WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wax for a brand new RV

YZFRider

Reaction score
Ceramic coat it, and be done for quite a years.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'll be ceramic coating mine when ever it gets a build date.....Damn covid...

My cousins has had it trailers for 6-8 years and it was ceramic coated right away. It looks like new, but he does store it indoors.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Good topic, when I bought my fifth wheel I considered having it ceramic coated but considering I leave it at the river pretty much year-round I elected to just have a traditional wax job which I have done every few months. It gets hammered out there and where I'm really seeing the abuse is plastic parts as opposed to the waxed surfaces.

Does anyone have any real experience with ceramic coated RV's they leave at the river all summer. I'm curious if it really holds up better to the UV damage.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Good topic, when I bought my fifth wheel I considered having it ceramic coated but considering I leave it at the river pretty much year-round I elected to just have a traditional wax job which I have done every few months. It gets hammered out there and where I'm really seeing the abuse is plastic parts as opposed to the waxed surfaces.

Does anyone have any real experience with ceramic coated RV's they leave at the river all summer. I'm curious if it really holds up better to the UV damage.
My rig will be at the River for 7 months and in Glamis for 5 months every year. I definitely want something that has UV protection in it.

95Enforcer

Reaction score
I vote for an exterior warranty from the dealer. I did this and has a 7 year warranty. Worth it to me for fading and extreme desert uv issues.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Got my trailer washed and waxed after the 1900 mile delivery, Came out very good. My 5th wheel is new, 2019 model, so it's been sitting for a while. No ceramic...

1597132153336.png

1597132462141.png

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Got my trailer washed and waxed after the 1900 mile delivery, Came out very good. My 5th wheel is new, 2019 model, so it's been sitting for a while. No ceramic...

View attachment 909362
View attachment 909363
Very nice rig. Love the graphics and colors. Just keep it up and pay extra attention to the cap being black and all. Its the first thing to start oxidizing and going away from the uv rays.