WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Waze - traffic app

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Do you use it for route planning? I've used it a number of times to give me traffic data and routing information but I've found that sometimes the "off route" routing isn't any faster than staying on the freeway.

Heading to OC I was going south on the 15 through Norco/Corona it had me exit, cut through Norco/Corona and re-enter the 91W. Funny thing is that when I got back on the 91 there was a car in just about the same spot as me when I merged as he was when I exited to take the faster "off route" route.

Last night the same thing happened. Heading east on the 91 to Riverside it had me exit Green River, cut through Corona and re-enter on Serfas Club. About a mile up the road after I re-entered I saw the same car that was in close proximity to me when I exited. Unless there were two of the identical cars carrying beach cruisers on the trunk.

Have you ever had a random person send you a "beep-beep". Seriously, WTF why would you do that?

I like a lot of things about the app, but just don't think the "short cuts" during heavy traffic are any more efficient than staying the course. Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Not that I commute but I like Google Maps. My next trip out to Havasu Im going to try Waze... I hear more people like it. I also thought Waze and Google were connected?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Has happened to me quite often and now I just stick to the original route.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Not that I commute but I like Google Maps. My next trip out to Havasu Im going to try Waze... I hear more people like it. I also thought Waze and Google were connected?
Don't know if they are connected, but I do like that Waze is a social media app and that users can tag things like accidents, hazards in the road and police presence. Most mapping apps don't do that.

I also like that I can share my route/location with friends so if we're meeting somewhere they know where I am and when I'll get there.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've found that wazenis ALWAYS a right. I'll do whatever it tells me. And I drive a lot for work

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score

There are things about google maps I like. For instance, when I'm somewhere new, I really like that it tells me what lane to be in for a turn that's coming up. What really sucks about google maps is that you have once shot to pick the route without toll roads. Even then you need to click routes and look for the toll before starting your drive.

I've found that wazenis ALWAYS a right. I'll do whatever it tells me. And I drive a lot for work

Trust Waze
Its a saying that has become very true when I think my way is going to be faster.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Waze has helped me in South OC in heavy traffic conditions, and for river trips I have had great success with the cop warnings, just always remember to shut off after you are done driving and close app out completely, waze can smoke your data in a heart beat left alone for days on end.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If you have shortest route clicked it'll take off and back on the freeway because it's a 10th mile shorter.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I don't use it, but Mason does.

He keeps me updated about accidents, where the Highway Patrol is, etc. We haven't used it to take a detour though.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I have noticed the latest version now tries to route you the "Express" toll lanes. I wish there was a way to disable that, it's screwed me up a few times.

dezertrider

Reaction score
I love it. I like the real time route changes due to traffic

Its mandatory for our techs to use Waze. More than once has one employee using Waze gotten to the job 20min before the tech not using waze. and that was Lake Forest to Santa Ana

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
I have noticed the latest version now tries to route you the "Express" toll lanes. I wish there was a way to disable that, it's screwed me up a few times.

Do you have this checked?

Waze | Options | Navigation | Avoid Toll Roads

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't use it, but Mason does.

He keeps me updated about accidents, where the Highway Patrol is, etc. We haven't used it to take a detour though.
That's basically what we use it for too.
It's funny because every now and then Jan will say "it's right on, there was a stranded car just like it said"[emoji4]

riverroyal

Reaction score
Saved me from a ticket again last week. It's pretty amazing

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I like everything about it but the cop notification part. Last night going home on the 15 and this morning going north on the 15 I was in traffic and passed by lane splitting bike CHP units. Even when I posted the notice it does no good for the cars ahead of me. They'll never see the notification I posted and by the time anyone else gets to where I was when I sent it, the cop is gone.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Google owns Waze and has incorporated a lot of their tech into the Google maps stuff. Yet they treat it as a stand alone company. I love Waze. I don't think it matters much in heavy traffic cause sooo many people use it, the short cut routes are almost just as congested.

Icky

Reaction score
I ignore it sometimes, especially when down by the 15/91 in the morning. Trying to make a left when theres a million people is impossible. So I'll look ahead to see if I can get on somewhere else or make it so it's a right hand turn so I can cut ahead of people:D

I drive a lot on the 210 so sometimes I'll ignore it and stay on the streets longer to avoid certain areas

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Waze is great. It is creepy how accurate the time of arrival is. I love how it calculates my time of arrival, assuming that I am going to be sitting in traffic, but instead I am passing everyone in the carpool lane. I thoroughly enjoy watching how much time I save by driving my POS clean air vehicle....:cool