WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We are working on it..

Wedgy

Reaction score
No worries RD. We know yer on it! Like Trixie at the Crazy Horse!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I am well aware of the problems and captcha and all the other bullshit..

Make offer to Vic,buy Hotboat. Most of us here willing kick in every month. The rate you guys going one web site cannot handle your ambition not to mention Stacy.
Plus,RDP has become a major source for legitimate News that is desperately needed right now.

retaocleg

Reaction score
....easy captcha
captcha.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is unbelievable.. someone is actually spending a lot of money to fuck with RDP..

I'm going to give you three guesses as to who it is and the first two don't count.

Some asshole leftist with some computer connections. I can appreciate that being that this website it pretty conservative.. but I hope they know that it isn't just me or the membership they are messing with, but rather a lot of businesses and employees that are supported by this community.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
This is unbelievable.. someone is actually spending a lot of money to fuck with RDP..

I'm going to give you three guesses as to who it is and the first two don't count.

Some asshole leftist with some computer connections. I can appreciate that being that this website it pretty conservative.. but I hope they know that it isn't just me or the membership they are messing with, but rather a lot of businesses and employees that are supported by this community.

Cant tell you exactly who but....

I venture to guess, said suspect has been "permanently" banned more than once🤷🏻‍♂️

There is a reason the "Fab 7" made a pact to not post on RDP for awhile... coincidence? I think not!! Maybe it's time to "stick" to these "permanent" bans and quit letting them back on🤔

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I venture to guess, said suspect has been "permanently" banned more than once🤷🏻‍♂️

There is a reason the "Fab 7" made a pact to not post on RDP for awhile... coincidence? I think not!! Maybe it's time to "stick" to these "permanent" bans and quit letting them back on🤔

Grads doesn’t have the resources or the funds to pull this off..

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Grads doesn’t have the resources or the funds to pull this off..

I agree 100% nor do I think he would be that malicious.

I'm thinking more of "Gmac" "stainless" ect...

Although I bet GRADS is getting quite the kick out of this... being he is part of the group on hiatus..

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

The fbi?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Then what makes you think someone is making this personal?

There aren't a lot of motives to attack a boating site that fall outside of a personal or political vendetta (which lets face it, at this point are one and the same) .

That being said it could definitely be something else, but these attacks cost a lot of money and what is to be gained by spending that if it isn't one of the above?

The website doesn't have a viable enough competitor for me to believe it's coming from that avenue.

We might have to deal with some captchas for the next few days, but it's better than no site at all.

If this is coming from the political sphere it's pretty damn sad that it isn't good enough for the commie leftists to run counter thought out of their sandboxes (reddit, FB, instagram) but now they want to banish it from it's own sandboxes too.... 👎

Welcome to 🤡🌎

HitIt

Reaction score
Wow, you must have really pissed someone off. Unbelievable.
Let's say you scream in my face, I slap you, and then you get pissed off. Who really pissed who off?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There aren't a lot of motives to attack a boating site that fall outside of a personal or political vendetta (which lets face it, at this point are one and the same) .

That being said it could definitely be something else, but these attacks cost a lot of money and what is to be gained by spending that if it isn't one of the above?

The website doesn't have a viable enough competitor for me to believe it's coming from that avenue.

We might have to deal with some captchas for the next few days, but it's better than no site at all.

If this is coming from the political sphere it's pretty damn sad that it isn't good enough for the commie leftists to run counter thought out of their sandboxes (reddit, FB, instagram) but now they want to banish it from it's own sandboxes too.... 👎

Welcome to 🤡🌎
So how does said person or entity pay for it? Do they go to some dark web site and literally enter a credit card to fuck with a website?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Anybody seen Grads lately...??

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I vote to give Grads mod privileges to host one thread only. It will be the "How much I love Joe Biden" thread. He will be happy, the libtards will be happy, and Dave will have our forum back. Oh, and isolate Grads only to that thread!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Well, if it’s a matter of money we all know who has the big pile of cash.
He reminds us of it all the time.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Someone is actively monitoring our countermeasures and the moment we let off to make it less intrusive for you guys they ramp it up again.

Ultimately they will run out of money sooner or later.

How much money does it take?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
How much money does it take?

If you already have the infrastructure, not much, just electricity. If you are paying for the infrastructure.. it adds up quick.

The question then becomes if you own the infrastructure, you aren't making any money attacking a website.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Like a million?
Hundred K?

To buy the shit to run an attack to overrun a decent website.. several hundred grand minimum. Then you need to power and cool it, or rent space for it to live in.

It is cheaper to rent it buy the hour, for a day or two.. but you will get a $1M bill at the end of the month just letting that shit run full throttle.

EDIT - This is the "enterprise" rate a legitimate company would pay for compute resources from a legitimate high end cloud provider - Microsoft, Amazon, Google, IBM, etc..

Last edited:

HitIt

Reaction score
I don't think it actually costs that much to rent a bot net for a short period of time. The more difficult thing is making untraceable connections via darkweb and setting up payment using crypto. It isn't like this was supposed to be permanent. Just supposed to piss some people off.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't think it actually costs that much to rent a bot net for a short period of time. The more difficult thing is making untraceable connections via darkweb and setting up payment using crypto. It isn't like this was supposed to be permanent. Just supposed to piss some people off.

Yes, it depends on where it is, costs are different in different areas of the world. The hardware doing this could be in a shed in Bangladesh wired to some building and bought for pennies on the dollar. My past company sold off lease out of warranty gear all over the world. A 3 year old $60K server was under $10K.

That scenario is kind of hyperbole, but it happens constantly.

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Welcome to 🤡🌎

Thanks for the info..... Not sure why this place would be put on the political sphere, pretty sure there are other sites that have more of that and to be honest didn't really think RD was a place to voice your political views endlessly, but there is some but I would think its in the 10% of all the forums out there in the world.

Its just unfathomable for me to think that someone would spend money (a lot of it from what people are saying) to handicap a site with no real return. IDK, maybe i'm still missing something..

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
something like this I wonder if at some point you get a message saying pay us xxx amount and we leave you alone
You might with a legitimate corporation. They will get bored and move on eventually, there is no money to be made here. What are they gonna ask for, Dave's Monkey Mover?