WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We try to modify . . . everything

caribbean20

Reaction score
Figured many of you would be amused by this exchange with my buddy since grade school. He’s afflicted with the same illness.

Just have to make the e-bike faster, can’t stand it!
FC7211A7-AC9E-4620-8319-AA91A09BC463.jpeg
6E3B8DB1-8EC8-4705-BB3F-7FDF1F8F9218.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
Wonder if the E-Bike that started the brush fire recently in Carmel Valley (San Diego) had been hacked ??

SoCalDave

Reaction score
About a year or two ago I plugged an 18volt Dewalt battery pack to my grandsons 6volt quad. Damn thing would spin the tire so bad that I put some grip tape on the rear wheel and the torque steer was almost out of control at take off. 😁 He had a blast until we fried the motor.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
About a year or two ago I plugged an 18volt Dewalt battery pack to my grandsons 6volt quad. Damn thing would spin the tire so bad that I put some grip tape on the rear wheel and the torque steer was almost out of control at take off. 😁 He had a blast until we fried the motor.

Bad ass.
Almost like a centrifugal clutch on the garage floor.

Dan'l

500bbc

Reaction score

That received a real LOL, good job!

attitude

Reaction score

I just got done swapping the 390 12000 RPM motors to 550 35000 RPM motors on my sons Jeep, it might be a little to fast now as I need to full out run to keep up with it lol.

rrrr

Reaction score
Figured many of you would be amused by this exchange with my buddy since grade school. He’s afflicted with the same illness.

Just have to make the e-bike faster, can’t stand it!
View attachment 951046 View attachment 951047

When I was 14, I drilled out the carb jet and overrode the governor on my mini bike, then went over to my dad's shop and used a wobble pump to score five gallons of methanol from the sprint car supply.

The mini bike howled like hell and went really fast until the block was ventilated by the rod.

I told my Dad I was just putting down the street and it blew up. I got the mal ojo, but he let it go. If he had found out about the methanol, my ass woulda been cooked.

😁

rrrr

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the used Margay go kart I bought when I was a sophomore in high school. It had a McCulloch 90 on it. It was pretty fast, but, well, you know.

I decided the solution was to go to the hobby store and buy a gallon of nitro RC fuel. I repeated the trick of drilling out the carb jet, doubling its size.

After waiting for traffic to clear, I drove it out onto Montgomery Blvd, a four lane divided street that backed up to my house, with a buddy behind me in his car so we could clock top speed.

It took off like a MF'er, and I passed 75 MPH right before it blew up. Fortunately the engine didn't lock up. I decided to take the engine apart to see if I could fix it. I had been tearing down B&S engines for years. How hard could it be?

I found out after heating the block to free the engine end cover. When I pulled off the cover, a million needle bearings went skating across the garage floor. WTF?

Fortunately I had a friend whose dad owned a motorcycle accessory store, and he could buy McCulloch engines. The 90 went in the trash, and was replaced by a McCulloch 125.

Which I left stock. 😁

Last edited: