WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Water Ski Thread...

oldschool

Reaction score
Getting ready to mount some new bindings on the 360 and trying to decide if I should leave it OG or do something different. was thinking of going with a carbon fiber look. What say you? 20150708_124532.jpg 20150708_124544.jpg

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
dropped a pink stripe on my daughters ski and cleared all 4 tonight, wrap these up this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 72

rchelm19

Reaction score
This thing kicks ass, planning on skiing on it in october, mission bay. Is anyone gonna be there? IMG_2004.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
I'm putting new boots on the 360 and starting thinking I should mount the new boots to a plate then mount that using the existing holes. The HO skis use an insert set up in the ski that fits the binding better. Or should I just put new holes in it and be done?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I'm putting new boots on the 360 and starting thinking I should mount the new boots to a plate then mount that using the existing holes. The HO skis use an insert set up in the ski that fits the binding better. Or should I just put new holes in it and be done?

I just mounted HO bindings on my glass 360 after using Maha high wraps for years. I drilled new holes, need to fill the old ones with something,even silicone maybe to keep water out of the core. Adding a plate would change the flex of the ski.

work2ski

Reaction score
I just mounted HO bindings on my glass 360 after using Maha high wraps for years. I drilled new holes, need to fill the old ones with something,even silicone maybe to keep water out of the core. Adding a plate would change the flex of the ski.

Hey Barry,

Try epoxy and small pieces of broken tooth picks.

oldschool

Reaction score

Ok. Will do. I thought about filling and epoxying the old holes, but thought silicone would be better in case I need to put the old bindings back on.

Hammer

Reaction score
I contacted castaic boat and ski club, the email is invalid, left a message with no answer [emoji107]🏻

Community

Reaction score
Nice! Man, I've logged alot of hours skiing there. I haven't been on the river in about 15 years and I only work about 5 minutes away.

I love the place, been going since I was 2 weeks old....it was busy last weekend, going again this weekend with a ski boat. Stop by Riverland!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I love this thread! As a little girl, I would sit and watch my dad, uncles and aunt ski, always fascinated by the fan of the water. I had one friend, who I swear never got her hair wet when she skied. Always wanted to try but never had the nerve! :)

Hammer

Reaction score
I love this thread! As a little girl, I would sit and watch my dad, uncles and aunt ski, always fascinated by the fan of the water. I had one friend, who I swear never got her hair wet when she skied. Always wanted to try but never had the nerve! :)

There's a first time for everything B [emoji106]🏻I bet you'd be skiing before RD. [emoji3]

PrimeCut

Reaction score
A video my cousin made last year, I'm driving, '57 Rocket, old family boat he has now

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammer

Reaction score
Went Skiing with Obnoxious this morning.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438631119.122434.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438631129.424980.jpg

Video coming later... :eek:

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This ought to be right up every skier's alley -- mark your calendar, Saturday, August 22 at Long Beach Marine Stadium. Tony Klarich (Mike Murphy's cousin) is celebrating his 50th birthday by riding and skiing on 50 different things (picnic table, beverage cooler, suitcase, pallet, skateboard, bicycle, ladder, etc.). Mike is also going to try and set a new world record by riding the tallest (over 11-feet) hydrofoil ever. Besides all the stunts, a lot of the best past and present skiers are coming to ski and do a few acts too. Tony has rented the Stadium for the day, and everyone is invited -- no admission fee, it's FREE to the public to come watch. It's an all day event. I've seen a lot of stunt skiers over the years, but I don't think anybody is better or more versatile than Tony.

Hammer

Reaction score
This ought to be right up every skier's alley -- mark your calendar, Saturday, August 22 at Long Beach Marine Stadium. Tony Klarich (Mike Murphy's cousin) is celebrating his 50th birthday by riding and skiing on 50 different things (picnic table, beverage cooler, suitcase, pallet, skateboard, bicycle, ladder, etc.). Mike is also going to try and set a new world record by riding the tallest (over 11-feet) hydrofoil ever. Besides all the stunts, a lot of the best past and present skiers are coming to ski and do a few acts too. Tony has rented the Stadium for the day, and everyone is invited -- no admission fee, it's FREE to the public to come watch. It's an all day event. I've seen a lot of stunt skiers over the years, but I don't think anybody is better or more versatile than Tony.

I'd like to make this.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

If I don't head to Parker. I'm definitely gonna go see it.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

:tbi

every-ride-9up-montage.jpg adventures-water-skiing-hydrofoiling-1999-luge-chair-hydrofoil-klarich.jpg 1987-mike-murphy-hand-skiing-water-ski.jpg 2004-suitcase-tony-klarich-crazy-kneeboarding.jpg tony-klarich-2014-crossfit-pukie-box-water-ski-creative-commons-1000x.jpg tony-klarich-2014-disc-ladder-water-ski-west-gopro-free-stunt-1000x.jpg tony-klarich-2014-slalom-ski-sinking-gopro-free-water-skiing-photos-1000x1.jpg tony-klarich-2014-picnic-table-free-waterski-photos-gopro-1000x.jpg tony-klarich-2014-paling-water-ski-wood-free-body-glove-gopro-1000x.jpg tony-klarich-2013-best-ice-chest-gopro-creative-commons-1000x.jpg tony-klarich-2014-slalom-ski-sinking-turbo-ski-west-1000x.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
Thought I'd bring this thread back up. Got to spend some time on my 360 yesterday, every time I ski it I like it more. Now I just need to add some length to the wrap up rope I have. Spanky's?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Thought I'd bring this thread back up. Got to spend some time on my 360 yesterday, every time I ski it I like it more. Now I just need to add some length to the wrap up rope I have. Spanky's?

They have bulk rope in the back left corner of the store from where you walk in.

Hammer

Reaction score
Jonesing for a Ski Ride..... Been too long:(

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Jonesing for a Ski Ride..... Been too long:(

Where are you at now? So Cal? or AZ?

Might be down for a Wednesday mornig run down at Elsinore. Need to see if I fixed my possible gas issue.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Just got back tonight from Havi. Had an old, new-to-me 360 but couldn't work a ski ride in this weekend between weather and kids.:skull Great few days on the water though!:D

Hammer

Reaction score
Came across a video I had from bell aqua last year.

[video=youtube_https;Pd7FWSl44VE]https://youtu.be/Pd7FWSl44VE[/video]