WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We have a bun in the oven

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations to you both!!!! How exciting!

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Congrats to you both. I also am digging them name. I'm sure your wife has it together like you, so I'm sure you'll both be great parents. Like I always say though, don't blink.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Congrats, nothing like watching your son grow up and conquer new things.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Congrats man....but holy shit Gpa, I mean Dad......Im your age and can't wait to get these lil fuckers out...😂😂😂😂
You're brave bro....😉

riverroyal

Reaction score
congrats. Good news is you won't age any more
You wont have time for that

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
With all the Mini Coopers you have posted here, I thought for sure you were gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Seriously, congrats!!

JD D05

Reaction score
Congratulations! My boy came last of 3 at 34. Boys are really great especially for the Dad. I am also older and noticed the little things more. But I also knew I needed to get serious about health. You're in a good spot.

Last edited:

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Well, Mrs Pronstar does.

Stetson Ray is due in late February.

It’s sorta terrifying, I’ll be 50 in January (Mrs Pronstar is far younger [emoji4]).

Didn’t want to post earlier since we’re high risk. Went the in vitro route due to some complications.

It’s been quite an emotional whirlwind. But I’m happy to say that we’ve passed the 6 month mark and everything is going great.

Never wanted to raise a family in LA, but things are much more conducive to raising one in in Texas.

Any “I waited until late in life to have kids” advise is definitely welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Congrats!

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Congrats!

Here's my 1 month old Jason. My wife tested positive for covid upon admission into hospital so we were quarantined to the room. (We had covid back in July, and apparently still testing positive 3 months later. Good times 👍

20201114_143804.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
Congrats, wow! Like others, I was 38 and I worked out of a home office, so I was able to be the "stay at home dad."

It changes you, be prepared to become a softy! Those hard-ass, no compassion days are over. If you're going to evict people - you better do it now, lol!

Rock on Pron!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
enjoy all the "moments" just remember to ask for help when you need it! dont forget to take time for yourself too

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You guys are rad.

I showed this thread to my wife, and she said “I wish all of my friends were as supportive and positive” [emoji106]

She had some shitty folks on social media chiming in “you’re too old” or “you don’t know what you’re getting into please reconsider bringing a baby into this world” and it sucks. One more reason why I’m not on social media anymore.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Congrats. Mine will be out of the house before I’m 50.

Get sleep while ya can!

pronstar

Reaction score
Update: we’re on baby watch. If Stetson doesn’t pop out soon, they’re going to induce on Thursday.

So one way or another, I’ll be a dad by the end of the week [emoji106][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Update: we’re on baby watch. If Stetson doesn’t pop out soon, they’re going to induce on Thursday.

So one way or another, I’ll be a dad by the end of the week [emoji106][emoji16]

So awesome bro! Ill be joing you in the "Older Dad Club" this September :) I am 47. Can't wait! Lets share stories, lol.......

pronstar

Reaction score
Holy shit...doc just said her water is low, they’re gonna induce today [emoji50][emoji15]

Taking her straight to the birth center at Baylor now. We thought this would be just a last-minute check in, we didn’t even bring our bags.

This is gonna be fun..

dspracing

Reaction score
Those little suckers always decide to pop out when you aren't ready.

My wife's water broke on day one of her maternity leave. To say we were unprepared would be an understatement.

Good luck and stay strong!

Bails

Reaction score
Congrats!!!! I'm turning 50 and my son is turning 6 next month. There is mostly good and only a little bad with being and older parent. I'm more worried about injury than anything else. Last Sunday the boy and I got into an argument about who was the fastest runner, so of course we ended up in the front yard sprinting. This was followed by stake board racing. I see a pulled hamstring and a broken wrist in my future. :)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Positive vibes sent for Mrs Pron, Stetson and you! Modern medicine is pretty damn good at this point, I am sure everything is going to be just fine!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Not often you can say today is literally a life changing moment. Good luck and congrats!

pronstar

Reaction score
Those little suckers always decide to pop out when you aren't ready.

My wife's water broke on day one of her maternity leave. To say we were unprepared would be an understatement.

Good luck and stay strong!

Too funny...today is her second day of maternity leave

rrrr

Reaction score
Holy shit...doc just said her water is low, they’re gonna induce today [emoji50][emoji15]

Taking her straight to the birth center at Baylor now. We thought this would be just a last-minute check in, we didn’t even bring our bags.

This is gonna be fun..

And just like that, life changed! 😁

Enjoy the experience, it's quite a miracle to see your baby take its first breath.

TrollerDave

Reaction score

This is gonna be fun..

Our first kid was similar. 3 weeks before due date go in for a check up on Friday. After ultra sound, doctor comes in “ The fluid is low , so we are going to induce. They’ll call me when you get to the hospital”. Both my wife and I were just awe struck. My wife kept saying “But we were going to go to lunch”😆
My advise, enjoy every minute. I remember thinking, once they’re sleeping through the night, once they’re off the bottle, once they’re out of diapers. It goes by quick. Enjoy each stage and film it. We all like to go back and watch videos from when they were little. They only get more expensive as they get older. 😀 And most importantly, stay in shape.
Congrats and good luck.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Early congratulations to all three of you. Hang tight and enjoy him, it goes by in a flash.

attitude

Reaction score
Congratulations! When my son was born he didn’t want to pop out either, we had to walk circles around the hospital floor all day lol

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Congrats ! Mom had me at 47 back in 1969 (which was sort of unheard of back then). She waterski'd till she was 7 months pregnant . . . guess that's why I love the water !!!
I have 2 - older sisters 12 and 14 years older, worked out well for babysitting for Mom & Dad lol. Growing up they were more like Aunts than Sisters . . . plus when they split to college, I had the house to myself !!! LOL
Then Dad sold the ski boat and bought a fishing boat for He and his new new 'fishing buddy' ! So it worked out great !
Congrats again !

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Early hellos for Pronstar Jr.
Im your age, but my boy is 10 (born same day as Riverdave’s first). My suggestion in DFW is find a good private school, communicate with them years early so you don’t miss out on what you want. I’m in Lake Highlands area which is great, but our home public school, literally in my backyard, sucks, so all the neighborhood kids are in private school, waiting lists are common. We started our boy at preK3 (they start with 2 year olds there) with the school he’s in, no regrets.

If you happen to need anything, feel free to ask. I’m in Oak Cliff a couple times a week and I think your in Duncanville.

Congrats and Happy birthday to your first.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Stetson has really lucked out.Well Done. No doubt you will be Stetson best friend Robert.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Excited for both of you... Let the whirlwind commence!

Nothing has ever equaled the births of my children.

And happy birthday to Stetson!

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the newest boater. Don’t blink, he‘ll be starting college. Congratulations!!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
My folks were 45 when I showed up. It wasn't easy for them, but 50 sure isn't old like it used to be. You'll have a blast. If they kid wakes up at night, you will probably have to get up and pee anyway!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Yeah, love baby news, can't wait for pics of Stetson!! Good luck!!

JBS

Reaction score
Congrats you two soon to be 3.

You know my story. Had my last at 52. It keeps you going [emoji3]

Singleton

Reaction score
Hope all goes well and mom and baby are doing good.

The days are long, but the years are fast. Best years of my life started with my daughters birth.