WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Waterpump

Community

Reaction score
I am looking to replace the water pump in the merc 2 stroke 35. There appears to be 3 bolts and a shift linkage that hold the unit on. Any advise on getting this lower unit off. Never doen an o/b before.

Thanks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am looking to replace the water pump in the merc 2 stroke 35. There appears to be 3 bolts and a shift linkage that hold the unit on. Any advise on getting this lower unit off. Never doen an o/b before.

Thanks.

If it's anything like the tohatsu, the roll pin in the shift linkage is a pain in the ass.. I'll ask Kyle to chime in here tomorrow.

RD

Community

Reaction score
Yeah, i remember that from last one. This one is spring loaded with a nut at the top. Not sure how much pressue to seperate ....

Community

Reaction score
Here is a pic - any input?

displayimage.php

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If its like the big outboards, just take off the 4 nuts and the zinc annode. There is a bolt underneath. Just take off the bolts and it should just pull right off. That is assuming its like the big boys.

Community

Reaction score
I was wondering if it needed to be removed. You going to be in Parker next week with the rest of the crew? We are headed out Monday.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was wondering if it needed to be removed. You going to be in Parker next week with the rest of the crew? We are headed out Monday.

No. Im going up the same weekend as the Notta Regatta. The whole family is coming also. Just like last year. Ive got a lot of time on my hands now so let me know if you need any help at all.

Community

Reaction score
ok got the lower off. Under the anode was another bolt to loosen. After that no prob. Hopefully it goes back together now. There was a loose water line that seemed like it was just sitting facing up in the mid section? Also the cam? that controls shifting doesn't look right. Maybe its just wear as before I took it apart we shifted the boat f, n, r and it seemed to be ok when turning the prop by hand.

where is a goo dplace to get the new pump in LA as I want to walk the unit in as not sure on the year, part # etc.