WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We’re outta here!!

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Well it’s official... We’re off to Atlanta first week of Jan. Sold our rental house, and made a killing, sold the Force, and are officially under contract on a great new place just north of ATL. Looking forward to our new adventure. 4 very large lakes within an hour drive, so our boating lifestyle won’t change too drastically. Other than the style of boats. Lol. I’ll be picking up a badass new style tritoon in the spring. Since you can’t fly with a damn dumb French Bulldog, I guess him and I will be driving my truck and travel trailer the 2k miles across America, and the wife and daughter will fly. Lol.

50412774-BEA9-4E7F-B11B-099CA3C19E95.jpeg

wzuber

Reaction score
Congratulations.....looks like you scored a very nice place there. You are now the envy of many...haha
Good luck on the next chapter in life.

DWC

Reaction score
Congrats.. Lived in Acworth for a couple years. 15 mins to Allatoona was pretty nice.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If you don't mind driving, that's actually a pretty good drive. Really neat watching the landscape and climate change by the hour. I love the trees at the new place;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the positivity. I have been happy here in Vegas for the past 12 years, but sometimes you just have to hit the reset button to do what’s right for your family. Since my Pops passed last year, I don’t have much family left on the west coast, and my Wife’s parents are both gone as well. The career opportunities are better for us back there, along with having family in ATL. It’s a big move, and will be a huge culture shock, but I like change, and I like the country. Lol. We go back there a couple weeks a year, and have always loved it. I think we’ll do well. We’ll be in Marietta, about 1/2 mile from the Chattahoochee river.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the positivity. I have been happy here in Vegas for the past 12 years, but sometimes you just have to hit the reset button to do what’s right for your family. Since my Pops passed last year, I don’t have much family left on the west coast, and my Wife’s parents are both gone as well. The career opportunities are better for us back there, along with having family in ATL. It’s a big move, and will be a huge culture shock, but I like change, and I like the country. Lol. We go back there a couple weeks a year, and have always loved it. I think we’ll do well. We’ll be in Marietta, about 1/2 mile from the Chattahoochee river.
...My sister has lived in Marietta since 1990 which is why I am familiar with the area...

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Plus... enough land to build my 1500 sq ft shop for the boat and RV, very light gun laws, and no smog for diesel vehicles. Lol. Oh ya, and vehicle registration is a flat rate for $25/yr! Doesn’t matter the msrp. Diesel fuel is also right around $2.75/gallon. Doesn’t see many downsides.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
nice. So I take it she likes it there?
...Definitely likes it there... not coming back to Ca...most of she and her husbands boating was done on Lake Lanier... which I have been on...very nice lake...

DWC

Reaction score

I stay at the Hilton in Marietta quite a bit. It’s a drive to the office but i don’t run into anyone from work.. The Marietta square is nice. Decent sushi and the taco shop is damn good.
We were there in 2003 ish. Talk about culture shock. Neighbors actually introduced themselves and brought pies/cakes. Definitely a different experience than out West.

sonicss31

Reaction score
Congrats. You are going to love the people in GA. So friendly and manners. Daughter lived in Thomasville for a while and I loved going to visit because of the people.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Plus... enough land to build my 2500 sq ft shop for the boat and RV, very light gun laws, and no smog for diesel vehicles. Lol. Oh ya, and vehicle registration is a flat rate for $25/yr! Doesn’t matter the msrp. Diesel fuel is also right around $2.75/gallon. Doesn’t see many downsides.

I see one downside, fixed it for you /\ :D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Congrats!

I suggest the STIHL BR 700 Leaf blower. You wont regret it.:p

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Congrats as well. My wife and I will cover 2/3 of the population loss in Vegas you are creating. We are leaving California and thought about the far east, i.e., the Carolinas, but we have too many friends in Ca. to be that far away.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Good for you. You sound excited and eager for the change and opportunities. That attitude will make you successful. Big cultural shock along with southern humidity.
I learned to water ski on Lake Lanier. Have family who’s land just gently rolls right into the lake. My favorite area is Stone Mountain. The road leading up into Stone Mountain is on S. Hairston— I am part of the Hairston family.
Good luck on the new adventure!

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Look up the Georgia Traverse for a GA adventure. GeorgiaOverland.com

4czn10

Reaction score
Welcome to the south! We live on Lake Hartwell in SC. we moved 2 1/2 years ago from Ca. and love it. if your ever in the area, PM me and we can show you around...

brownsuger

Reaction score
Plus... enough land to build my 1500 sq ft shop for the boat and RV, very light gun laws, and no smog for diesel vehicles. Lol. Oh ya, and vehicle registration is a flat rate for $25/yr! Doesn’t matter the msrp. Diesel fuel is also right around $2.75/gallon. Doesn’t see many downsides.

I have family there and get through Atlanta often on work trips.... Love the area. The only negative thing I can think of is the traffic
Best of luck

Taboma

Reaction score
Welcome to the south! We live on Lake Hartwell in SC. we moved 2 1/2 years ago from Ca. and love it. if your ever in the area, PM me and we can show you around...

Have a long time friend (widow of deceased best friend) living in Toccoa and I know my ole buddy really liked that lake and area.
Any particular pros & cons, Georgia side vs SC side ?
Lake levels seem to fluctuate seasonally by many feet, probably leaving many docks high and dry or bays inaccessible. Have you found this particularly problematic ?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Congrats!! You can challenge Brian for lawn of the year awards now:D

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congrats, best of Luck on the move! Nice change of pace from CA I’m sure.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Congrats. I’m officially out of CA and in AZ now full time. Just need to get the house builder to hurry. I don’t know If I’ll last 3 weeks with my in-laws.

DWC

Reaction score
Congrats. I’m officially out of CA and in AZ now full time. Just need to get the house builder to hurry. I don’t know If I’ll last 3 weeks with my in-laws.
Ouch, it’ll be alright. Did 3 mos right after marriage (27 yrs ago) and I can barely remember it. :) Then again, I never worked more hours.

1Racerx

Reaction score
Congrats dude...we left CA in '93 and moved to Knoxville Tn, im still a SoCal kid at heart but youll never get me out of East Tenn...we have some huge badass lakes here too..Norris is 10 minutes away, Douglas, Cherokee, Ft Loudon. Have fun
boat deck norris.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
Unfortunately he's leaving Nevada, him and his better half are the good ones you don't want to see go. See you in a couple hours Brandon.

sintax

Reaction score
Congrats dude...we left CA in '93 and moved to Knoxville Tn, im still a SoCal kid at heart but youll never get me out of East Tenn...we have some huge badass lakes here too..Norris is 10 minutes away, Douglas, Cherokee, Ft Loudon. Have fun View attachment 828746

Nice! Some of my closest friends just moved to Knoxville from La Mirada last July.

Are there any snakes in those lakes? Thats one thing that traumatized me as a kid when I was out in VA visiting my grandma.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Nice! Some of my closest friends just moved to Knoxville from La Mirada last July.

Are there any snakes in those lakes? Thats one thing that traumatized me as a kid when I was out in VA visiting my grandma.
The cottonmouths in N atlanta scared the crap out of me. We’d run across them on the golf course creeks. They were aggressive as hell. Bit the golf course dog something like 40 times. Never saw them on Allatoona but we were told to watch out.. We didn’t float a lot there.

1Racerx

Reaction score

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

4czn10

Reaction score
Have a long time friend (widow of deceased best friend) living in Toccoa and I know my ole buddy really liked that lake and area.
Any particular pros & cons, Georgia side vs SC side ?
Lake levels seem to fluctuate seasonally by many feet, probably leaving many docks high and dry or bays inaccessible. Have you found this particularly problematic ?
sorry, just saw this...both sides have their advantages...we live on the Seneca River part about a 20 min boat ride to Clemson. We have a fairly deep dock, so we are ok untill it drops more then 8 feet, so if your looking for a lake home make sure you are on "Deep Water". If i were to do it all over again, i would have bought up on Lake Keowee, even though it's 40-70% higher cost...lake doesn't fluctuate nearly as much, water is cleaner, and overall prettier.