WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We Finally got to bring home our "new" family cruiser! River week '16

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Just after Memorial Day, we finished the deal on our "New to us" Family cruiser. After a bunch of pics, and a Barrett inspection, the deal was done and we had our new ride.... in Havasu. (We live in SE NM) Since AJ had it, and I couldn't get right out to get it, I figured why not get some things done in the mean time! So first Barrett did a full complete service, replaced the things that were needing it or even close for a 12yr old boat. Then over to Adrenaline for full trailer service, and new tires, and whatever else it needed. Next, after finally getting time himself, and getting it into their schedule it went to Elsinore to 13th Floor for a tower. -I know, wanna be rollbar boat. But the kids are going to want it, and I actually like the look of the boat with it. It got back to Havasu "rollbar'd out" and unfortunately the couple of places we tried to get it into just couldn't get it and done before we were to get there with the delay on the tower. But it did go back to Adrenaline for a detail so it looked it's best the first time we got to see it in person.

So Friday the 5th, we got to Barrett to pick it up, I finally got to meet AJ in person, but just as important see our new ride! After collecting all the other stuff I had sent to AJ's shop -(he's gotta believe I'm nuts now) and hooking up we were off! We were fortunate enough to stay at this Sweet pad in Needles up by Willow Valley. We stopped off at Wallymart to stock up for the week, filled up with fuel and headed for the house. By the time we got settled in it was dark and didn't want to try to launch this boat for the first time in the dark. Saturday morning we got up and rolling, and if you're up that way you know, the water was LOW. So we waited a bit to run down to Jack Smith to launch- Very excited! :party2: Got the boat in the water, and headed up river toward the house- happier than a pig in shit! Everything was great! Until a couple minutes in when it felt like it ran outa gas. :smackhead -Nope, I had filled it up. After a REALLY NICE crew in a Beautiful Hallett :bowdown: came to my rescue and brought me back to the marina, it was back on the trailer and headed back to Barrett.

When we dropped it off, we figured we might as well pick up a Lilly pad since the inflatable Amazon version suffered a quick fate earlier in the day and the kids would need to stay occupied. Sunday morning AJ called and said he just crossed the 40, meet him at Jack Smith. We got there, launch paid -(thanks AJ):D He headed off and we dropped it back in the water. Again headed for the house. What a great feeling! Everything working, rocking some tunes (at least it had a decent stereo to begin with) and enjoying the first ride up river. :cool With the house just around the bend BEEEEEP!!!! Shit! now what? It's not shallow, I just passed that. It's not hot... Crap no Charge!! Some time shortly after my happy launch, the alternator shit the bed, and between my rocking out and playing with the trim a little.. ok a lot I was under 10 volts. I made it to the house and docked it, the Kids were SO excited! Until I told them I broke the new boat :grumble: My buddy made it back with the trailer and I told him we were going to have to get it loaded at the house somehow - maybe we could get it loaded on the neighbors ramp since it's longer. "No can do" he says. "I lost one of the bunks somewhere, and 2 are in your suburban!" :smackhead Gotta Love River Road. Well, can't load a boat on a bad trailer. So I called my Ol Buddy Sean aka BunkRepair who came to the rescue! Then called AJ about the alternator after I checked to be mostly sure that was the problem. Sean was going to pickup the trailer and knocked it out, then drop it Barrett so AJ could come get the boat, fix the alternator and squash any more bugs once and for all! With such Awesome service, and willingness to "handle it" from AJ, we loaded in to Sub and headed for Topock for a little change of scenery, and some lunch. Plus this fat kid needed his Thrifty fix!

Monday after talking to AJ who wasn't sure what time he could have the boat back, we decided to head for Pirate's and rent something to get us on the water since it was the last day my buddy and his kids were there with us. While I was talking with AJ, I asked him about "sissy bars" for my trailer since it has the sockets for them and loading the new boat in current is a little tougher than the old one. After a thorough teasing, he says "ya, I can get it down to Adrenaline while I'm finding your parts"
We rented a little gem of a 190 Chaparral for the day, ran into the gorge a ways, beached a little while, then headed back and did a Bunch of tubing with the kids. About 5:30 AJ texted me "Havasu is a rough bitch today, but everything works great and it runs perfect, boat is at the house" :thumbsup:thumbsup So we drop the little fun boat off and head back to the house. The water was high enough then to launch at the house, so we ordered pizza and tubed a little then had a pizza party on the boat- all was right with my world :thumbsup

Tuesday it was down to just our family. After breakfast we loaded up for the day and headed out. Since we are right on "wakeboard alley" what better place to start Troost Ski School for the kids :cool Mamma went first to show them how its done, and like usual popped right up. Daughter Adalyn (9) went first after mom's example and just like mom, popped right up too. My oldest son Carson (11) was next and had it figured out by his second try! Peyton (6) went last, and with a little help from mom in the water, was up on the second pull- mostly. He stood up, but said it felt weird so he squatted down with his butt just off the water. :rolleyes I was Very proud! Since we never put the last boat in the water last year it had been 2 years since they were on "the Duck" platform. I was proud for their first run on real skiis! :thumbsup
We headed up to Pirate's for lunch, and to hang out a bit. We got to see Sirbob's Beautiful ride in person- So Bitchin! After a Dutchman and lunch we beached for a bit to hang out, then headed back home to tube and knee board before dinner. The Neighbor girls cam over and hung out with the kids so the Wife and I could have a little "date night" in Laughlin :boobeyes:

Wednesday was more hanging out, messing around, skiing, knee boarding and tubing. With S'mores on the sand at the house while we watched some Olympics down by the tiki hut.

Thursday was our last day on the water before it was time to pack up and head home on Friday. I asked the kids what they wanted to do and they wanted a Topock Ice-cream (which you cant get on a weekday:grumble:) and to see if our "favorite beach" was open in the gorge. So off we went, Mom packed lunch, I packed drinks :drink and we were off. Everyone skied and boarded a little on the way, and we just cruised and floated down to the gorge. Our favorite place, just around the first bend was vacant! :thumbsup:thumbsup We slid in and hung out for quite a while, I don't know why but I Love this spot! We left our temporary mark before heading home after another Great day!

A Huge Thanks to AJ for going out of his way to accommodate and take care of us. You are VERY appreciated! To Sean aka BunkRepair for taking care of us. Adrenaline for all their work and knocking out a set of "sissy bars" in a day! Also Thanks to Jen at Maxxed Out for taking care of my paper work! And Thanks to Great friends who let you squat at their house for the week! Thank You all :bowdown::bowdown:
Now for pics!
1.jpg
The Kids Were SO Excited to see the new boat!

3.jpg
Need a little help from Buddy Sean!

4.jpg
Kiddos playing on the Lilly and trampoline

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Our Big Asses at Topock

9.jpg
Our Rental Ride

10.jpg

11.jpg
Pizza on the River

14.jpg
Our Favorite Dutchman

16.jpg
17.jpg
A few Shenanagins on the dock

18.jpg
2nd DCM sighting in a week! that's a good week!

Next Post- Sorry that went long.....

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
is that a fifth shirt? lol

Let me get all my invoices together- This was a GREAT trip, but not a cheap trip. Like I told AJ - "thanks for advertising on RDP" :D:D:D:D:D

Or just send me some cornhole boards and we'll call it even? :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let me get all my invoices together- This was a GREAT trip, but not a cheap trip. Like I told AJ - "thanks for advertising on RDP" :D:D:D:D:D

Or just send me some cornhole boards and we'll call it even? :D

It's kinda getting to that point isn't it? LOL

Are you still out here? I got a set of Cornhole's you can pick up if we can call it even on shirts until Laborday. :D

RD

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Dude you have some serious patience! Nice right up on the vacation and great job getting the kids on the water.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
It's kinda getting to that point isn't it? LOL

Are you still out here? I got a set of Cornhole's you can pick up if we can call it even on shirts until Laborday. :D

RD
I wish! We got home Sat., back to life on the farm.
UPS, FedEx, and USPS show up all the time here, I bet they'll help us out. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wish! We got home Sat., back to life on the farm.
UPS, FedEx, and USPS show up all the time here, I bet they'll help us out. :D

I'm not shipping that shit.. lol. they are huge!

Boat211

Reaction score
That's our favorite beach as well. Sounds like a great trip after you worked out a couple bugs.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Good looking fam.......Team Toehead. :D:thumbsup

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Great story and nice that it all turned out well.
AJ is a heck of a guy, he saved a poker run week for me once.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
AJ is a great guy. We were at Jack Smith launching when he was delivering the boat to you.

kiethco

Reaction score
Best posting in a long time right there! It even had boat stuff in it! Great pics, we miss those days when they were small.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
2nd DCM sighting in a week! that's a good week!

Stalker?
LOL nope. Got an up close look at the Jewel in AJ's store front too. I really dig these boats. We met you guys years back in Parker at fox's. Classic, timeless boats! :thumbsup