WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We have a lot of experts here!

Riley1

Reaction score
Who know more about medicine/pandemics, economics and politics.

I wonder how many members would have gone to the Philadelphia parade in 1918?
Maybe, just maybe (despite all the selfish assholes who don’t adhere to the restrictions) it’s not a big deal BECAUSE of what we’ve been doing.
I’m so tired of hearing people who can’t afford a month without a paycheck giving economic/pandemic advice

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

Maybe, just maybe (despite all the selfish assholes who don’t adhere to the restrictions) it’s not a big deal BECAUSE of what we’ve been doing.
I’m so tired of hearing people who can’t afford a month without a paycheck giving economic/pandemic advice

I can go for a year or more without working if that makes you feel better. That said...

Nice position the politicians have put themselves in. Forecast the most terrible scenarios to scare people into blind compliance with ridiculous economy-destroying procedures and then when things don’t turn out as bad as initially forecasted, be able to say that it’s because of the ridiculous economy-destroying procedures that were put in place. Not a bad deal for them.

I think what people are getting most tired of is the constant increase in restrictions and removals of freedoms despite what the numbers seem to be indicating. It’s going well beyond common sense.

ekbearly

Reaction score
Since you’re a Fauci fan I’m assuming you believe this draconian broad approach is merely an inconvenience.

It’s already doing more damage to more people relating to life expectancy, stress and overall mental/physical health than the virus would had we quarantined those most vulnerable and let herd immunity, our built in defense system, work.

And I’m doing fine personally with plenty in reserve. I’m more concerned about others who are suffering and being crushed financially.

brgrcru

Reaction score

Glad you trust all the experts . That you are willing to give up your freedom and liberty . Me I don't trust anyone. I am also not willing to give up my freedoms and liberty . a left leaning virus Doctor. Who by all accounts had been way off , on all his models , of deaths .
If you think it's just a month . You better think again , the devastating affects of this virus will have for years to come.

Riley1

Reaction score
I can go for a year or more without working if that makes you feel better. That said...

Nice position the politicians have put themselves in. Forecast the most terrible scenarios to scare people into blind compliance with ridiculous economy-destroying procedures and then when things don’t turn out as bad as initially forecasted, be able to say that it’s because of the ridiculous economy-destroying procedures that were put in place. Not a bad deal for them.

I think what people are getting most tired of is the constant increase in restrictions and removals of freedoms despite what the numbers seem to be indicating. It’s going well beyond common sense.
Still plenty in NYC and other places that think enough hasn’t been done.
I’m just saying that all these keyboard cowboys are going to change their tune when someone they know dies.

NOBODY HERE knows we’re dealing with. The people who do are the ones issuing the orders.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I’m just saying that all these keyboard cowboys are going to change their tune when someone they know dies.

NOBODY HERE knows we’re dealing with. The people who do are the ones issuing the orders.

So you think the supposedly experts on this virus know what they are doing ? Lol

ekbearly

Reaction score

Just wow. Founders are rolling over in their graves.

84654431-8153-481D-9CBD-85222E459A65.jpeg

Riley1

Reaction score
Since you’re a Fauci fan I’m assuming you believe this draconian broad approach is merely an inconvenience.

It’s already doing more damage to more people relating to life expectancy, stress and overall mental/physical health than the virus would had we quarantined those most vulnerable and let herd immunity, our built in defense system, work.

And I’m doing fine personally with plenty in reserve. I’m more concerned about others who are suffering and being crushed financially.
Not a fan.
But I do however trust my president and who he trusts.

Riley1

Reaction score
So you think the supposedly experts on this virus know what they are doing ? Lol
I’d imagine more than you or I.
Real easy to suggest things when your only accountable to your RDP posts.

ti my knowledge, nobody here is making decisions for a City, State, or Country!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

I get what you’re saying and in many cases you are correct. There is an extreme on both sides.

Where the problem comes in for a lot of us though is that the ones issuing the orders often have other motivations.

There is also another problem when the death predictions are (now) at about 100,000 in the US and the total population is 329,000,000. That is .03%. Not to be insensitive to those who would be affected, but we are putting millions and millions of people in very hard times. Is the cure worse than the virus? Are the precautions and removals of freedoms taking place really going to stop this thing or just delay the inevitable?

ekbearly

Reaction score
Pretty wise words from a wise man. Maybe not as wise as Trump, but...

Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question.

Thomas Jefferson

Politicians are near worthless. They are pretty much the last people on earth I would trust. I would take your research a little deeper and form your own opinions beyond what any of them say.

The government is made of mere men like you and I. That is why we are supposed to self govern. If we hand off reasoning, scrutiny and judgment to those with many incentives to lie, we deserve what we get.

Last edited:

ALAN F

Reaction score

And that's the majority here!!!!!! amen brother!!!!!!

RCDave

Reaction score

This was stolen from someone far more intelligent than your's truly:

Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.
These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.
A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.
Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years.
It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.
In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.
This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass.
When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

HotRod82

Reaction score

I watched a video posted by a doctor in NYC who is in the middle of the hot zone. He looked straight into the camera and said " you do not need to fear this virus. We know this virus. All you need to do is wash your hands, don't touch your face, wear a mask, and avoid crowds. Do these things and the chances of you contracting this virus are minuscule." If you do get it and are in decent health, you have a 99% (ish) chance of surviving. This thing is dangerous to some, not at all to others, and definitely not worth crashing the global economy over.

Riley1

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying and in many cases you are correct. There is an extreme on both sides.

Where the problem comes in for a lot of us though is that the ones issuing the orders often have other motivations.

There is also another problem when the death predictions are (now) at about 100,000 in the US and the total population is 329,000,000. That is .03%. Not to be insensitive to those who would be affected, but we are putting millions and millions of people in very hard times. Is the cure worse than the virus? Are the precautions and removals of freedoms taking place really going to stop this thing or just delay the inevitable?
Just saying maybe those predictions are now lower because of actions taken.

Riley1

Reaction score
I watched a video posted by a doctor in NYC who is in the middle of the hot zone. He looked straight into the camera and said " you do not need to fear this virus. We know this virus. All you need to do is wash your hands, don't touch your face, wear a mask, and avoid crowds. Do these things and the chances of you contracting this virus are minuscule." If you do get it and are in decent health, you have a 99% (ish) chance of surviving. This thing is dangerous to some, not at all to others, and definitely not worth crashing the global economy over.
My whole point was;
Maybe (because I have no idea) the reason people are total healthy and un-afraid of this is because we shut shit down. That’s why they’re not hospitalized or dead right now and able to criticize everyone who is doing anything to stop this from hitting their home, neighborhood, or city.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, me included , I was just surprised how many members here felt they were smarter and more prepared for this than our President. Who most of us (including me) voted for.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Not a fan.
But I do however trust my president and who he trusts.
Unfortunately for America, our President has been played. He and his administration have been backed into corner with this deal and all they can do is ride it out.

I would suggest taking the time to look up influenza statistics from year to year and by individual states to see those numbers as compared to the Covid stats. It’s pretty eye opening. You will however find it difficult to find stats for the 2019-2020 flu season for some strange reason. But you will see that the graph quits right as Covid arrives ironically,

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I posted a video made by an epidemiologist - you need to watch it to learn something. This is a virus like many others before it and after it.

Here's a link to an article on how many of Italy's workers are on the verge of economic devastation - you need to read it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/...4264&user_id=a96c01daef2a5f2d9f79b9ab5c91a399

From the article, "Now, nearly a month after the country went into lockdown, Italy is sending another warning. The economy is in trouble, bound for a major contraction. And the precariously situated workers — self-employed, seasonal, informal — are suffering the most. It’s not clear how much longer they can survive." The self-imposed economic damage is already far greater than any damage this coronavirus (not the first one the world has seen) has or will cause.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I’d imagine more than you or I.
Real easy to suggest things when your only accountable to your RDP posts.

ti my knowledge, nobody here is making decisions for a City, State, or Country!
Maybe we should be. The folks that are calling the shots are continually being proven wrong.

Riley1

Reaction score
Unfortunately for America, or President has been played. He and his administration have been backed into corner with this deal and all they can do is ride it out.

I would suggest taking the time to look up influenza statistics from year to year and by individual states to see those numbers as compared to the Covid stats. It’s pretty eye opening. You will however find it difficult to find stats for the 2019-2020 flu season for some strange reason. But you will see that the graph quits right as Covid arrives ironically,
The whole point I was trying to make, was that these measures would possibly keep the COVID numbers down. And because of that, people would say we over reacted.
you bringing up the flu numbers only makes my case.
I feel fortunate to have so many experts here to advise me, us, America. If only Trump was smarter, he’d be on here, taking everyone’s advice.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I posted a video made by an epidemiologist - you need to watch it to learn something. This is a virus like many others before it and after it.

Here's a link to an article on how many of Italy's workers are on the verge of economic devastation - you need to read it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/...4264&user_id=a96c01daef2a5f2d9f79b9ab5c91a399

From the article, "Now, nearly a month after the country went into lockdown, Italy is sending another warning. The economy is in trouble, bound for a major contraction. And the precariously situated workers — self-employed, seasonal, informal — are suffering the most. It’s not clear how much longer they can survive." The self-imposed economic damage is already far greater than any damage this coronavirus (not the first one the world has seen) has or will cause.
Remember the P.I.G.S. during the great recession?
Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain.
They are were all on the brink of collapse then and relied on the EU to keep them afloat and none of them are in any better shape now. The EU is in far worst shape now including Germany for helping them. Great Britian went the Brexit route for a reason.

Riley1

Reaction score

Yeah, shutdown and quarantine sucks. There are major repercussions.
there are also repercussions to not doing anything, way more get sick, way more die, economy still collapses.
Like I said, I have no idea? This is not my field of expertise. I am however surprised by how many here are experts on this sort of thing.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
there are also repercussions to not doing anything, way more get sick, way more die, economy still collapses.
Like I said, I have no idea? This is not my field of expertise. I am however surprised by how many here are experts on this sort of thing.
Naw man, just a bunch of keyboard cowboys.😁

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Makes your case? Please do some research before making remarks like that. You may actually learn something sir.

Riley1

Reaction score
Makes your case? Please do some research before making remarks like that. You may actually learn something sir.
Yeah, it makes my Fucking case!
My case was, that people here have been quick to criticize the measures we’ve been asked to take.
the DR said if we do it right, people will think we overreacted. So bringing annual flu numbers into the argument makes my case.

What research about you am I supposed to be doing?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Yeah, it makes my Fucking case!
My case was, that people here have been quick to criticize the measures we’ve been asked to take.
the DR said if we do it right, people will think we overreacted. So bringing annual flu numbers into the argument makes my case.

What research about you am I supposed to be doing?
Man, you sure are upset about this. As I said in my original post, you can utilize the stats that are publicly available on the CDC website. When taking a look at year by year influenza death totals or weekly for that matter you can clearly see that the current Covid numbers are for the most part not far off. It makes even more sense when looking at and comparing individual states. That and they appear to have abruptly stopped counting flu stats once Covid became a thing. The Covid stats seem to be taking the place of the flu stats when the comparisons are made and the stats are not far off. So you can do some research, or you can vent at those of us on RDP that are sharing our opinions. Have a good night!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Take that deep state cock out of your mouth and you might actually learn something.

No one here is an expert, but we have PLENTY of common sense, and when numbers (you know MATH) don't add up, then we all figure we're getting fucked somehow...like usual when the state/city/fed is involved.

This is a massive over reaction to an admittedly scary virus, but still, 90% of the citizens infected will never see a hospital, never get tested, and will recover on their own...just like the normal flu.

It's all a giant dog and pony show, to see how much they can push us.....for fuck's sake they have removed most liberties without even declaring martial law!!!

It shows how fucking placid and stupid main stream America has become.

You should be railing against the violation of the constitution, rather than insulting your fellow RDP'rs.

Riley1

Reaction score
Point being Covid hasn’t taken over and destroyed us, possibly because of the measures we’ve been taking.
Man maybe now I know why @5oclocksomewhere left.
58DF21D3-C3C6-4C81-8B4E-C66BEE2E7453.jpeg
I’ve known this quote for quite some time, but damn if some of you don’t make it ring true.

BTW, some of you fuckers need to work on your “qualifiers”. Mosteverything I say starts with; “I think”, or “it’s my opinion”, something like that. We have a lot of experts on her that apparently know shit To be Facts.

Only thing I believe in enough to not leave room for doubt is my faith in God and live for my family and country.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I didn’t read the rest of the responses.. I’m more of a math guy. How is this guy 102 years old?

2020 - 1918 = wtf?

That said fuck the sheep. We are in lockdown until the all clear. If people don’t think it’s real good for them. I wish them the best.

That isn’t us.. lol. We r on our own and just fine

Backlash

Reaction score
Riley, you seem pretty hostile about this topic throughout the entire thread. It's like you're pissed at us because each of us have our own opinion. And because we dont see things the same way that you do. And now you're resorting to insults. Did someone hack your account or something?? You're normally more level-headed and grounded from what I recall. Just asking is all. 🤷‍♂️

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Point being Covid hasn’t taken over and destroyed us, possibly because of the measures we’ve been taking.
Man maybe now I know why @5oclocksomewhere left.
View attachment 864262 I’ve known this quote for quite some time, but damn if some of you don’t make it ring true.

BTW, some of you fuckers need to work on your “qualifiers”. Mosteverything I say starts with; “I think”, or “it’s my opinion”, something like that. We have a lot of experts on her that apparently know shit To be Facts.

Only thing I believe in enough to not leave room for doubt is my faith in God and live for my family and country.
I get it now...it’s okay for you to have your own opinion, however when others have a different one, you resort to name calling. I don’t believe that anyone on RDP has said that they are an expert, but there are many who do take the time to research these things and based on their findings come up with their own opinion. We then share those opinions on RDP and hope that somewhere in the middle is the truth. I make my opinions based on research, logic and what I hope to be a little bit of common sense. And in America just like you I’m entitled to my opinion. Hope you have a great day!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

I’m so tired of people being so lazing they can’t do any research or think for themselves.

And no, I can go a decade without a paycheck. And that’s why I care about others since there are a lot of good people that are month to month. Recession and a depression will kill millions more than the amount of poor souls takin in this years pandemic. Economic prosperity is required in order to make life better because these things happen with amazing regularity. It’s called life.

Do you not strive to learn things every day? If you do, and you talk about it, you may be what you are sick of. If you don’t learn and don’t form an opinion, your likely to be a sheep. Or maybe, you just don’t give a shit. Thousands of people are learning about how to combat stuff like this, and many are becoming experts. As well, the real experts are showing just how poorly they “expert” and just how human they are.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Do you do math? If 100k or 200k people die of this, meanwhile we lose 1.5 Million people every year to cancer, does that make sense to wreck a fragile economy?

You don’t have to be an expert to do a basic cost benefit. The cure is way worse than the disease.

but you are the expert n knowing who the experts are. LOL. 🤘🏽👌🏻

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The one thing that continues to stand out to me in thread after thread= I Lockdown Quarantine.

Come on people.

There is Little or None of either. People say both, BUT!! just a little trip out for this or that. 🤣

riverroyal

Reaction score
I predict in 6 weeks people are surfing, sitting on the beach. Boating and drinking at bars. Also spending, cars, trucks, houses.
Im a expert.

Like everything else in this country people forget right away.

C-2

Reaction score
Fuck the experts and statisticians. Half the experts are doing nothing more than trying to be "that" guy in the media who called it; who was right.

In my view it's pretty simple. Nobody sends their kids to school when they are sick, and you don't go to work. Same deal.

Am I going to change what is happening? Nope, and neither are you. I'm going to cope with the situation at hand, just like you will.

The suggestion that anybody is smarter than the next guy because of their beliefs is LAUGHABLE. No, you're not smarter than me because you believe the experts. No you're not smarter than me because you know it's the .gov. The "sheep" are making appearances on both sides of the fence.

I'm making my own decisions, and my decision is based on the simple protocol mentioned above.

Deal with it, make your own decisions.

Take that, lol ✌ :)

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I agree that all these drastic measures will help reduce the spread of the virus.

At the same time 40,000 people a year in this country alone, including young children (this is thrown in for dramatic effect) die in motor vehicle collisions. If we reduced speed limits to 20MPH on freeways and 5MPH on surface streets we could reduce this amount significantly. But at what cost? If we save just one life it's worth it, right?

Why haven't we banned cigarettes? Think of the number of deaths we could prevent. What about alcohol? This could be applied to many other things including the "regular" flu. Why don't we take these preventative measures during normal flu season? When the smoke clears on COVID-19 we may find that the death toll ends up being far less than the regular flu. So will we implement the same measures next flu season?

I don't have the answers but one thing about our great country is that we have the ability to question those in authority and have open discussions about alternative policies. This also applies to internet forums.

charred1

Reaction score
They claim that by doing the whole “social distancing” and “mandated closures,” the numbers of predicted deaths to Covid is substantially dropping. Now many of our trusted leaders are taking credit, claiming it’s working and we have to stay the course. Did they think we would forget their claims that their prediction models showed hundreds of thousands of peeps dying from this virus? Did they think we would forget that they claimed the “prediction models” already had the social distancing and mandated closures worked into database? Oh shit, I think they did forget!! Their claims and numbers are a sham! Fuck all this “new normal” they keep preaching now...how about we just get back to our “normal normal “

Pelon

Reaction score
I am no expert. I have adhered to all the restrictions even though I have been a skeptic. But, I have questions. I think the American public needs to know. The IHME model (that was used to predict deaths and medical resources needed) and was used to justify the draconian measures taken, was greatly overstated. Before you say that we have done a good job of social distancing, full social distancing was already factored into the models. So, what was it that they were wrong on??? The current prediction is down to 60, 415 deaths.
The damage to our economy will be far greater than missing a paycheck. No business large or small has a contingency plan for income going to zero overnight.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I agree that all these drastic measures will help reduce the spread of the virus.

At the same time 40,000 people a year in this country alone, including young children (this is thrown in for dramatic effect) die in motor vehicle collisions. If we reduced speed limits to 20MPH on freeways and 5MPH on surface streets we could reduce this amount significantly. But at what cost? If we save just one life it's worth it, right?

Why haven't we banned cigarettes? Think of the number of deaths we could prevent. What about alcohol? This could be applied to many other things including the "regular" flu. Why don't we take these preventative measures during normal flu season? When the smoke clears on COVID-19 we may find that the death toll ends up being far less than the regular flu. So will we implement the same measures next flu season?

I don't have the answers but one thing about our great country is that we have the ability to question those in authority and have open discussions about alternative policies. This also applies to internet forums.

LOL!! YES, and they reply to this thread with a Drink in one hand and a Smoke in the ash tray OR in hand.:rolleyes:

530RL

Reaction score
The President and Vice President who is leading this task force is up there every day telling us to adhere to the economic lock down.

All our analysis is not going to change what the leadership at the top is doing right now. They have made that decision for us.

Whether one agrees with the government’s choice to lock us down or not, everyone gets a vote come November and should vote accordingly.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
  • Wash your hands. Thorough and frequent hand-washing is an effective way to prevent many common infections. Or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if soap and water aren't readily available.
  • Contain your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. To avoid contaminating your hands, cough or sneeze into a tissue or into the inner crook of your elbow.
  • Avoid crowds. The flu spreads easily wherever people congregate — in child care centers, schools, office buildings, auditoriums and public transportation. By avoiding crowds during peak flu season, you reduce your chances of infection. And if you're sick, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever subsides so that you lessen your chance of infecting others.

kind of funny how this is what we do every year for the flu....and now, with out knowing anything... but what read and see on the web.... we react with a panic …. for me herd immunity makes the most believable sense.. I for one would like to see the truth about Sweden... and it's fact that a huge amounts of people have got this and didn't even know it.. but,... for those that think you can't stop it...,..we're all gonna die.. prolonging the death of everyone gets the same results as doing nothing.. kinda like jumping out of an air plane with no parachute , you can run your mouth, and flap your arms all the way to the ground... you'll lay dead next to the guy that decided to just take a nap and wait it out...

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I am no expert. I have adhered to all the restrictions even though I have been a skeptic. But, I have questions. I think the American public needs to know. The IHME model (that was used to predict deaths and medical resources needed) and was used to justify the draconian measures taken, was greatly overstated. Before you say that we have done a good job of social distancing, full social distancing was already factored into the models. So, what was it that they were wrong on??? The current prediction is down to 60, 415 deaths.
The damage to our economy will be far greater than missing a paycheck. No business large or small has a contingency plan for income going to zero overnight.
Everything

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
The President and Vice President who is leading this task force is up there every day telling us to adhere to the economic lock down.

All our analysis is not going to change what the leadership at the top is doing right now. They have made that decision for us.

Whether one agrees with the government’s choice to lock us down or not, everyone gets a vote come November and should vote accordingly.
So you are saying only do what the govt says, but in Nov you can change the govt. wow, just wow.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Let's be honest here.. who started all the lock down? Newsom, Brown, Coumo, every damn Democratic governor.. so stop pointing fingers!

I will be honest I have never voted in my life, i hate politics, I dont have a political party as I agree with both side on certain things. And I have never bitched about who got elected, dont vote dont bitch. But i will tell you this year i will be voting in November because if the seat changes hands and the "puppet on the left" happens to win, what we are seeing today will become the new "norm"! And if you honestly think otherwise well.. what the Dems have brought to the table will never be able to make a decision on his own!

TRUMP 2020

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

total nonsense, and so far from the truth....the president wanted this to be over sunday……..remember????... and remember how the fake news people drug him through the coals... here's the choice you get...follow channel 3,5, or 8... the media runs every thing...

I'm at the end of the road in life,.. so I just sit and watch...

nowski

Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert but one thing I do know, people lived before covid19 and people will live after covid19. The same goes for every disaster that has ever been known to mankind. Fear is being promoted on a level that none of us has ever seen before. For God gave us a spirit, not of fear but of power, love and self-control. Our lives have simply hit a bump in the road and we'll all get through this and life will go on...