WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Weed thread!!! A place for reviews, shops, legal, ect

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So a lot of people on here consume weed in one way or another. Some are social some a nightly some are all day every day. Some people grow it, some buy it. Some are luckily enough to be gifted it.

I wanted to start a thread about it, be it strain reviews, shop reviews, legal, forms, ect..... participate if you want or don’t I don’t care.

My go to shop is 420 central in Santa Ana. It’s address is 420 central lol. Another one I go to is peoples also in Santa Ana right off the 55 freeway. What are your go to shops

For me I usually take a gummy nightly helps relax and or sleep. I wake up refreshed and ready to go for the next day. No hangover, no drawbacks. I wake up with a clear mind and focus.
B66706C5-5398-4BEF-AFAA-3D9611F55C19.jpeg

This brand is def my favorite for right now for gummies. Zero weed taste and still effective. They are 5mg pieces so easy dose of 1 or 2 pieces depending on your mood. The picture is the indica version and does not really put the mind into a fog but really body high and no munchies like other indices. If taken right before a meal, the high will come in less than 30 min and last about 3 hours. Otherwise takes an hour to come on and last about the same. This goes for all the flavors in this brand.

Another brand I like is the “dixie” brand gummies 10 mg pieces and zero weed taste. High comes on hard and last 4-5 hours easy. Not for the beginner. Still a favorite of mine.
12082045-3BE4-4996-962D-B12BBBD04C27.png

Flower review to follow!!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
420 is our spot, but I’m going to try the havasu shops this week since cards are no longer required and we don’t go to California much anymore. I just use it for sleep, the company you pictured first makes an indica gummy with melatonin, works great for me. My wife takes a kiva dark chocolate every night.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I have been going to Off the charts in palm Springs.
Good prices and they know there stuff.
They have weekly specials and weekends specials.
I grow my own but last years crop just dosen't have the THC content that I need now after spine surgery.
Screenshot_20210224-190756_Weedmaps.jpg

Wayn-o

Reaction score
My wife has been fighting through breast cancer since last January, just about out the tail end of it all. She has been taking the Kiva Camino midnight Blueberry Sleep one you listed for about a year to help her sleep - they work great. She also takes the Wana exotic yuzu when she really needs to sleep - they are much stronger. Been to several shops but have found Peoples off the 55 to be awesome. Super nice, helpful people every time I go there. In and out in a few mnutes.
We tried several cbd creams and oils after her surgery. Found that the only one that really works for her is the Medterra CBD rapid cooling cream 750 mg bought on line. Works great for pain.

[. View attachment 976276
1614225397197.png

Attachments

• 1614225303633.png
    1614225303633.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My wife has been fighting through breast cancer since last January, just about out the tail end of it all. She has been taking the Kiva Camino midnight Blueberry Sleep one you listed for about a year to help her sleep - they work great. She also takes the Wana exotic yuzu when she really needs to sleep - they are much stronger. Been to several shops but have found Peoples off the 55 to be awesome. Super nice, helpful people every time I go there. In and out in a few mnutes.

[. View attachment 976276 View attachment 976302
I’ll have to try those, I don’t sleep more than a few hours a night, sucks. Amazing ive gotten this far in life with no sleep. The gummies pit me down for about four hours, but then the issue of taking more in the middle of the night comes up. If you don’t have 4-5 hours before you need to wake up it’s not good, hard to function till they wear off.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

[. View attachment 976276 View attachment 976302
My wife is four years cancer free and weed was a life saver for her post chemo nausea. Prayers for you and her, it’s a wild ride, but she will kick its ass.

Still wish I could shave her head again, I thought it was hot, her not so much.

2F3DF282-B178-462D-AC80-0E2D02E36446.jpeg

jbird

Reaction score
I’ve been primarily going the cartridge route for a while now and hardly smoking any flower. I find it way easier to use and can get almost the same good terpene flavor as flower. I also now prefer a mellower high and using THC/CBD blends.

So far this is the one I like the most.

https://www.cbd.org/product/11-vape-cartridge-05-grams

1AB98944-47DF-4951-9AE2-F51B1B622EB3.jpeg

jbird

Reaction score
420 is our spot, but I’m going to try the havasu shops this week since cards are no longer required and we don’t go to California much anymore. I just use it for sleep, the company you pictured first makes an indica gummy with melatonin, works great for me. My wife takes a kiva dark chocolate every night.
Kiva is good stuff. Love their chocolate covered blueberries!

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes - she will kick its ass! Glad glad to hear your and your wife are doing great after that shitty experience..

My wife is four years cancer free and weed was a life saver for her post chemo nausea. Prayers for you and her, it’s a wild ride, but she will kick its ass.

Still wish I could shave her head again, I thought it was hot, her not so much.

View attachment 976304

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I've got some good home grown that I got from my step mom. I don't smoke much so it's gonna last me forever. I tried a weed delivery service once and I wasn't impressed. The shop off of the 55 is good.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Grow my own with occasional local dispenser visits. It takes the edge off for me before bedtime. My wife on the other hand its the opposite for some reason. I'll need to try and get some suggestions from this thread for her.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I’ve been primarily going the cartridge route for a while now and hardly smoking any flower. I find it way easier to use and can get almost the same good terpene flavor as flower. I also now prefer a mellower high and using THC/CBD blends.

So far this is the one I like the most.

https://www.cbd.org/product/11-vape-cartridge-05-grams

View attachment 976303

Any "live resin" cartridge you cant go wrong!

Live resin is a pure extract not an oil based vape, so it is way better for you because it doesnt have the additives!

Not sure what that brand is hut look into it!

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Grow my own with occasional local dispenser visits. It takes the edge off for me before bedtime. My wife on the other hand its the opposite for some reason. I'll need to try and get some suggestions from this thread for her.
Last time at the shop my wife got a infused rootbeer that didn't taste like bongwater it was pretty good. And its right down the street from the new Agua Caliente.

HBCraig

Reaction score
No cards are required in California? I am pretty out of touch here. I have had any pot since I was about 17. Totally out of touch with this entire industry. Plus, my company drug tests so I pretty much cant but am curious on the process to purchase.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No cards are required in California? I am pretty out of touch here. I have had any pot since I was about 17. Totally out of touch with this entire industry. Plus, my company drug tests so I pretty much cant but am curious on the process to purchase.
Correct and same with Arizona now. California taxes the Fak out of you if you don’t have the card, not sure if Arizona does something similar. Wife usually stocks us up when she goes back to work in CA, so I have not bought in Havasu. Previous comments said the havasu prices are pretty high

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Walk in, show I’d. Purchase (a lot of places are cash only, People’s in Santa Ana is. 420 central isnt) walk out

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Correct and same with Arizona now. California taxes the Fak out of you if you don’t have the card, not sure if Arizona does something similar. Wife usually stocks us up when she goes back to work in CA, so I have not bought in Havasu. Previous comments said the havasu prices are pretty high
Nevada too.
I knew Az passed it but had not heard yet that it had gotten to point of "open to public" operations.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Nevada too.
I knew Az passed it but had not heard yet that it had gotten to point of "open to public" operations.
No advertising at all, maybe they are not allowed to but if you walk-in either place in havasu you can buy with just a DL

cakemoto

Reaction score
Any tourist town Will be more expensive.. just saying.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
By going to those two shops you are over paying in a HUGE way...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
For carts I like west coast cure pen or rove. For authentic carts you’re to pay though. 50 a cart but if you go to empire on Sundays every sunday is Sunday fun day and your order gets 20% off. Still over priced. I have kids now, so my days of selling bud are done. Smoke for free and about 1000 bucks a week was a good deal. Those days are gone 😕

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Nevada too.

Az is open to the public. I have a card which gives a pretty good discount compared to the rec prices though.

gqchris

Reaction score
What do you guys do if your work tests you? I have to be tested random sometimes for some contracts that take me into federal clearances. I think I know my employers stance on it, but not first hand. Whats the laws since it is legal now?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
What do you guys do if your work tests you? I have to be tested random sometimes for some contracts that take me into federal clearances. I think I know my employers stance on it, but not first hand. Whats the laws since it is legal now?

if you are doing federal work....federal law prevails for sure

Sandlord

Reaction score
Az is open to the public. I have a card which gives a pretty good discount compared to the rec prices though.

That answers my question. I have a card in AZ. I guess I get a discount once I can get back in.
The local shops around here had to go thru some legal crap to be open without a card, and once they opened, the line to the door has been too long.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Crazy how it's changed so much. I quit somewhere in the late 90's for 12 years. i was at a party with some friends one night and took 1 bong rip of some stinky-ass stuff.
I had the gnarliest anxiety attack . . . shit was way too psycho for my ass, full on looped-out mind-distortion. Such a bad experience there's no way in hell I'd ever try it again. I'm not against people being on the program, I just don't dig shit that's more powerful than me. I guess the days of taking a couple puffs out of a beer can to get 'slightly altered' are a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Crazy how it's changed so much. I quit somewhere in the late 90's for 12 years. i was at a party with some friends one night and took 1 bong rip of some stinky-ass stuff.
I had the gnarliest anxiety attack . . . shit was way too psycho for my ass, full on looped-out mind-distortion. Such a bad experience there's no way in hell I'd ever try it again. I'm not against people being on the program, I just don't dig shit that's more powerful than me. I guess they days of taking a couple puffs out of a beer can to get 'slightly altered' are a thing of the past.

I feel the same way every time I try it. The anxiety and paranoia makes me miserable. I hate the feeling weed gives me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I had the gnarliest anxiety attack . . . shit was way too psycho for my ass, full on looped-out mind-distortion. Such a bad experience there's no way in hell I'd ever try it again. I'm not against people being on the program, I just don't dig shit that's more powerful than me. I guess they days of taking a couple puffs out of a beer can to get 'slightly altered' are a thing of the past.

It's crazy how many strains and the different potency levels there are now. The good thing is that it's all regulated and if you buy for yourself you know what your getting. Lots of options out there that are very mellow.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I dont smoke, I dont care if someone does or not. What do you do if your work drug tests? We do as part of being hired. Then if you get injured. 100% zero tolerance. Nearly all (maybe all) construction unions drug screen for weed/THC.

gqchris

Reaction score
Quit in Mid 90's myself. Yea I am with you on the anxiety part. I know their are different strains and what not, but it just doesnt give me an experience that I like.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
@jeteater1 where did you get it? Been looking for a pineapple OG.

I just picked up a platinum kush. Have to see how it is
At off the charts in palm Springs, they have wall to wall stuff. More them any shop i have been too.
I tried growing it two years ago it was good but no pineapple taste.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Went to THC in Needles last weekend to pick up some stuff for a friend. Damn that place is busy. Lots of strange looking people going in and out

HBCraig

Reaction score
I dont smoke, I dont care if someone does or not. What do you do if your work drug tests? We do as part of being hired. Then if you get injured. 100% zero tolerance. Nearly all (maybe all) construction unions drug screen for weed/THC.
Yep. My brother is a superintendent for McCarthy

He said if there is an accident he sends the parties involved straight to poss test