WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We are working on it..

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) is a type of security measure known as challenge-response authentication. ... A CAPTCHA test is made up of two simple parts: a randomly generated sequence of letters and/or numbers that appear as a distorted image, and a text box

Your ad here

Reaction score
This is unbelievable.. someone is actually spending a lot of money to fuck with RDP..

I'm going to give you three guesses as to who it is and the first two don't count.

Some asshole leftist with some computer connections. I can appreciate that being that this website it pretty conservative.. but I hope they know that it isn't just me or the membership they are messing with, but rather a lot of businesses and employees that are supported by this community.
Is/was it a recent active RDP member?

traquer

Reaction score
Likely a few thousand dollars per hour.
Really? I thought it was quite cheap to just go on the darknet and buy some spam bot traffic? Maybe the cheap stuff gets filtered easily, and only the expensive stuff makes it past the CDN etc and affects the sites. I know it's pretty cheap to scrape Google search results, but hitting sites with traffic is probably a different ballgame.

Admin Dude

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? I thought it was quite cheap to just go on the darknet and buy some spam bot traffic? Maybe the cheap stuff gets filtered easily, and only the expensive stuff makes it past the CDN etc and affects the sites. I know it's pretty cheap to scrape Google search results, but hitting sites with traffic is probably a different ballgame.

They arent running a basic tcp attack or anything, its a lot of botnet traffic being used. To the point earlier there was only 12 million requests to the site in 1 hour.

sintax

Reaction score

I'm not sure exactly what type of attacks are being implemented, typically you can just do simple distributed high volume attacks. Back in the days we used to use these zombie networks, they'd spread via malware, and they'd all dial into a specific irc channel awaiting instructions (command/control). More often now a days its cloud based, and thats where the cost comes from.

so from a cdn perspective, thats great and all, but you need to ensure you have your origin servers blocked to the general internet. Ideally your origin servers will only be accessible from your CDN's edge server ips. Without this, people can still find your public origin and attack this directly bypassing your cdn totally.

I dont have a ton of experience using cloudflare, all of the firms that employed me use Akamai, but the same principals apply. Their bot filtering and WAF SHOULD be able to weed out 90% of your attacks, assuming you have it tuned up right. But like i said, without details about the specific types of attacks, i'm just spitballing in the dark

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what type of attacks are being implemented, typically you can just do simple distributed high volume attacks. Back in the days we used to use these zombie networks, they'd spread via malware, and they'd all dial into a specific irc channel awaiting instructions (command/control). More often now a days its cloud based, and thats where the cost comes from.

so from a cdn perspective, thats great and all, but you need to ensure you have your origin servers blocked to the general internet. Ideally your origin servers will only be accessible from your CDN's edge server ips. Without this, people can still find your public origin and attack this directly bypassing your cdn totally.

I dont have a ton of experience using cloudflare, all of the firms that employed me use Akamai, but the same principals apply. Their bot filtering and WAF SHOULD be able to weed out 90% of your attacks, assuming you have it tuned up right. But like i said, without details about the specific types of attacks, i'm just spitballing in the dark

maybe you should talk to admin dude

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't think it actually costs that much to rent a bot net for a short period of time. The more difficult thing is making untraceable connections via darkweb and setting up payment using crypto. It isn't like this was supposed to be permanent. Just supposed to piss some people off.

lot easier and cheaper ways to piss people off

Your ad here

Reaction score
No way to find out but they are spending ridiculous money to do it..

if I do find out who it is they are gonna be spending ridiculous money on dental work.
It isn't that kid that invited the BLM for a rally in LHC is it?

4Waters

Reaction score
Would it help to make this a strictly pay to play membership? You are making my stress level climb with the fear of losing my favorite site.

Especially to retaliatory libtards!
I don't think that will make a difference

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It would appear I missed my calling. I am a total asshole, and don't make nearly as much as technologically advanced assholes! I had no idea computer fuckery paid that well. I know cyber security is a big thing, but had no idea those types could command that type of pay for malicious intent.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I have made some tweaks so you shouldnt get challeneged as often on the captcha.

Whatever you doing keep doing it. Running good right now. Just in last few minutes. Thanks

WTF,now I see T&B post that not so good.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I use to touch my App and BNAG…site opens. NOW I dread opening it knowing I have to click on trucks for 2 pages then see a Oops Page then click the drop down menu, etc.
FML 🖕🏼😡🖕🏼

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I would be willing to wager this is the latest development out of our very own P&G section. Nobody would go through this kinda trouble for a boating website.

Recently you have been willing to set up a monthly pay situation for adult content. That’s fine. Now consider monthly pay for the P&G. Invite all who have been permanently banned over the years back to RDP P&G. With the moderate moderating LOF seems willing to handle could be a sure thing. Let the P&G roll.If ever a free flow forum needed it is now. Other than that probably best for you to dump P&G and stick with the content you enjoy running. The recent Cheetah thread was awesome and incredible boost for those guys at Cheetah.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm calling it....some one isn't happy that our child molesting president gets called out...this site must be crucial to his "re-election" to require this level of disruption. Let's just all publicly state we love chief snifakid and things can get back to normal.. :rolleyes: 🤣 🖕 Joe

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Captcha is like mandatory vaccines for this place. RD be going Joe Biden on us.........are we gonna take this shit? 😂😂

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Captcha is like mandatory vaccines for this place. RD be going Joe Biden on us.........are we gonna take this shit? 😂😂
Come on man, we're all in this together.

It's for your own good.

Even if it's not protecting you, it's protecting your neighborhood.

Think about all the compromised individual computers and firewalls

It's just for 2 weeks to slow the spread of the computer virus

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Come on man, we're all in this together.

It's for your own good.

Even if it's not protecting you, it's protecting your neighborhood.

Think about all the compromised individual computers and firewalls

It's just for 2 weeks to slow the spread of the computer virus
What if I wanna raw dog this bitch and don't wanna use a condom? 😂😂
Just busting balls man😁

traquer

Reaction score
I'm calling it....some one isn't happy that our child molesting president gets called out...this site must be crucial to his "re-election" to require this level of disruption. Let's just all publicly state we love chief snifakid and things can get back to normal.. :rolleyes: 🤣 🖕 Joe
You may be on to something, there is definitely an industry for this sort of thing. Hope it's not the case

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Yes, it depends on where it is, costs are different in different areas of the world. The hardware doing this could be in a shed in Bangladesh wired to some building and bought for pennies on the dollar. My past company sold off lease out of warranty gear all over the world. A 3 year old $60K server was under $10K.

That scenario is kind of hyperbole, but it happens constantly.
Do you think there's any way this could help end the chip shortage? 🤔

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Do you think there's any way this could help end the chip shortage? 🤔

I don’t think so, radically different chips.

The chip shortage is more commodity type chips.. they are in trucks, air conditioners, coffee makers.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
This is unbelievable.. someone is actually spending a lot of money to fuck with RDP..

I'm going to give you three guesses as to who it is and the first two don't count.

Some asshole leftist with some computer connections. I can appreciate that being that this website it pretty conservative.. but I hope they know that it isn't just me or the membership they are messing with, but rather a lot of businesses and employees that are supported by this community.

Fhucked up situation.
Could it be they found yore post from several months back calling out BIM & ANt1FA, you even posted your cell number?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..... Not sure why this place would be put on the political sphere, pretty sure there are other sites that have more of that and to be honest didn't really think RD was a place to voice your political views endlessly, but there is some but I would think its in the 10% of all the forums out there in the world.

Its just unfathomable for me to think that someone would spend money (a lot of it from what people are saying) to handicap a site with no real return. IDK, maybe i'm still missing something..

Don’t underestimate the collective butthurt of any leftist political affiliation. They have money behind them and no moral compass.
Have you not seen what they are capable of over the past year?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It isn't that kid that invited the BLM for a rally in LHC is it?

Someone is spending 2,000.00 an hour to run these attacks.. I don’t think it’s the kid that works at Starbucks on the north side.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I use to touch my App and BNAG…site opens. NOW I dread opening it knowing I have to click on trucks for 2 pages then see a Oops Page then click the drop down menu, etc.
FML 🖕🏼😡🖕🏼

As the title of the thread says.. we are working on it. Until I can get something permanent setup (which is going to cost an ungodly amount of money) my choice is clicking on trucks or no site..

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
As the title of the thread says.. we are working on it. Until I can get something permanent setup (which is going to cost an ungodly amount of money) my choice is clicking on trucks or no site..
… it’s kind of taking us all back to the early days of the Internet…a matter of a few steps to get us there…

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

IRC channels...

Man, you just gave away your age!!! 😂 😁

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Someone is spending 2,000.00 an hour to run these attacks.. I don’t think it’s the kid that works at Starbucks on the north side.

So what demands have they made? Most DDOS attacks come with a ransom demand to stop the activity.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So who is it?
I bet they reached out to soros and said you can impact 20k right wingers with just a few clicks.
My bet is soros is funding it