Reaction score

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Throwback to 1964.

Spico Boats Ad 1964 small.jpg

DC-88

Reaction score
Went out a few mornings ago with the boys and someone took a vid when I happened to be the one skiing that got posted somewhere and sent to me . Just my 2nd time in a wrap but a friend just gave me one of my own and some rope so it’s time to make the switch

Romans9

Reaction score
My buddy in high school had a 1970‘s Arrow Glass Cheetah.

We wore that poor boat out.
It would pull a skier 25-27 mph with a full boat.
Took many friends out on that boat.
Lots of girls in bikinis that we grew up with and saw them like that for the first time.
Gave me a different appreciation for “boating” as a teenager.

I guarantee we had more fun with that boat than I will with a twin engine 100 mph boat today.

One just like this;

IMG_3513.png

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
So long ago, after I bought my MasterCraft, I couldn’t afford a waterski, the guys at the shop taught me to barefoot. Once I got a ski, I was being towed on some short lines and throwing some nice sprays out around the buoys.

I have not waterskied for years, but been talking about getting after it maybe at one of our lake powell trips this summer.
🤔

I think I am gonna need to try a bigger ski!

Hammer

Reaction score
So long ago, after I bought my MasterCraft, I couldn’t afford a waterski, the guys at the shop taught me to barefoot. Once I got a ski, I was being towed on some short lines and throwing some nice sprays out around the buoys.

I have not waterskied for years, but been talking about getting after it maybe at one of our lake powell trips this summer.
🤔

I think I am gonna need to try a bigger ski!
Connelly Big Daddy for the win!

draggin904

Reaction score
Do you guys kinda miss the older days? i know i do.. i was seventeen and a water ski instructor on the Columbia river in Pasco WA. Got all the gas I could burn in a 1973 tahiti with a 80hp merc. and only worked till 1 pm.. chicks..DANG!

Roosky01

Reaction score
My 12 year old daughter wants to get into it. We are snow skiers, but I know it probably doesn't translate one bit. I don't even know where to start? :(

draggin904

Reaction score
My 12 year old daughter wants to get into it. We are snow skiers, but I know it probably doesn't translate one bit. I don't even know where to start? :(
We have grown up snow skiing as well growing up in Washington...have always loved both , but growing up on
the Colombia River and having access at any time when i was a kid was so cool. I would encourage you guys to take the leap and start water skiing.. Its so fun and such a cool family thing..

4Waters

Reaction score
Single with a training rope is the way to go. I learned at 11 on doubles and hated it, so much so that I didn't even try to ski again for 9 years and I skipped doubles and went straight to a single and never looked back.