WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We will find you and we will eliminate you…….

JayBreww

Reaction score
Jeez … who knows what’s going on … but can you imagine having a service problem ?

Waited a year for a car, what’s waiting 6 more months for a new control arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Racedesert
Is trying to help...🤣
42B1CB6C-52C8-44A4-8489-D72CEBACEF53.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
His personality is why people like him. He has a no bullshit FU racing approach. Off road and on.
Thats great for 'fans' of his racing. Not investors in a start up.

On the flip, he is a successful guy. You cant argue that.
Going to be a great next few years in the UTV world, we will all benefit.

Im riding in LOF or daves right away. Looking forward to not spilling beer at 55 mph across some whoops

If you own or know someone with a Real sand car or off-road vehicle, you can go out and do that tomorrow.

Funco has had this option for decades. Along with a whole bunch of manufacturers.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know nothing about this thing. But as an outside the thing looks like, sounds like, rides like a POS. Not to mention it’s not balance and front heavy . Good luck with that thing

wtf? Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Waited a year for a car, what’s waiting 6 more months for a new control arm.

When you buy the car you can also buy spare axles / control arms and a whole bunch of other stuff. 🤪

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
When you buy the car you can also buy spare axles / control arms and a whole bunch of other stuff. 🤪

When you buy it but when will you get it and the parts? That seems to be the question

bentprops

Reaction score
Here is another point of view, First off the car is bad as all get up, Its better in every way than rzr and a cand ham, The problem for me is i got in early and before i did i was told i would have it late 2020. So with the anticipation of getting the new car i sold my old car. As we all know, no show. Screwed my 20/21 winter riding season but i didn't complain, Then THEY CALLED ME in Feb telling me i should get it in April. No show. I still have not said anything. It would be nice to know if I'm going to miss another season. Then at least i could make other arrangements for my family. I don't think thats asking much.

RG definitely handled that wrong. He could have made it a positive for him and his investors. Just buy people out that got in with the introductory price. Then re-sold at the higher price point. Im not sure how the inflation story is going to play into this but the longer they wait the worse this thing is going to go sideways.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Did any of the more "senior" inmates ever deal with Mickey Thompson? He was gone before I was old enough to meet him. Guys I know kind of describe him as some describe RG. Brash, "here's what it is" kind of guy. They both raced pretty much anything with wheels.

And no, before anything is said, I hope nothing bad happens to RG. Never met him. Closest I've been was at Glamis, years ago, he launched off a dune 100yds away...badass!

boat527

Reaction score
I have NO dog in this fight.. don't have a SXS, or off-road vehicle.. probably never will.

Has ANYONE taken into account how the so called " pandemic" has basically shut down EVERYTHING?

Im a partner in a Fireplace and BBQ shop in Portland...
We're STILL getting back orders from November 2020... People that are bitching have zero clue as to what is going on....

We just broke one of our warehouse doors and were told that , " well... It may be a few weeks, steel is on backorder"

It's not just Mr. Gordon that is feeling the pain of this mess.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I like how everyone is shocked he’s a D-bag. I don’t think I have ever had an interaction with him where he wasn’t one. Hopefully the cars are everything everyone hopes they are and they actually materialize some day soon.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind jumping into someones spot if they cancelled on.

Precisely his point. There are a few hundred that would jump in line if offered a spot. If these things are at Sand Sport like they say they are going to be, it is going to be a shot in the arm for interest. I called and told them I’ll take any spots of people they boot. They said they already had 5 people call and ask the same thing. :)

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I like how everyone is shocked he’s a D-bag. I don’t think I have ever had an interaction with him where he wasn’t one. Hopefully the cars are everything everyone hopes they are and they actually materialize some day soon.

Absolutely. It’s Robby Gordon and we have heard the stories for 25 years.

This isn’t how I would have handled it, but I’m not him.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Jeez … who knows what’s going on … but can you imagine having a service problem ?

That was my concern initially.. with a factory dealer in OC and one in Havasu, I’m not too worried in the medium to long term. RG said they will hold back some parts because he knows someone will ldestroy their car the first day. But I don’t have a ton of faith they are gonna have ALL the parts right away as they are building cars. So don’t crash your car, at least for a couple months.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
RG way of going is well earned. Watch his race videos the guy is a winner year after year. His “Speed Car” will be a winner. Problem is the whole thing is riding on him,every piece of that car is RG. RG is the Henry Ford Sr of the Off Road world.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Imagine this -

“If we catch you taking shit, complaining or bad mouthing, we will refund your deposit and have a new buyer the same day - shut your mouth and like it- Ford Motor Company, RE: late delivery of the new Bronco.
Almost same price point. His statement and message is crazy. I don’t care if it scales small buildings, it’s a toy and you shouldn’t treat customers like that. Have some gravitas

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Here is another point of view, First off the car is bad as all get up, Its better in every way than rzr and a cand ham, The problem for me is i got in early and before i did i was told i would have it late 2020. So with the anticipation of getting the new car i sold my old car. As we all know, no show. Screwed my 20/21 winter riding season but i didn't complain, Then THEY CALLED ME in Feb telling me i should get it in April. No show. I still have not said anything. It would be nice to know if I'm going to miss another season. Then at least i could make other arrangements for my family. I don't think thats asking much.

RG definitely handled that wrong. He could have made it a positive for him and his investors. Just buy people out that got in with the introductory price. Then re-sold at the higher price point. Im not sure how the inflation story is going to play into this but the longer they wait the worse this thing is going to go sideways.

I don’t know why they started telling people spring of 2021 early this year. My paperwork said March, but by Jan I knew that wasn’t happening.
I think they thought a lot of things would come together easily and then they started feeling the supply chain issues that pushed us to where we are today. I honestly thought they might arrive in July/August at the beginning of 2021. I like the winter arrival so I can actually use the thing and see if it is any good.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Imagine this -

“If we catch you taking shit, complaining or bad mouthing, we will refund your deposit and have a new buyer the same day - shut your mouth and like it- Ford Motor Company, RE: late delivery of the new Bronco.
Almost same price point. His statement and message is crazy. I don’t care if it scales small buildings, it’s a toy and you shouldn’t treat customers like that. Have some gravitas

Yore right. It’s not stopping me from buying one however. Elon Musk did worse to customers when starting Tesla, delivering cars that were more expensive and had less range than promised. Those people all lapped it up 🤣

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
RG is NO Elon Musk. 🤔

You are right.. he’s not asking any of us to pay more for what was sold to us :), and is delivering a car with more features than promised, not less range.

I’m happy with the trade off, but also didn’t sell my current car and miss a season.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
You are right.. he’s not asking any of us to pay more for what was sold to us :)

There will be NO Hunting you down, as you are the #1 Cheerleader. Making $'s hand over fist and beating away all the offers to sell. ☺

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No, he hasn't sold anything 😂

I do like the comparison to Tucker though.

If he hasn’t sold anything then what are you all complaining about :)?

Tucker seems to have gotten railroaded, but I guess it depends on whose version of the story you believe.

Robby Gordon stealing my money is the absolute least of my worries on this deal.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If he hasn’t sold anything then what are you all complaining about :)?

Tucker seems to have gotten railroaded, but I guess it depends on whose version of the story you believe.

Robby Gordon stealing my money is the absolute least of my worries on this deal.
I'm not complaining at all. I just laughed at the comparison. Musk had issues before and after delivery. RG is having problems now, but no delivery yet. I really think he's just had some issues due to parts supply, and I also don't know if he'd ever done production runs like this before. It's a hell of a curve. I really hope they make it out soon. Them being out could change the dynamic of the market.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm not complaining at all. I just laughed at the comparison. Musk had issues before and after delivery. RG is having problems now, but no delivery yet. I really think he's just had some issues due to parts supply, and I also don't know if he'd ever done production runs like this before. It's a hell of a curve. I really hope they make it out soon. Them being out could change the dynamic of the market.

If the car is out around years end, they will have brought a UTV to market faster than Polaris, Can Am, Honda, Kawasaki and Textron. It took all of them longer than 2 years to bring their current top line cars to market.

That is pretty impressive considering they stood up the entire brand and company as well.

Wedgy

Reaction score
The supply chain for Automobiles is highly impacted at present, Dave the Car Guy says it will get worse. A Record 44 Cargo Container ships moored out of LA waiting to offload. Truckers shortage, worker shortage, Covid, whatever. Take your pick.

Just that much more of an uphill battle in what has got to be not easy to begin with. Hope RG has a good Team to pull this off in these difficult times. We need more better side by side vehicles. Geez. Whatever happened to Waterpumpers!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Did any of the more "senior" inmates ever deal with Mickey Thompson? He was gone before I was old enough to meet him. Guys I know kind of describe him as some describe RG. Brash, "here's what it is" kind of guy. They both raced pretty much anything with wheels.

And no, before anything is said, I hope nothing bad happens to RG. Never met him. Closest I've been was at Glamis, years ago, he launched off a dune 100yds away...badass!

My grandfather and Mickey were best friends. Mickey and Robby are very similar when it comes to business and being great racer's, but Mickey never had the ego that Robby has.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wasn’t try to be rude. Like I said I know nothing about this deal or who is involved. Hope I didn’t piss anyone off. Not really

The car with the most travel rides bad? The car with the perfect balance is front heavy?

what are you talking about?

gqchris

Reaction score
I see Robby Gordon as the nerd in school and now he has a bit of clout and he just doesnt exude “coolness” well and is awkward. Hence the asshole flair up he had that was caught on tape.

I dont like the guy, but I like LOF and RD and everyone else on here that ordered a car and hoping they get them soon so I can get a freaking ride in one!! Lol

JayBreww

Reaction score
I see Robby Gordon as the nerd in school and now he has a bit of clout and he just doesnt exude “coolness” well and is awkward. Hence the asshole flair up he had that was caught on tape.

I dont like the guy, but I like LOF and RD and everyone else on here that ordered a car and hoping they get them soon so I can get a freaking ride in one!! Lol

I’m happy and anxious for all who ordered! Really excited for the reviews from these guys.
Just crazy to think how we’ve heard Thanksgiving, New Years, April, to now who knows. Like how can he say last year when it seems he’s still figuring out the robot welders and clutching.
I’m anxious to see what a “Preproduction” car looks like at the SSSS. What on it is going to be actual production pieces.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
The car with the most travel rides bad? The car with the perfect balance is front heavy?

what are you talking about?
I was watching the test video they have on YouTube . Just because someone say “ it’s the shit@ don’t mean it is. They are probably trying to sell something. Watch the video . And then watch it as if you were never told anything about it.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Precisely his point. There are a few hundred that would jump in line if offered a spot. If these things are at Sand Sport like they say they are going to be, it is going to be a shot in the arm for interest. I called and told them I’ll take any spots of people they boot. They said they already had 5 people call and ask the same thing. :)

Talking about spots in line and the “value” of them is vaporware at its finest. Until there are cars being delivered to those in line this whole thing is a shell game based on promises. There are no cars until there are. For now you guys own “rights” to buying them.

You do get this, right?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Talking about spots in line and the “value” of them is vaporware at its finest. Until there are cars being delivered to those in line this whole thing is a shell game based on promises. There are no cars until there are. For now you guys own “rights” to buying them.

You do get this, right?

Its no different than “buying” anything else.. When you go “order” a truck, you don’t have it until it is delivered. What do you think ADM is on a truck at a dealer? It is vapor ware that the truck is somehow giving you more value above and beyond what the MSRP is, so you must pay the dealer more for the opportunity to purchase the truck.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I guess when you have 1000 cars to sell, and 5000 buyers, you can be a bit cavalier about the process.... LOL

Selling 1000 cars isnt going to get him into the black on this deal. He’s going to need to build a shit load of these things unless this is all just for fun and not about the money....

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Its no different than “buying” anything else.. When you go “order” a truck, you don’t have it until it is delivered. What do you think ADM is on a truck at a dealer? It is vapor ware that the truck is somehow giving you more value above and beyond what the MSRP is, so you must pay the dealer more for the opportunity to purchase the truck.

Chevy
Ford
Dodge
Toyota
Nissan
Peterbilt
Kenworth
International
All sold '20 models
And '21 models
The '22 models out already? I don't actually know.

You are still waiting for a '19 model.

Yes, there is a difference.
You just can't see the forest because there's too many trees.

But definitely the loudest unpaid cheerleader.

Eventually they will be delivered.
Eventually.

Dan'l

702sandman

Reaction score
Is it tru that the manufacture is Hyson the Chinese little quad company ?? my thoughts on the speed car is that i believe the ones he built will be bad ass for sure but then when it got turned over to manufacturing how much will remain what Robbie actually designed and how much of that billet will turn into cast and so on. Will the price point still stay the same ?? Will the billet stay ?? Then what happens when canned ham drops a new bad ass car or Polaris does will his speed hype die down ? Lots of what ifs involved with this deal I hope it all works out for the buyers in the end.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Chevy
Ford
Dodge
Toyota
Nissan
Peterbilt
Kenworth
International
All sold '20 models
And '21 models

Eventually.
Dan'l

They are ‘22 models. It is a new mfg that hasn’t sold vehicles before. The ‘21 Ford truck that someone ordered that is sitting in a field will also be delivered....so will the Bronco they ordered a year ago... eventually

I know you are smarter than this.

And who said I’m doing all this for free?

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Why would you lose a spot? Or are you kidding....
Also the minute he yanks a deposit for a negative social media post he will have a lawsuit. Guaranteed someone with lawyer oncall will retaliate.
That was my thinking. He just opened up for lawsuits trying to play the my dick is bigger than yours game. I’d tell him to fuck off and end this little venture before it even gets started. Wonder if he has extra time and money to sit in court

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is it tru that the manufacture is Hyson the Chinese little quad company ?? my thoughts on the speed car is that i believe the ones he built will be bad ass for sure but then when it got turned over to manufacturing how much will remain what Robbie actually designed and how much of that billet will turn into cast and so on. Will the price point still stay the same ?? Will the billet stay ?? Then what happens when canned ham drops a new bad ass car or Polaris does will his speed hype die down ? Lots of what ifs involved with this deal I hope it all works out for the buyers in the end.

All that is already been gone through in the other threads. Hisun is making them. I agree that this is probably the highest quality piece that Hisun makes, and I think Speed is helping them learn where that bar needs to be set. They make tons of units and different price point, so they seem to be capable.

The prices are going to keep going up probably again when these things come out. These will be $40k cars to start eventually. They have already told us what parts will be cast instead of billet. Speed has complete control of that. That is one aspect where this car in my opinion will be better for a long time. Polaris and Can Am will continue to bean counter their cars to death just as that have in the past.

RG knows what all of us know. We are very willing to spend $40-$50k on a machine if it is right and just works off the showroom floor. That is where the hole in the market is, and what this car seeks to fill.

I think this car is ready to compete with whatever Polaris and Can Am come out with next and will be competitive for the next 5-6 years.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Chevy
Ford
Dodge
Toyota
Nissan
Peterbilt
Kenworth
International
All sold '20 models
And '21 models

Eventually.

Dan'l

POM POM's and a Megaphone.

RAH RAH!!:p:p

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That was my thinking. He just opened up for lawsuits trying to play the my dick is bigger than yours game. I’d tell him to fuck off and end this little venture before it even gets started. Wonder if he has extra time and money to sit in court

it’s the same thing as no shoes, No shirt no service. He will refund you if you get bounced, he’s not keeping your deposit. He’s also not stopping you from buying a car, he’s just kicking you out of line.

If you know RG’s background he loves sitting in court 😂

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

More like the spoiled rich kid that was given everything he wanted growing up and never learned how to play nice. That being said, I still hope his venture is successful and he wins Dakar.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
it’s the same thing as no shoes, No shirt no service. He will refund you if you get bounced, he’s not keeping your deposit. He’s also not stopping you from buying a car, he’s just kicking you out of line.

Maybe that’s why he can’t get a car out, I’ll just keep investing in lucid and fisker

And if either of those companies made a statement like that I’d sell all my shares for sure

Dalton

Reaction score

I figured he was willing to do refunds, but I guess if he mentioned that it would take away from the high op tempo of the video.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I figured he was willing to do refunds, but I guess if he mentioned that it would take away from the high op tempo of the video.

Your deposit was never refundable. That was stated from the beginning. If you transfer your spot to a new person, Speed sends you back all of your money.

Dalton

Reaction score
Your deposit was never refundable. That was stated from the beginning. If you transfer your spot to a new person, Speed sends you back all of your money.

interesting, take the money then deem people unworthy.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Could be interesting if it went that far and the Customer retained a Top Notch Attorney who Loves these type of challenges and Sitting In Court. They have a sympathetic Jury who hates the "Big Guys" in general and especially when use terms like "we Will Find you" etc.

Some times you Win

Some times you Lose

Some times You "SETTLE" 🤔