reasons.

let me know.

Tom

:thumbsup

I think I'll hang on to it for now. It's at least usable.

Hammer

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436021664.286201.jpg
Dirt Lot[emoji106]🏻

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I would like to buy the kidder. Go good with my EP[emoji2]

What the hell will you do with a water ski? I thought that you retired after the epic Bandini Mountain ski accident. :p

milkmoney

Reaction score
What the hell will you do with a water ski? I thought that you retired after the epic Bandini Mountain ski accident. :p

No mountain skiing for me. I would tear up the water on a kidder liked did on my EP [emoji106][emoji2]

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any So Cal water ski clubs besides Arrowhead? Do they even exist anymore? Be fun to go skiing every weekend locally.

Castaic boat and Ski Club.

Was a memeber quite a few years ago. They had a course set up in one of the coves at castaic. Not sure if they are still active, but if you google them there is a number and address.

milkmoney

Reaction score
That thing is kick ass especially when you shorten the rope. :D

Make me an offer. I would trade it for a speed ski.:cool

I don't have a speed ski , so can't trade. Not sure what the value is or what u would like for it. ?[emoji2]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That thing is kick ass especially when you shorten the rope. :D

Make me an offer. I would trade it for a speed ski.:cool

If they don't pan out I'll take it. Just tell me what it's worth to you.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Castaic boat and Ski Club.

Was a memeber quite a few years ago. They had a course set up in one of the coves at castaic. Not sure if they are still active, but if you google them there is a number and address.
There appeared to be a course in one of the coves on Friday 7/3. [emoji3]

Hammer

Reaction score
New Ski is great! I was able to get up on the first pull [emoji106]🏻. Very stable and nice cutting ski, came through the wake several times kind of fast (for me anyway) and I never got out of shape. I was comfortable right around 32 mph. My legs got tired so dropped the handle. Rested for a few minutes and gave it another shot took a few pulls to get me back up. Didn't last long though, my legs were done. Looking forward to skiing every trip out now! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436131161.723092.jpg

Thanks to Obnoxious for pulling me at 6am. Man, my legs are out of shape. Both Barry and Dennis mentioned I should try skiing wrapped up.

Not bad for the first real ski ride session I've attempted in over 10 years..

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer, how did the new ski work out for you? Was it measuably different that others you have been on recently?

Worked out great! Glad I went with the TX over the Freeride. I will get a nice slalom ski next season if I get really good. [emoji106]🏻

Hammer

Reaction score
If there is one thing that Dennis does well it's skiing. I hear that he talks too much while observing though.

Mike, I just left Chandlers and he asked for you to stop by to visit.

Dennis looked like a pro. He was still buzzed from the night before, didn't think he'd be game for a ski ride that early. Impressed the hell out of me[emoji106]🏻

Hammer

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436131721.360980.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436131731.229942.jpg

My driver Barry [emoji106]🏻

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
New Ski is great! I was able to get up on the first pull [emoji106]. Very stable and nice cutting ski, came through the wake several times kind of fast (for me anyway) and I never got out of shape. I was comfortable right around 32 mph. My legs got tired so dropped the handle. Rested for a few minutes and gave it another shot took a few pulls to get me back up. Didn't last long though, my legs were done. Looking forward to skiing every trip out now! View attachment 417688

Thanks to Obnoxious for pulling me at 6am. Man, my legs are out of shape. Both Barry and Dennis mentioned I should try skiing wrapped up.

Looks like all of that ski coaching from ol RD paid off well...

:D

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
New Ski is great! I was able to get up on the first pull [emoji106]. Very stable and nice cutting ski, came through the wake several times kind of fast (for me anyway) and I never got out of shape. I was comfortable right around 32 mph. My legs got tired so dropped the handle. Rested for a few minutes and gave it another shot took a few pulls to get me back up. Didn't last long though, my legs were done. Looking forward to skiing every trip out now!

If your speedo is right, we started off at maybe 33 mph,, and picked up to 35 I think.

Climbing stairs helps,, as does cycling or running if you start getting serious. How do you feel today, saw you guys go past earlier.

Hammer

Reaction score
If your speedo is right, we started off at maybe 33 mph,, and picked up to 35 I think.

Climbing stairs helps,, as does cycling or running if you start getting serious. How do you feel today, saw you guys go past earlier.

I feel ok. A little sore is all. I wanted to ski today just didn't get an early enough start. Thanks again Barry. [emoji106]🏻

I doubt I'll do any type of competitions, but if like to get in a little bit of ski shape so I can ski for a longer period of time.

hallett21

Reaction score
I feel ok. A little sore is all. I wanted to ski today just didn't get an early enough start. Thanks again Barry. [emoji106]🏻

I doubt I'll do any type of competitions, but if like to get in a little bit of ski shape so I can ski for a longer period of time.

Wrap up!

Hammer

Reaction score
Here's video of Dennis . [video=vimeo;132677899]https://vimeo.com/132677899[/video]

Hammer

Reaction score
Dennis out skiing my boat. Lol
[video=vimeo;132677852]https://vimeo.com/132677852[/video]

Hammer

Reaction score
[video=vimeo;132678499]https://vimeo.com/132678499[/video]

First ride on the new ski. [emoji106]🏻

Hammer

Reaction score
Why aren't you driving your boat?

Barry asked if I wanted to pull Dennis, I let him drive so I could film.

The 4th was a drinking day for me, I also asked Barry to be my DD. [emoji106]🏻

Reaction score
[emoji106]🏿[emoji106]🏿[emoji106]🏿

Boat sounds good.

Hammer

Reaction score
You have no footage of the incident? Two bad you didn't catch the coyote in the other video you shared.

The "incident" was just after I stopped filming. Missed the coyote as well [emoji107]🏻

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Finally finishing the kids Christmas presents. My Family has all skid on Brad Water skis for the most part all my life, I have had mine sine 86'. picked up a nother similar at a swap meet and now I have 5 counting a couple I traded some ski ropes for and 1 from e-bay. We have a trip coming up so I netter get these finished up.

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 66