WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We have a lot of experts here!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think a the end of the day, nobody here are difference makers in this thing or experts with what's going on. If you were you would not be posting here.

We all have our own opinions. I agree mostly with what our government is doing. If you don't fine, make your voice heard in November. Do your thing and good luck to you.

If you think this is all made up and unnecessary then you disagree with the majority of the worlds leaders and developed countries.

I think it goes without saying if you disagreed with the majority of intelligent people, there might be a good chance that you are wrong and not as smart as you think. Ignorance is bliss and is usually in ready supply.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Listen, here's the thing. If you can't determine who's the sucker in the first 5 minutes of reading this thread, then you are the sucker.

bripar77

Reaction score
I don't have time to read all this but the same people complaining about the Actions being taken to prevent the spread
of the Virus would be the ones complaining and blaming the government and anybody else if the Virus spreads and starts killing people
you know or are related to. We would then here from them saying the Government didn't do enough. After reading everything you can on this Virus nobody
knows for sure much about this Virus. When you don't know what is wrong with your boat engine do you keep pushing it or do you
slow down and don't push and wait until you know what is wrong and then fix it?

PlanB

Reaction score
The President and Vice President who is leading this task force is up there every day telling us to adhere to the economic lock down.

All our analysis is not going to change what the leadership at the top is doing right now. They have made that decision for us.

Whether one agrees with the government’s choice to lock us down or not, everyone gets a vote come November and should vote accordingly.

Are you really going to pull the lever for Biden?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I personaly find it interesting the different views of the members here...the truth of maters lye in the future.....all we have is predictions...of coarse everyone thinks what they think is right...I run with scissors...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I don't have time to read all this but the same people complaining about the Actions being taken to prevent the spread
of the Virus would be the ones complaining and blaming the government and anybody else if the Virus spreads and starts killing people
you know or are related to. We would then here from them saying the Government didn't do enough. After reading everything you can on this Virus nobody
knows for sure much about this Virus. When you don't know what is wrong with your boat engine do you keep pushing it or do you
LMAO....typical... you don't have time to read what we're talking about... but......LOL

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Cool, so the people that lose their house, car and boats due to the massive recession caused by the govt massively over reacting but who were supporting this massive over reaction based on dubious data can’t complain either, right?

Choose your poison

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Nothing positive about this thread........this pandemic is going to alter the dynamics of many relationships, pretty much as the last few elections have.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Nothing positive about this thread........this pandemic is going to alter the dynamics of many relationships, pretty much as the last few elections have.
Yup,
Reminds me of the scene in the movie Stripes.. Lighten up Francis.. LOL :p

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Yeah, it makes my Fucking case!
My case was, that people here have been quick to criticize the measures we’ve been asked to take.
the DR said if we do it right, people will think we overreacted. So bringing annual flu numbers into the argument makes my case.

What research about you am I supposed to be doing?

No research needed. Here's my guesses about you:
Let me guess: You still have your job - you haven't been laid off.
Guess #2: You didn't have your pay cut either.
Guess #3: You have a house with internet and you can work from home.
Guess #4: You're not poor or lower middle class nor does your job involve the restaurant or hospitality industries. Or personal care (haircutting, nail salon, etc.) because those are the people that don't have a nice house, have a job right now and they're waiting on a check that won't likely get to them for weeks. And when they get it it will be already spent long ago.

bripar77

Reaction score
LMAO....typical... you don't have time to read what we're talking about... but......LOL
Not enough time to read all of this because I am working my ass off trying to limit the chance of
exposure to the Virus for our 250 employees
and to make sure we get them paid when they are home because of a Quarantine and or
closed project and or being sick. It is fast a furious with all the changes that come out of the CDC , State, County
and Congress to keep up and be sure we are on top of this all and to decide what is best for our employees
safety and what will keep the business operating. Let alone cover the costs for all the BS related to working
on Jobsites with the requirements of all these entities. Crazy times.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not enough time to read all of this because I am working my ass off trying to limit the chance of
and to make sure we get them paid when they are home because of a Quarantine and or
closed project and or being sick. It is fast a furious with all the changes that come out of the CDC , State, County
and Congress to keep up and be sure we are on top of this all and to decide what is best for our employees
safety and what will keep the business operating. Let alone cover the costs for all the BS related to working
I didn't have time to read all this.... but , for you I did....hope things get better soon...

WhatExit?

Reaction score

it sounds like you're taking care of your employees - good for you and them - I wish you all well

nowski

Reaction score
This thread needs to be revitalized. Two cups of coffee this morning and I'm not going to let them go to waste.

Who knows more about medicine, pandemics, economics, politics, and the Clinton's. Well two out of five aren't bad...

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Guess #4: You're not poor or lower middle class nor does your job involve the restaurant or hospitality industries. Or personal care (haircutting, nail salon, etc.) because those are the people that don't have a nice house, have a job right now and they're waiting on a check that won't likely get to them for weeks. And when they get it it will be already spent long ago.

OR?

They have Two Newer Car payments

A Newer Boat Payment

An ATV, R-V or Other Toy payment/payments

Or a host of other things to pay on instead of living a Tad more modestly AND putting away for a deal just like this?

Just thinking out loud.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I happen to know you are actually pretty much wrong on all those guesses.
Enjoy your walk up the next place you go with 80 floors.

brgrcru

Reaction score
well I am not an expert at nothing.
if I had , been an expert.
I would of never owned jet boats.

I know our business, (8 lane bowling center) specializing in events. is the one thing. (social distancing ,no gathering of crowds.) that the so called experts. are rallying against.

sharing a fun venue for parties and events.
high fives , getting together with family and friends. having a beer, bowling, food, talking, yelling , dancing and enjoying life.
no i cant survive. being closed for more then a year. let alone 6 months.
that's the reality . from my dumbass very modest life .

grumpy88

Reaction score
Actually you are way off on this one ! Not even close to the truth . I think this is one of those things that might have not come across well in text . Kind of mob mentality .

grumpy88

Reaction score
OR?

They have Two Newer Car payments

A Newer Boat Payment

An ATV, R-V or Other Toy payment/payments

Or a host of other things to pay on instead of living a Tad more modestly AND putting away for a deal just like this?

Just thinking out loud.
You too are completely wrong !

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I happen to know you are actually pretty much wrong on all those guesses.
Enjoy your walk up the next place you go with 80 floors.

Actually you are way off on this one ! Not even close to the truth . I think this is one of those things that might have not come across well in text . Kind of mob mentality .

You guys appear to be missing the point.

Riley said, "people here have been quick to criticize the measures we’ve been asked to take."

And my point was his perspective is probably based on him:
* Still having his job; not being laid off
* Not having to take a pay cut
* Having a house with internet and he can work from home
* Not being poor or having a job that involves coming into close contact with people

How people respond to the BS the government is doing to us is all based on one's perspective (SITUATION)

There aren't many (any?) posts on RDP about people losing their jobs or taking pay cuts. Maybe that's a good sign for everyone here but I know many who are in a tough situation now and it's only getting worse by the day.

grumpy88

Reaction score

Riley said, "people here have been quick to criticize the measures we’ve been asked to take."

* Not being poor or having a job that involves coming into close contact with people

How people respond to the BS the government is doing to us is all based on one's perspective (SITUATION)

There aren't many (any?) posts on RDP about people losing their jobs or taking pay cuts. Maybe that's a good sign for everyone here but I know many who are in a tough situation now and it's only getting worse by the day.
I really don't care about any of the post . I'm just saying what you posted about what you" think " his situation is way off . He is my friend and I'm just saying your way off on his situation . That is all

wallnutz

Reaction score
BFE2FF17-50D8-4F2B-AE88-65CA32BABF32.jpeg

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
You m

You mean the 13.6 million now without paychecks? And likely growing to over 30 million? That, is how an economy is fucked. Plain and simple.

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
Think about how many people died in the last century. So many millions, it's very hard to imagine. For whatever reason, this has been blown TOTALLY out of proportion, and the economic effects will wipe out more quality of any life than any natural disaster that man has seen in human existance, so you have to ask yourself " do I feel lucky ", well do you punk... Oh fuck, dement----- is a BAD thing... Okay, just a poorly expressed philosophy...Sorry- my bad !!!!:cool::cool:

brgrcru

Reaction score

I'll be the first to admit . I'm losing my ass,I have had over 120 event cancellations. And counting . I lost 3 weeks in March , the entire month of April and May. Now June events are starting to cancel . From wedding rehearsal dinners to company events, To birthday parties. Church groups ,school grad events and any way you can celebrate and party ,
Now I have given back , over 30k in depoists. For those events . I'm probably out close to 60 k in the last 4 weeks . With refunds and no events.
No events , means the other 1/2 of Bill , is not paid , plus no food sales , no beverage and beer sales.

I'll be lucky to make it out of this .
With out losing everything .
2009 was a slow down , 2020 the spigot , has been turned off .
It's life and I'll deal with it . Don't need any sympathy . Don't want any .
Just saying , I'm no baller, had a great business that provided for my family . No new cars, small house , small little Rv , and a couple boats that were paid for years ago.
We had plenty of money saved , so I can go about 5/6 months . But I'll never make that lost money back .

I'll survive, as I always have . been working at my sons machine shop. 3 days a week.
That's my story . This rd inmate , is not very happy , but I go sneak a mountain bike ride in a few days a week.

Last edited:

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit . I'm losing my ass,I have had over 120 event cancellations. And counting . I lost 3 weeks in March , the entire month of April and May. Now June events are starting to cancel . From wedding rehearsal dinners to company events, To birthday parties. Church groups ,school grad events and any way you can celebrate and party ,
Now I have given back , over 30k in depoists. For those events . I'm probably out close to 60 k in the last 4 weeks . With refunds and no events.
No events , means the other 1/2 of Bill , is paid , plus no food sales , no beverage and beer sales.

I'll be lucky to make it out of this .
With out losing everything .
2009 was a slow down , 2020 the spigot , has been turned off .
It's life and I'll deal with it . Don't need any sympathy . Don't want any .
Just saying , I'm no baller, had a great business that provided for my family . No new cars, small house , small little Rv , and a couple boats that were paid for years ago.
We had plenty of money saved , so I can go about 5/6 months . But I'll never make that lost money back .

I'll survive, as I always have . been working at my sons machine shop. 3 days a week.
That's my story . This rd inmate , is not very happy , but I go sneak a mountain bike ride in a few days a week.
OK, sounds like an RDP bowling party or two is in order. Early May!!!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

That depends on what your definition of "POSITIVE" is.

Riley1

Reaction score

I chose to stay home because I felt that’s what my President and governor was asking of me.
I’m taking a huge pay cut by staying home.
I work in “Construction”. No way to work from home.
I’m not poor, I’m not rich.
There is no easy way to avoid contact in my line of work.

It’s a huge sacrifice staying at home while I could be at work, Making money to pay the mortgage.
My whole and only point to this thread was, “If we do it right, people will think we’re over-reacting”, but maybe the over-reaction slowed the spread. We’ll never know.
More of a “food for thought” type of deal.
Nothing more, nothing less.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I chose to stay home because I felt that’s what my President and governor was asking of me.
I’m taking a huge pay cut by staying home.
I work in “Construction”. No way to work from home.
I’m not poor, I’m not rich.
There is no easy way to avoid contact in my line of work.

It’s a huge sacrifice staying at home while I could be at work, Making money to pay the mortgage.
My whole and only point to this thread was, “If we do it right, people will think we’re over-reacting”, but maybe the over-reaction slowed the spread. We’ll never know.
More of a “food for thought” type of deal.
Nothing more, nothing less.
It’s looking more and more like millions of people already have had it and never knew. Based on a recent random anti body study in a German town, 15% had it. Extrapolating in the US means 50 million had it, so death rate is .028%

if the antibody rate is higher in the US and say, 100 million have already had it, the death rate is closer to a tenth of one percent. That would be hundreds of times less deadly than the numbers given at the outset causing the loss of upwards of 15 million jobs.

Your cost/benefit analysis is your own, mine on the other hand is different.

Given these numbers, stopping the economy would be criminal. But it’s just my opinion, based on data that may or may not be correct.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Perspectives on the Pandemic | Professor Knut Wittkowski Update Interview

Professor Knut Wittkowski returns - I posted one of his previous videos earlier in this thread - and talks about how he's been attacked and accused of falsehoods.

This guy knew it then and knows it now! He's a scientist (epidemiologist) using DATA

Perspectives on the Pandemic Episode 5: In this highly-charged follow-up interview, Knut Wittkowski says his initial claim has been vindicated: The lockdowns - always a dubious proposition for a respiratory virus - came too late in the U.S. and elsewhere, and were therefore even worse than useless. By turns emotional and darkly comic, Wittkowski ranges across all the essential topics of the crisis, and gives answers you are unlikely to see in the major media. Not to be missed.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Just saying maybe those predictions are now lower because of actions taken.

If these antibody test end up showing that 15-20 percent of the population already had the virus, as they are showing now in the early stages, then it will prove the opposite. All of the shut downs did little because many more people had the virus than thought, meaning containment was impossible. And the fatality rate is in line with influenza.

Edit: Thread must have been open in an old tab in my phone, looks like it was a couple weeks old, thought it was from today 😉

Last edited:

jet496

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but I can see this is some serious bullshit that our government is doing to businesses. I'm sorry, San Diego has 3000 cases out of millions of people. Everybody should just go to work, be safe, vulnerable people stay home, etc.

I say our government & media have caused this shit & the liberals (why them, I don't know, but it's them) want to keep the country locked down as businesses & people fail. Total B.S.

The social distancing is good, the 14 day quarantine was good, but we Americans just aren't pussies like the rest of the world. Our country was built on bravery, let it continue.

Last edited:

jet496

Reaction score
If these antibody test end up showing that 15-20 percent of the population already had the virus, as they are showing now in the early stages, then it will prove the opposite. All of the shut downs did little because many more people had the virus than thought, meaning containment was impossible. And the fatality rate is in line with influenza
Exactly. How anybody else can interpret this differently is beyond me.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
The politicians keep changing the numbers to fit they're narrative. More cases, less cases, more # of deaths. Wait more cases less percentage of death. Not enough ventilators, too many ventilators no wait not enough test, wait test show too many infected which brings down the death rate #. It's a frickin ping pong match. The sad thing is everyone is watching now because alot of people are home. Anyone who is buying this stuff has serious issues. Anyone buying this shit should curl up in a ball and stay home.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Who know more about medicine/pandemics, economics and politics.

I wonder how many members would have gone to the Philadelphia parade in 1918?
Maybe, just maybe (despite all the selfish assholes who don’t adhere to the restrictions) it’s not a big deal BECAUSE of what we’ve been doing.
I’m so tired of hearing people who can’t afford a month without a paycheck giving economic/pandemic advice
Ok, so a couple of things. First: the supposed experts were fantastically wrong. Second, because of this we now have roughly 30 million people without jobs. Third, we still have politicians unwilling to realize #1 and they also dont care about #2.

I'll say this, I'm an expert at seeing bullshit, and I see it everywhere.

If you are at risk stay away from potential carriers. Wash your hands, dont cough or sneeze near people, and if you feel like you may be a carrier get tested and wear a mask and stay away from people. It aint rocket science people, it it were the experts would have our moon visitors heading to Alpha Century...

jet496

Reaction score
Ok, so a couple of things. First: the supposed experts were fantastically wrong. Second, because of this we now have roughly 30 million people without jobs. Third, we still have politicians unwilling to realize #1 and they also dont care about #2.

I'll say this, I'm an expert at seeing bullshit, and I see it everywhere.

If you are at risk stay away from potential carriers. Wash your hands, dont cough or sneeze near people, and if you feel like you may be a carrier get tested and wear a mask and stay away from people. It aint rocket science people, it it were the experts would have our moon visitors heading to Alpha Century...
Exactly. They need to open up 100% today, not tomorrow, not slowly, but now. This is messed up.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Strange how the shit hits the fan when the government shuts down or even the mere spectre of it is mentioned.
Same government could care less about shutting down the private sector and putting millions out of work. No, they actually double, triple, quadruple down on it and the people sheepishly accept it.
I smell an agenda in this observation.
And it reeks of pure bullshit.
tenor-6.gif