WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We have a bun in the oven

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Well, Mrs Pronstar does.

Stetson Ray is due in late February.

It’s sorta terrifying, I’ll be 50 in January (Mrs Pronstar is far younger [emoji4]).

Didn’t want to post earlier since we’re high risk. Went the in vitro route due to some complications.

It’s been quite an emotional whirlwind. But I’m happy to say that we’ve passed the 6 month mark and everything is going great.

Never wanted to raise a family in LA, but things are much more conducive to raising one in in Texas.

Any “I waited until late in life to have kids” advise is definitely welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Congrats buddy. Wow, I thought I got a late start at 38. One thing that I can say to those that get a late start is that I don't think that you ever realize your full potential as a human being until you have kids. It's a roller coaster but what a great ride. 👍

pronstar

Reaction score
Here’s the first pic LOL

628CAC7E-8B64-4845-9B00-71B9D8D7C5CD.jpeg

At every ultrasound, the techs comment how well-hung he is. I’m half Asian and am wondering if I’m the real father [emoji1787][emoji24]

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Congratulations!

You have one hard part down. The name haha. When our son was born a few years ago we had to flip a coin.

We are due May 1st with a little girl.

pronstar

Reaction score
Mom is doing awesome, and this cat knows something is in there because he wants to do is lay on her bump [emoji4]

She says if the baby is kicking, he quickly calms down when the cat snuggles up to it.

IMG_5379.JPG

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Hey, that's awesome news. Don't let her change the cat litter any more. As I recall, something in that stuff is bad for pregnancies.

My folks were in their late forties when I came along. Certainly not as active as other parents and families, but you guys don't act your age. LOL

Meaney77

Reaction score
Congrats!! Welcome to an entirely new world and a new world of worrying about things you never used to think twice about!!

I started later too, I was 38 when we had my 1st daughter and wouldn't change a thing!

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Congrats!
I don't have any specific advise for you related to your age, I don't think it matters as much as people think it does, other than you need your ducks in a row with trusts, etc. a little sooner perhaps. You will be fine, enjoy the experience, take lots of pics.
The arrival of grandkids were my motivation for digging into our genealogy. I figured I owed as much of that to them as possible, wish I had done it when the boys were young. Family history gets them connected, helps everyone get a sense of where we came from. You have that opportunity. Do what you can to prepare to give him a facts based education, you'll have to get creative to do that. I found encyclopedia sets from the early 60's through 80's are a great and relatively cheap investment in the unvarnished (or at least less varnished) truth, which seems to be in short supply these days.
Get him into reading early. Read to him and teach him to read and let him see you reading, both for recreation and as a source of information. Books were the keys to the world when I was young, and I bought a bunch of them. Reading a book is becoming lost art.
Introduce him to that art when he is young.

Our first grandchild, (we now have two boys and two girls) was a girl, and she is now knocking on 13. I can tell you, after raising two sons, that the female child is almost an entirely different species. Be thankful it's a boy, LOL. I could use a well placed boot to the hindquarters with the boys, and the liberal application of profanity and threats of bodily harm kept them in line while they were growing up.
None of that stuff works with girls.
I love that girl more than my life, but as far as knowing what makes her tick, I have been zero help to her father (my son). None of what works with boys works with girls. Ya gotta love them hard. I always told my wife I wanted a girl when we were, "trying" fer kids....nowadays, I am thinking we got what I could handle, LOL.

Make dang sure you are thee when he arrives. Of all the experiences I have ahd in my life nothing compares to witnessing the arrival of my sons into this world. It is such an affirmation of life, such a clear display of innocence, and, for me anyway, proof that God Almighty is in control. Ya don't want to miss it. You will never forget the first time you see him, and the first time you hold him and look into his eyes. Right away the load of responsibilty enters your conscious, and it never leaves...but it is tempered with an almost overwhelming sense of love, and the feeling that you have been given the greatest gift a man or woman can receive.
It is amazing. Buckle your set belt. The ride is life changing.

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Well, Mrs Pronstar does.

Stetson Ray is due in late February.

It’s sorta terrifying, I’ll be 50 in January (Mrs Pronstar is far younger [emoji4]).

Didn’t want to post earlier since we’re high risk. Went the in vitro route due to some complications.

It’s been quite an emotional whirlwind. But I’m happy to say that we’ve passed the 6 month mark and everything is going great.

Never wanted to raise a family in LA, but things are much more conducive to raising one in in Texas.

Any “I waited until late in life to have kids” advise is definitely welcome!

What Asesome news!!

Don’t be scared by being 50. My dad was 50 when my little sister came along. His wife and mine were prego at the same time!
Sort of strange, my oldest daughter has an aunt younger than her, lol.
You (in theory, lol) will have much more wisdom to share and patience no young guy has.

Before you know it you too will be taking the kid for a ride on the Harley too. And actually have the time to go to the school and watch the play, the soccer game, etc.
Don’t be terrified. You’re about to receive one of life’s greatest gifts.

pronstar

Reaction score
Hey, that's awesome news. Don't let her change the cat litter any more. As I recall, something in that stuff is bad for pregnancies.

My folks were in their late forties when I came along. Certainly not as active as other parents and families, but you guys don't act your age. LOL

Yeah I’ve been doing it for the last 6 months and I swear these cats shit like 5x / day [emoji53]

pronstar

Reaction score
All of this has really supercharged my desire to get financially independent.

I left corporate a few years ago and and it’s the best decision I could have made.

But Mrs Pronstar works 10+ hours per day, often 6 days per week...she’s killing it here and is making bank as a Director of Project Management. Basic su making the same money I was making when I was in corporate and I couldn’t be more proud of what she’s accomplished.

Once I scale up enough, I’ll bring her into the business and she can leave corporate.

We want to be those parents who are there to raise our kid.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Congrats Pron! Wishing your family health and happiness!

PaPaG

Reaction score
Congrats......now you have another reason to stay as healthy as you possibly can.

wallnutz

Reaction score
HAHAHA don't let it get away😂 Congrats. You will truly be the kids oldman.

My advise, enjoy every single minute of being a father, it goes by fast.

pronstar

Reaction score
HAHAHA don't let it get away[emoji23] Congrats. You will truly be the kids oldman.

View attachment 944222

At least us Asian look young [emoji4]
We’ll see how I age in the coming years...I might look grandpa hanging out with his grandson LOL

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Congrats, Had my daughter at around 48, Son at 53 Did pretty much everthing parents do with kids, Never have had any regrets in some ways your more settled and have done a ton of the things you might have to cut back on for kids. Oh and my wife is about 15 years my junior, But we both worked and still spent a ton of time with the kids, I retired when kids were still in school and wife continued to work, so I was able to run kids to school dr. ect worked well for us and Iam sure it will for you folks Enjoy. old saw but it does go by so fast. Everyones personal choice but no kids for me would be a huge hole in my life

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
HAHAHA don't let it get away😂 Congrats. You will truly be the kids oldman.

View attachment 944222

Ya beat me to it...

Make the most of every second of your time with your kid. When they bring stuff home from school, act like it's the most Awesome thing you've Ever seen!

Keep em busy. No electronics. Sports, music, any activities they have at school, go all in with that stuff! It will be over you know it. Both of my kids are in college now. The whole thing went by in a blink.

But for now...

Enjoy your sleep! You can kiss that goodbye for a very long time! 😁

Congrats Rob! 👍

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Congrats!

Being a father is way more of a treat than i ever expected. Logan will be 12 in February and he's an absolute blast.

Get them outside, take them on adventures and teach them how to work with there hands and be creative.

Pertinence and consistency from both parents is the key. Don't scream or yell and eliminate "no" or "i can't" from there vocabulary....Regardless if they like something make them always try it at least once.

Enjoy every minute!

Oh yeah the 1st year is horrible...hahaha

Tank

Reaction score
Stetson!? That's awesome! Love unique names.

Congrats!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I didn't wait till 50, but I was almost 40 when my youngest was born. The biggest "downside" is retirement won't happen till she's out of college, so I'm working till my mid-60's one way or the other.

Kids keep you young, enjoy the ride.

RichL

Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your wife. Let the journey begin.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Congrats!! Enjoy every minute, Something fun a friend did was create a email address now and send pictures and milestone comments for the new arrival, We don't print pictures and they get lost in the Cloud.... So when he is older he can look back at the emails and have a amazing memory book. Enjoy every minute!!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Dude, that’s so awesome! Congrats. Buckle up for a great adventure. Glad to hear the wifey is doing great. You guys will make awesome parents.