WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We will find you and we will eliminate you…….

Sherpa

Reaction score
Quite the video short.

if promised in March 21,and now 6-? Months later who knows how chatter starts. I’ve got no dog in this fight, heck I don’t own a sxs.. I wish the speed car team all the best. I’d like to see that thing run.. I’m a fairly reserved operator.. but I’d do that $1 engine 300hp upgrade in a second!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm afraid to ask...Speedcar deal?
I haven't talked shit, love the one I saw at RD's booth at DS. I also don't have money in the deal (just a tad beyond my means ;) )

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hey LAM! Another negative business owner telling the world he doesn’t need you. This is one of a long list of reasons why companies don’t survive.

Say what you will about Can-Am and Polaris vs the Speed Car, but they don’t ever talk like this to their market like this

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
He is reacting to negative posts on the internet somewhere?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Hey LAM! Another negative business owner telling the world he doesn’t need you. This is one of a long list of reasons why companies don’t survive.

Say what you will about Can-Am and Polaris vs the Speed Car, but they don’t ever talk like this to their market like this

Don't worry. Lof will be along shortly to tell you yore opinion.

July 12. Still no deliveries.

Dan'l

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That's what I was figuring. As a business owner I get both sides. Our job is to please the customer. If they don't buy from you... you're done.
However when you have people waiting months and begging to hire you, it becomes easy to get a bit callous.

My phone rings all day, and sometimes I am busy, and tired of the damn thing alerting me to more work I can't get to for 90 days. So I can see his point as well.

But as a customer, or potential customer that clip doesn't make me feel good.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Is that a friggin sales pitch....horrible
The SpeedCar thread has tiny bit more discussion about it. Apparently it was just a small clip of an entire podcast or however he broadcasts his updates.

Dalton

Reaction score
That's pretty crazy. His shop his rules I suppose, but the customer base isn't his shop. If you've got a product you want to sell like crazy, you don't make comments like that, I think its possibly a calculated response, less buyers he deems worthy or request refunds = easier to deliver the amount of cars needed in the time frame. Most head honcho types are rough around the edges, that's why they hire people whos job it is to deal with the public/customers.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I though it was a classless thing to say, most of the people with deposits have been supportive.

to say that more direct. The people that have money out aren’t complaining. The guys with a Facebook account are trying to torpedo his biz..

I have almost 30 into 2 cars.. you don’t see me complaining. I can sell both my spots and be way money ahead.

that said even if I lost my cool.. I wouldn’t say that publicly. Not goodpr for sure

Reactions: DWC

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
I'd have my old lady bitch slap that clown if he came to my house. I'm not in the market for his stuff but arrogant bullshit like that isn't good for business regardless of your backorder status. I get it, he's a big name in that world, but don't try to play tuff guy dude, because you'll find out real quick you're not.

Singleton

Reaction score
His social media director should be blocking those posts from the speed site.
Most likely someone is pissed, but everyone with money in, has stayed somewhat positive. Those pissed off about the continual delays have sold their option and made some money. I almost purchased one of those options, but decided to stay with the Jeep. My wife got motion sickness in both the CanAm and RZR we have test driven, so until she can ride in a Speed, my money is being spent on other items.

The real pressure will come once full payment amounts are requested and submitted. A few states have laws about delivery of product once full payment is requested and paid.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
to say that more direct. The people that have money out aren’t complaining. The guys with a Facebook account are trying to torpedo his biz..

I have almost 30 into 2 cars.. you don’t see me complaining. I can sell both my spots and be way money ahead.

that said even if I lost my cool.. I wouldn’t say that publicly. Not goodpr for sure
I’d take the chance to come out on top now. Only way I’m tying up 30k is if it’s going to turn into 100k. You should have started investing extra cash into the market and real estate years ago

And no I don’t mean doge coin

boat527

Reaction score
How long to people wait for a Schiada?... A small joke there

When I was a kid there use to be signs outside of stores saying, " We reserve the right to refuse service"

This may apply here

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I don’t have a deposit on a car but think it will be hilarious if he refunds a few deposits to the crybaby bitches and says see yuh, then watch the crying really start.

Dalton

Reaction score
I don’t have a deposit on a car but think it will be hilarious if he refunds a few deposits to the crybaby bitches and says see yuh, then watch the crying really start.

I’ve watched the video 3 times, never heard anything about refunds, only getting replaced or eliminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I get his point, but isn't this the same issue where people have been waiting for months and months on what was supposed to be delivered?

I wonder if Ford will start doing the same thing with their Bronco debacle.

hallett21

Reaction score
What was the original pre Covid delivery date?

I don’t have a deposit down but I will say the only people I’ve seen complain are the ones who aren’t financially invested.

If I did have a deposit down I wouldn’t be offended by his video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I have a deposit, #2153, I will wait as long as it takes and not upset at all. The rant was unprofessional at best considering that there are delays and how can you not expect some complaints. Hope I don't lose my spot.

riverroyal

Reaction score
'We are not playing around'.....he should have added 'we have your money, we win'

Is there another company that started like this? Deposits for a unicorn.
Seriuos question, this business plan seems unique. Guess its like a kick start deal.

His nuts must be 2 miles long with everyone swinging from them.
I think you guys with deposits will miss this season unfortunately.

Negative social media comes with starting a business like this. He is at a very critical fork in the road. The hype is over, its now turning into negativity and to halt that takes a media and PR team.

Said it numerous times, im a buyer after you guys shake out the bugs. That could be 3 years, who knows. Yes i will pay more.

Will speed be at the firebird raceway offroad show?

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have a deposit, #2153, I will wait as long as it takes and not upset at all. The rant was unprofessional at best considering that there are delays and how can you not expect some complaints. Hope I don't lose my spot.
Why would you lose a spot? Or are you kidding....
Also the minute he yanks a deposit for a negative social media post he will have a lawsuit. Guaranteed someone with lawyer oncall will retaliate.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I know nothing about this thing. But as an outside the thing looks like, sounds like, rides like a POS. Not to mention it’s not balance and front heavy . Good luck with that thing

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Why would you lose a spot? Or are you kidding....
Also the minute he yanks a deposit for a negative social media post he will have a lawsuit. Guaranteed someone with lawyer oncall will retaliate.
Yes, was kidding

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I work for a pretty big private company and have for a long time. On a handful of occasions over the years I’ve seen our leadership from the founders to our VPs get into some situations that could easily gone in the direction of losing their cool and saying things like RG. I was in the meetings where these situations went down. However our team never lost their cool, ever. And these were situations where my company had laid out millions $$ and we got screwed. It was absolutely fascinating to watch and lessons I’ve taken into my own life.

I can imagine RG is being personally attacked online and it’s gotta be tough but that response was tough to watch.

riverroyal

Reaction score
His personality is why people like him. He has a no bullshit FU racing approach. Off road and on.
Thats great for 'fans' of his racing. Not investors in a start up.

On the flip, he is a successful guy. You cant argue that.
Going to be a great next few years in the UTV world, we will all benefit.

Im riding in LOF or daves right away. Looking forward to not spilling beer at 55 mph across some whoops

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
No matter what happens with this car, RG didn't do anyone except his ego any favors by ranting like he did. He's the figurehead of the company which is both good and bad. And that's a real bad look for him and the company. But he clearly doesn't give a shit which tells me he's a better racer than businessman. And someone should tell him to rein in his ego as this is a multi-million dollar business with investors who do care about the company's image