Wedding planning

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
LS-1063-2-727390.jpg

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
:smackhead:smackhead Nuff said.

It is definitely a pain in the ass....but its all worth it in the end. Just don't stress over it too much because it really is supposed to be fun. :beer:D

jdf

Reaction score
sucker .....welcome to the club of honey i don't do that anymore

:fsakes:fsakes

69 1/2

Reaction score
Just buy her a house and give her all of your money and call it a day.:D

Photo Chick

Reaction score
Save your money!!!!! Go somewhere nice just the two of you and tell everyone about it when you get home. :D

Good luck!!:beer

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
My Daughter is doing the same thing right now..

so far it sounds like this...
Ceremony on Fire Island at the light house
Wedding party takes 50' Yaught back to Yaught Club for reception while 125 guest take ferry to yaught club on Long Island. 6 - 8 hour reception at yaught club overlooking bay with full open bar. I better start exercising my liver now.

She was telling me the details this weekend and all I could think of was ...Good grief:rolleyes: looks like you are going to have the wedding you never dreamed of.

Funny thing is, She never wanted a wedding like this (Barefoot in the sand is more her style), It's more his idea of a perfect wedding. Oh well, I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding to cherish for the rest of their lives.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Why are you even involved? Let her have her wedding and you just need to show up.:beer

The only thing I did was choose the cake flavor. :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It brings out the worse in chix.
Have patience.

Magic34

Reaction score
Why are you even involved? Let her have her wedding and you just need to show up.:beer

Yup, just like my wedding as well. Oh... And I got to go to the food sample night at the hoetl. It was all you can eat filet. I was stoked... and not fat at the time.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Well my mother seems to think she is gonna plan it but shes a little behind the times on a lot of things. So she keeps calling me and complaining about it all so I have to hear it. Maybe I should disconnect the phone. :hmm:hmm
________
Acura vigor specifications

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
This is starting to get good now. I asked my mom to make a list of the family that she'd like to be there. That alone is now at around 150 people. Hell some of them I haven't even seen in over 10 years. Combined with my g/f and mines list it makes over 200 people now. :eek: My checkbook just caught on fire. :swear:swear
________
Buy volcano vaporizer

Last edited:

Magic34

Reaction score
This is starting to get good now. I asked my mom to make a list of the family that she'd like to be there. That alone is now at around 150 people. Hell some of them I haven't even seen in over 10 years. Combined with my g/f and mines list it makes over 200 people now. :eek: My checkbook just caught on fire. :swear:swear

My mom did the same thing. You need... actually you MUST put a limit to the amount of people she may invite or the list will be stupid like the one she gave you.

We had just above 250 at our wedding and my mom was allowed to invite 75, her first list was close to 200. At $80/person it added up way too fast. After seeing the cost, I told my mom and her list to pound sand.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
My mom did the same thing. You need... actually you MUST put a limit to the amount of people she may invite or the list will be stupid like the one she gave you.

We had just above 250 at our wedding and my mom was allowed to invite 75, her first list was close to 200. At $80/person it added up way too fast. After seeing the cost, I told my mom and her list to pound sand.

I'm letting her think (for the moment) that she can organize all this. She'll actually set a lot of this up. Then I'm gonna come in and chop her list up. I ain't inviting family that I haven't seen in 10 years. I know that'll chop close to 20 or 30 off the list. Plus that'll leave more room for my friends. :D
________
Wholesale vaporizers

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Just buy her a house and give her all of your money and call it a day.:D

Then go out and get a second job because buying her a house and giving her all your money still won't be enough:D:D

Best of luck to you both.

Magic34

Reaction score
I'm letting her think (for the moment) that she can organize all this. She'll actually set a lot of this up. Then I'm gonna come in and chop her list up. I ain't inviting family that I haven't seen in 10 years. I know that'll chop close to 20 or 30 off the list. Plus that'll leave more room for my friends. :D

Rule of thumb for your friends... The gift should be equal to what the dinner for the 2 will cost. :D

My fockin' aunt/uncle and their 5 kids came. Total bill was around $500 and I got a set of glasses that were $40.

An old neighbor of my wife's brought their 4 kids for a total of 6 and they gave us a pair $10 salt/pepper shakers. WTF!!! It isn't about getting a gift, dont make me out to be this greedy dick, but I have seen those people a total of 1 time over the past 7 years after the wedding. That is the crap that pisses me off. Actually it doesn't piss me off becuase seeing them more would actually suck.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
My sister in law owns a flower ship in Belmont Shore if you need to get quotes on flowers. ;)

Riodog

Reaction score
"Oh well, I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding to cherish for the rest of their lives.":lmao

That's the funniest thing I read all week.lol Don't be an ostrich, do the $25. wedding chapel thing and sock the money in a secrete place that she doesn't know about. DO NOT co-mingle your house, have it appraised for the highest amount before the marriage, keep your playtoys in your name, put a gunsafe in your folks home and keep your valuables, guns, etc., there. Need I tell you not to give her the combo?:rules
Trust me, you'll thank me later.
Rio

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Geez Rio, recen, bitter divorce?????:eek: But I do agree, keep it simple and keep the money for more important long term purchases.

lebel409

Reaction score
My mother in law gave a us 5K and said she's done. My wife did most of the work but got it done close to budget.

Looking back we coulda spent more money, but why?

Regarding the gifts...if I (or my wife) didn't want to see them they didn't get invited...we got nice stuff and some...interesting things, but we got to reconnect with friends and family. That was enough.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Rule of thumb for your friends... The gift should be equal to what the dinner for the 2 will cost. :D

My fockin' aunt/uncle and their 5 kids came. Total bill was around $500 and I got a set of glasses that were $40.

An old neighbor of my wife's brought their 4 kids for a total of 6 and they gave us a pair $10 salt/pepper shakers. WTF!!! It isn't about getting a gift, dont make me out to be this greedy dick, but I have seen those people a total of 1 time over the past 7 years after the wedding. That is the crap that pisses me off. Actually it doesn't piss me off becuase seeing them more would actually suck.

Thats why I'm only inviting rich/generous people to our wedding. Brandin got the axe from the list today. :lmao:lmao
________
Elena ford specifications

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
"Oh well, I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding to cherish for the rest of their lives.":lmao

That's the funniest thing I read all week.lol Don't be an ostrich, do the $25. wedding chapel thing and sock the money in a secrete place that she doesn't know about. DO NOT co-mingle your house, have it appraised for the highest amount before the marriage, keep your playtoys in your name, put a gunsafe in your folks home and keep your valuables, guns, etc., there. Need I tell you not to give her the combo?:rules
Rio

All done already. :D
________
Luigi Musso

Last edited:

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Good Luck. I got married this past June in Vegas. We rented a Terrace Suite (2 story suite with large outdoor balcony) at the MGM Grand ($1300 a night), sent out e-vites, went to Costco and bought all the booze/appetizers/flowers (about $700), took cupcakes as the cake (mother-in-law bought those), had a friend be the photographer (free), had another friend get ordained as a minister over the internet to perform the ceremony ($30), took an ipod connected to a few speakers for the sounds. Invited 80 of our closest friends and had a blast. Then went on our honeymoon and spent $25g's in about a month living like a king in an over the water bungalow in the Maldives.

Second wedding for the both of us. Just something to think about for the next one. :D

:beer to your wedding! :cool:

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

Hey, you know how the Barker's roll......:D:D

I'm for the "go on a nice trip and tell us all about it".....:D

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Dude all you need to do is ask what color, what time and where?

Keep it simple stupid.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

Rio

ROFLMAO....Rio at his best.....:beer

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hey, you know how the Barker's roll......:D:D

I'm for the "go on a nice trip and tell us all about it".....:D

You wouldn't say that in front of your wife. :skull:skull:beer
________
Weed

Last edited:

Scott E

Reaction score
Fuck that! Vegas is the way to go...

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Are you taking notes from this thread? :skull:skull

Good news is that I don't think she wants to marry me.:beer

I may stay perma ingaged....now if I can just figure out a way to get the ring back.:hmm

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
we went and toured the boulders resort last saturday, and are going to see 2 more this saturday. definately gonna have 100 people. call me crazy but i'm having fun with it.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
we went and toured the boulders resort last saturday, and are going to see 2 more this saturday. definately gonna have 100 people. call me crazy but i'm having fun with it.

That's cuz you haven't written a check yet other than the ring........:D

Wait til stupid photographers try to jack you for 5 grand........

I have a dream!!!!!!! Me, her and a court house.(pre-divorce):eek: Have a big party afterwards.. BYOB

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
That's cuz you haven't written a check yet other than the ring........:D

Wait til stupid photographers try to jack you for 5 grand........

I have a dream!!!!!!! Me, her and a court house.(pre-divorce):eek: Have a big party afterwards.. BYOB

lmao..... believe me, i am all for the vegas deal. i think amidst my performance at the skybox saturday night, i was pushing pretty hard for a vegas trip right then and there. :D

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
guess again...its sunday assclown

Guess again, we're going to put it to a vote, and move it to Saturday just so you can see what it's like to not be able to hangout with your friends once you're married and have your balls removed and put into the wife's purse permanently... :point

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Guess again, we're going to put it to a vote, and move it to Saturday just so you can see what it's like to not be able to hangout with your friends once you're married and have your balls removed and put into the wife's purse permanently... :point

:fsakes i gotta work saturday morning also

Riodog

Reaction score
Geez Rio, recen, bitter divorce?????:eek: But I do agree, keep it simple and keep the money for more important long term purchases.

:D:D Actually about 8 years ago. Not bitter at all. I got everything, she got nothing except what she came into the marriage with,( a bedroom set) and she even paid her own moving costs when she left.(my home, toys,business,etc.) I planned ahead completely and never let my emotions rule my better judgement. She had an attorney and I had ME. The attorney was out-gunned before he even started. Seriously, he musta flunked law school as I even got sole custody of our dog.:D
Rio

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
:D:D Actually about 8 years ago. Not bitter at all. I got everything, she got nothing except what she came into the marriage with,( a bedroom set) and she even paid her own moving costs when she left.(my home, toys,business,etc.) I planned ahead completely and never let my emotions rule my better judgement. She had an attorney and I had ME. The attorney was out-gunned before he even started. Seriously, he musta flunked law school as I even got sole custody of our dog.:D
Rio

That is truely one of the hardest things to do when divorce comes around...

BOBALOO

Reaction score
Good Luck. I got married this past June in Vegas. We rented a Terrace Suite (2 story suite with large outdoor balcony) at the MGM Grand ($1300 a night), sent out e-vites, went to Costco and bought all the booze/appetizers/flowers (about $700), took cupcakes as the cake (mother-in-law bought those), had a friend be the photographer (free), had another friend get ordained as a minister over the internet to perform the ceremony ($30), took an ipod connected to a few speakers for the sounds. Invited 80 of our closest friends and had a blast. Then went on our honeymoon and spent $25g's in about a month living like a king in an over the water bungalow in the Maldives.

Second wedding for the both of us. Just something to think about for the next one. :D

:beer to your wedding! :cool:

It was an AWESOME way to get married! Thanks for letting us be a part of it.:beer