WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Weed thread!!! A place for reviews, shops, legal, ect

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yep. My brother is a superintendent for McCarthy

He said if there is an accident he sends the parties involved straight to poss test
I have to explain this to apprentices every week. I’m no saint, but it’s risk vs reward. Gotta do what you’re comfortable with. I use to be a all day everyday guy. Things change

2Driver

Reaction score
I feel the same way every time I try it. The anxiety and paranoia makes me miserable. I hate the feeling weed gives me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, but now at least you don't have to worry that the cops are coming. :)

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
When you say top shelf, what do you mean? What makes it top shelf? Excuse my ignorance please

"Top Shelf" means higher end stuff, usually "hand trimmed" not "machine trimmed". Better purity and quality!

Think of it like going to a bar or liquor store. You have your "well whiskey(black velvet)" and then you have your "top shelf(crown royal)"

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Couple years ago I was working for a company that makes drug testing kits. The Company dosen't test unless there is an accident. Some of the temp worker would be out in there cars at lunch time smoking out. Most of our accidents would take place after lunch. Stupid shit like reaching around guards on cappers and getting there hand or finger smashed. Thing that would piss me off is they only have 3 1/2 hours of work after lunch but they couldn't wait.

Pebo

Cocktail Krew
Reaction score
Just a little grow in Adalanto.
135787500_3648369658562294_1774663882858697618_n.jpg
136404550_3648369885228938_5262045571367416254_n.jpg

Attachments

• 135787500_3648369658562294_1774663882858697618_n.jpg
    135787500_3648369658562294_1774663882858697618_n.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 136404550_3648369885228938_5262045571367416254_n.jpg
    136404550_3648369885228938_5262045571367416254_n.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 60

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
For the beginners...

And I use that term loosely, cause I think we all did it back in the day! LoL

The stuff today is super concentrated and Super strong. Like @LargeOrangeFont said, it ain't your daddies weed!
So choose wisely....

Start with something that comes in the smallest quantitys available.

If your gonna do edibles, it takes a solid hour for it to kick in.

REMEMBER THIS FACT!!!

Do not take a bite, and the go "I don't feel anything" and keep taking bites till you do. You'll end up in the corner paranoid as fuck! I know someone who just did this a couple of weeks ago at the river. He did NOT have a good time!!! LoL

So remember when you were a kid, you took a toke, and felt mellow right away? Not gonna happen with edibles. You have to wait an hour to see what it does...

So, take a Tiny amount of it, and put on a movie and forget you took it. Look at your watch about an hour and a half in, don't feel anything? Good. Next time double it up. And wait a few days or so.

Eventually you'll take too much, and you'll know what your body can tolerate at that point. Everyone is different, so don't let someone else tell you what works for them will work for you. That's not going to happen either.

Start small. You don't wanna end up in the corner!

As for the science of it...

Done-it-again

Reaction score
"Top Shelf" means higher end stuff, usually "hand trimmed" not "machine trimmed". Better purity and quality!

Think of it like going to a bar or liquor store. You have your "well whiskey(black velvet)" and then you have your "top shelf(crown royal)"

Ha ha ha. Crown royal is now top shelf. Noted.

sorry. I get your analogy.

Taboma

Reaction score
Since years ago I'd treated my son to a rollicking fun afternoon at a pretty loose titty bar in Panama City Florida --- oh my, an afternoon we still laugh our asses off about. 😂
So recently my son, now mid 40's, decides it's time for ole dad to experience a legal Pot shop. No lap dances, but I was amazed and I do think the little tatted up cutie who helped us had daddy issues and was a real sweetie. 🥰

I was impressed with the whole store front. I was expecting dark and sleezy, more upscale and better looking inside than most local RX pharmacies.
Really nice people, even the well armed security dudes were very pleasant. Sales gals were a hoot, and I had a great afternoon window shopping. Also blew my mind how I'd expected to feel old and out of place, in truth, several ladies appeared in their later 50's and the couple of guys I saw were older and could have been driving bemmers.

I was amazed at the pricing, stunned is more like it and I understand on top of that, there's a grip of taxes to be paid --- Sheesh and they wonder why the black market still flourishes.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
For the beginners...

And I use that term loosely, cause I think we all did it back in the day! LoL

The stuff today is super concentrated and Super strong. Like @LargeOrangeFont said, it ain't your daddies weed!
So choose wisely....

Start with something that comes in the smallest quantitys available.

If your gonna do edibles, it takes a solid hour for it to kick in.

REMEMBER THIS FACT!!!

Do not take a bite, and the go "I don't feel anything" and keep taking bites till you do. You'll end up in the corner paranoid as fuck! I know someone who just did this a couple of weeks ago at the river. He did NOT have a good time!!! LoL

So remember when you were a kid, you took a toke, and felt mellow right away? Not gonna happen with edibles. You have to wait an hour to see what it does...

So, take a Tiny amount of it, and put on a movie and forget you took it. Look at your watch about an hour and a half in, don't feel anything? Good. Next time double it up. And wait a few days or so.

Eventually you'll take too much, and you'll know what your body can tolerate at that point. Everyone is different, so don't let someone else tell you what works for them will work for you. That's not going to happen either.

Start small. You don't wanna end up in the corner!

As for the science of it...

Did that years ago, kids gave us the big sugar cookie. Wife and I split it, 20 minutes or so, "this thing sucks, tastes good though" so we ate the whole thing. Called my son, "you ate the whole thing?". In about an hour shit got weird. No idea where about 6 hours of my life went, couldnt figure out how to get out of the pool shallow end. Somehow we made it to bed, pretty sure we crawled. We joked about it if cops came to the house and arrested me for killing someone during the night, I would just go OK, I must have done that.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Crazy how it's changed so much. I quit somewhere in the late 90's for 12 years. i was at a party with some friends one night and took 1 bong rip of some stinky-ass stuff.
I had the gnarliest anxiety attack . . . shit was way too psycho for my ass, full on looped-out mind-distortion. Such a bad experience there's no way in hell I'd ever try it again. I'm not against people being on the program, I just don't dig shit that's more powerful than me. I guess the days of taking a couple puffs out of a beer can to get 'slightly altered' are a thing of the past.
It ain't the weed of the past brutha.... I took a couple good puffs from a buddy on my boat and within 30 minutes I was in a full panic attack and driving boat back into harbor.... it was brutal ..... and another friend who doesn't puff had also taken a couple deep hits... I yelled up to him to take the helm and he turned and yelled back saying he was up there freaking out too and that I'm on my own! The stoner guy with the joint was chilled out just sitting next to me at helm smiling at our dumb asses but he was worthless cause he can't drive a boat. Took me forever to get through harbor trying to avoid all the "Harbor Lice" swam for a bit to shake it but in the end it was tough for 3 hours. When us rookies came down a bit we all ended up at dock laughing asses off telling stories... be careful ... there's some strong stuff going on!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
It ain't the weed of the past brutha.... I took a couple good puffs from a buddy on my boat and within 30 minutes I was in a full panic attack and driving boat back into harbor.... it was brutal ..... and another friend who doesn't puff had also taken a couple deep hits... I yelled up to him to take the helm and he turned and yelled back saying he was up there freaking out too and that I'm on my own! The stoner guy with the joint was chilled out just sitting next to me at helm smiling at our dumb asses but he was worthless cause he can't drive a boat. Took me forever to get through harbor trying to avoid all the "Harbor Lice" swam for a bit to shake it but in the end it was tough for 3 hours. When us rookies came down a bit we all ended up at dock laughing asses off telling stories... be careful ... there's some strong stuff going on!
I hear ya . . . that night when I took that 1 bong rip . . . 2 other of my buddys took a hit too, both weed smokers, but they normally just smoke cheap-ass dirt weed. One of them said, "Does anyone have a Sprite ?... I'm having an anxiety attack"! :p . . . they other guy was pissed and said, "What the fuck was that shit?... I can't drive so I'm gonna go crash in my truck". Sucks that it's gotten all gay & out of hand w/, 'Dabs', 'Wax', and small nuclear reactors for lighters . . . I'm out.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Did that years ago, kids gave us the big sugar cookie. Wife and I split it, 20 minutes or so, "this thing sucks, tastes good though" so we ate the whole thing. Called my son, "you ate the whole thing?". In about an hour shit got weird. No idea where about 6 hours of my life went, couldnt figure out how to get out of the pool shallow end. Somehow we made it to bed, pretty sure we crawled. We joked about it if cops came to the house and arrested me for killing someone during the night, I would just go OK, I must have done that.
Very similar experience here. I remember thinking if somebody broke in to rob us all we could do was watch. I actually considered a 911 call that night, but couldn't figure out how the phone worked

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Very similar experience here. I remember thinking if somebody broke in to rob us all we could do was watch. I actually considered a 911 call that night, but couldn't figure out how the phone worked
Elderly couple that are friends of ours did just that, they called 911 thinking they were gonna die, FD came, all paramedics and FD all got a pretty big kick out of it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Strain review (really brand review)

Malibu Gold brand Dolato strain (indica) 32% THC
80304DDE-3B13-4B4B-89F2-8BBECDA0F5FE.jpeg
ACC14102-FFB4-4C43-8E7B-6FB9EA9C887F.jpeg
7069FBC2-473A-409B-9380-FB80B07A28FD.jpeg

As you can see it’s very dense purple and Orange hairs. This is a member of the kush family

This flower sure puts a hard day of work behind you! Back pain? This is for you! Bad day? This is for you!

Limonene as a terpene is really good for pain, calming and relaxation.

For me this strain is pretty good for a indica, considered top shelf at 60$ per 1/8 oz. it’s well worth the money. The high last for a hour or more. And comes in soft and quick. Sneaks up on you so to speak.

Malibu Gold makes high quality flower grown indoors in Malibu. I have had Dolato and Mendo Breath and not to forget Julius Caesar (award winning)

Anyway 420 central carries a lot of Malibu Gold products.

Who else has had this one?

gqchris

Reaction score

I did the same thing a few years back. We were at Ten nightlcub in Costa Mesa popping bottles. Great night. My friends brother hands me a vape. Im thinking, “oh i like vapes. They smell good”. I take about 3-4 deep hits. Doesnt really smell like anything.

30 mins later we are leaving and the club is closing. I walk outside and its like someone poured a bucket of ice water over me. I start having a panic attack, wtf is happening! I manage to get to out car and I just start puking. Everyone is laughing and im freaked out. Finally a guy says “must have been that thc pen you took hits from”. So I guess the brother is a hard core thc guy and shit was like potent beyond all else. I was so pissed. Took my head 3 days to get right after that!

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I did the same thing a few years back. We were at Ten nightlcub in Costa Mesa popping bottles. Great night. My friends brother hands me a vape. Im thinking, “oh i like vapes. They smell good”. I take about 3-4 deep hits. Doesnt really smell like anything.

30 mins later we are leaving and the club is closing. I walk outside and its like someone poured a bucket of ice water over me. I start having a panic attack, wtf is happening! I manage to get to out car and I just start puking. Everyone is laughing and im freaked out. Finally a guy says “must have been that thc pen you took hits from”. So I guess the brother is a hard core thc guy and shit was like potent beyond all else. I was so pissed. Took my head 3 days to get right after that!

Those vapes will fuck you up!

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
I'm getting some good laughs outta these experiences :D As a strongest indica i can find kinda guy, all I can say is......light weights. ;)👍

welldigger00

Reaction score
Man I’m glad I’m not alone. I’ve tried like hell to be a pothead. I’ve thrown away every bag I’ve ever bought because I’d get blitzkrieg’d, and have to take a time out somewhere like in a closet by myself so I didn’t call 911 on myself. One day I’ll try again when I have to quit drinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Strain review (really brand review)

Malibu Gold brand Dolato strain (indica) 32% THC
View attachment 976643 View attachment 976644 View attachment 976645

As you can see it’s very dense purple and Orange hairs. This is a member of the kush family

This flower sure puts a hard day of work behind you! Back pain? This is for you! Bad day? This is for you!

Limonene as a terpene is really good for pain, calming and relaxation.

For me this strain is pretty good for a indica, considered top shelf at 60$ per 1/8 oz. it’s well worth the money. The high last for a hour or more. And comes in soft and quick. Sneaks up on you so to speak.

Malibu Gold makes high quality flower grown indoors in Malibu. I have had Dolato and Mendo Breath and not to forget Julius Caesar (award winning)

Anyway 420 central carries a lot of Malibu Gold products.

Who else has had this one?
Here we go.... I can tell this thread on vices is winding down. I'll just say if given the choice between stoners or boozers on my boat for a long day at speed I'd always take the stoners. I'm a boozer but for sure us boozers can be a real pain in the ass come time to offload at the docks, right fellas. Chicks falling all over the place kinda thing. Whereas the stoners always hang back just smiling and chill... simple hand getting them onto dock and off they go.

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score
I got some 25milligram pills recently...I had been taking gummies 10-20mg...I took one and bam, 30 mins later I'm watching youtube videos and I feel like Im inside the couch. I was having an inner discussion about whether or not I could walk to get a snack.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I got some 25milligram pills recently...I had been taking gummies 10-20mg...I took one and bam, 30 mins later I'm watching youtube videos and I feel like Im inside the couch. I was having an inner discussion about whether or not I could walk to get a snack.
"Inner discussion" .... I think we know what that is. I can handle one at a time but two to three and I'm freaking.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Here we go.... I can tell this thread on vices is winding down. I'll just say if given the choice between stoners or boozers on my boat for a long day at speed I'd always take the stoners. I'm a boozer but for sure us boozers can be a real pain in the ass come time to offload at the docks, right fellas. Chicks falling all over the place kinda thing. Whereas the stoners always hang back just smiling and chill... simple hand getting them onto dock and off they go.

My old barber (rip) would always say...

I want my kids to be stoners.

When you're drunk, you say:. Gimme the keys man, I'll drive!

When your stoned, you say: Here's the keys man, You drive!

Truer words never spoken. 😝

DC-88

Reaction score
True story- a couple years ago our neighbors across the street threw a cool block party around Christmas catered with BBQ and stocked with a full bar etc. They also had a big Edibles table set up with popcorn, cookies , etc. The middle of the next day they were carrying their 10 year old labrador out to the truck to take him to the vet because he ate whatever he could take down off that table at some point during the evening and basically went limp after tripping ballsacks for a while . He was in a coma and died a couple hours later :oops:

DWC

Reaction score
True story- a couple years ago our neighbors across the street threw a cool block party around Christmas catered with BBQ and stocked with a full bar etc. They also had a big Edibles table set up with popcorn, cookies , etc. The middle of the next day they were carrying their 10 year old labrador out to the truck to take him to the vet because he ate whatever he could take down off that table at some point during the evening and basically went limp after tripping ballsacks for a while . He was in a coma and died a couple hours later :oops:
Oh shit, you did it now. On the RDP scale dogs are ahead of boats, booze and bitches.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Went to the one on Industrial just now since I was in a hurry and didnt want to make the drive to Needles. Not much selection compared to like 420 or similar in Santa Ana. Pricing and excise fees pretty much the same as 420. Where is the second one in Havasu?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
This is what it looks like in the lobby of 420 central
AE69D909-4C91-4FF9-A0E3-7F08E2E7BF2F.jpeg

Water Romper

Reaction score
So a lot of people on here consume weed in one way or another. Some are social some a nightly some are all day every day. Some people grow it, some buy it. Some are luckily enough to be gifted it.

I wanted to start a thread about it, be it strain reviews, shop reviews, legal, forms, ect..... participate if you want or don’t I don’t care.

My go to shop is 420 central in Santa Ana. It’s address is 420 central lol. Another one I go to is peoples also in Santa Ana right off the 55 freeway. What are your go to shops

For me I usually take a gummy nightly helps relax and or sleep. I wake up refreshed and ready to go for the next day. No hangover, no drawbacks. I wake up with a clear mind and focus. View attachment 976276

This brand is def my favorite for right now for gummies. Zero weed taste and still effective. They are 5mg pieces so easy dose of 1 or 2 pieces depending on your mood. The picture is the indica version and does not really put the mind into a fog but really body high and no munchies like other indices. If taken right before a meal, the high will come in less than 30 min and last about 3 hours. Otherwise takes an hour to come on and last about the same. This goes for all the flavors in this brand.

Flower review to follow!!!

I am a non smoker- Pot wasnt my thing so i am pretty uneducated in this area of extra activites. Why do these gummies help you sleep? I'm asking because if I get more than 4-5 hours sleep a night, I'm doing good but its very rare. I've started taking ZZZ everynight but if the gummies are a better alternitive, i'm game. BTW, booze makes my sleeping even worse- what a shame, I love Jameson but I gotta get some sleep! :confused: The picture above, whats the cost for 20 gummies?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I am a non smoker- Pot wasnt my thing so i am pretty uneducated in this area of extra activites. Why do these gummies help you sleep? I'm asking because if I get more than 4-5 hours sleep a night, I'm doing good but its very rare. I've started taking ZZZ everynight but if the gummies are a better alternitive, i'm game. BTW, booze makes my sleeping even worse- what a shame, I love Jameson but I gotta get some sleep! :confused: The picture above, whats the cost for 20 gummies?

The sleep gummies are typically Indica (ie in the couch) which is a chill form of weed and it works real well to get you in that zone allowing you to fall asleep. I take one an hour before I want to go to sleep, get in bed, do some RDP or the wife and when the phone falls out of my hand its time to go to sleep. Some of the sleep gummies have melatonin in them as well. I dont like to smoke weed since I keep myself in pretty good shape and run and ride my bike and sticking smoke in my lungs doesnt seem like a good idea.

Alcohol will interfere with your rem sleep, aka deep sleep, so you toss and turn alot and dont wake feeling rested. If you drink a shit ton and pass out then thats a different story but that leads to bigger issues the next day.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Depends on the strength mostly, and other factors of course. As I said earlier, START SMALL!!!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like in the lobby of 420 central View attachment 976834
Took my next-door neighbor to a weed store in Sun Valley California called Exhalence
...I had thought for a few years that her boyfriend had been taking her with him to weed stores ..:he had not???... she wanted to see a weed store...at the back of their customer area area are glass windows ...you can watch them grow... pretty interesting...
1614384904359.png
6F6AD822-72D2-4012-8828-7832AB2223D8.png
4DBC05EF-F336-4B51-A066-80773B70041C.png

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Go in to a shop and talk to a “budtender.” Tell them what you are looking for, sleep and edible. They will recommend some things to try. Just start with small portions with edibles so it doesn’t ruin the experience.

That is what my buddy tells me any way.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Yes they are indica based (in-da-couch) (something else to remember, every human reacts to different things differently. So my experience may not be exactly yours) with that being said the can of 20 pieces at 5 mg a piece is $22 before tax. What it does for me is slow my mind down so it’s not racing. Also slows down your reaction time hence the couch feeling. Basically slows down time and gets your body very relaxed and not all tensed up. So when it’s time for bed you are ready to actually sleep instead of lying there trying to sleep. Like one a day said an hour before bed and see what it does. Start with half a piece. River mobster has it right do not go big or go home. It will ruin the experience for you. The biggest thing is no hangover and wake up refreshed relaxed and a clear mind.
Are those plants I see growing on the other side of the glass ? One looks like a terrarium ?
No it where all the product is. You are escorted the entire time one guest per bud tender. Pre covid you could smell the product but not the case now.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Took my next-door neighbor to a weed store in Sun Valley California called Exhalence
...I had thought for a few years that her boyfriend had been taking her with him to weed stores ..:he had not???... she wanted to see a weed store...at the back of their customer area area are glass windows ...you can watch them grow... pretty interesting... View attachment 976880 View attachment 976881 View attachment 976889
That is a nice store. I saw a couple like that in Colorado last year.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
...I had thought for a few years that her boyfriend had been taking her with him to weed stores ..:he had not???... she wanted to see a weed store...at the back of their customer area area are glass windows ...you can watch them grow... pretty interesting... View attachment 976880 View attachment 976881 View attachment 976889

Is that the place right off the freeway where the 5 and 170 interchange ?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Is that the place right off the freeway where the 5 and 170 interchange ?

...Close...it is on Roscoe Boulevard... if you were going north on the 5..,and exited the Glenoaks offramp you would/could drive straight into their parking lot...

viperized_jr

Reaction score
For you inland empire guys captain jacks has a happy hour, I think its 1-5 and they have some pretty good deals. My BIL picks up for me so I can't comment on the place but it is San Bernardino.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You're getting lots of great info on this post.... just need to understand that as it relates to sleep and REM stages of rest booze is very counter to allowing our bodies and minds to recover from our daily activities.... we've always thought booze knocks us out however modern science and sleep data tracking has shown just the opposite is true.... given todays highly stressed out lifestyles many of us have severe sleep disorders and go years without understanding how to resolve that.... for many of my educated and enlightened friends weed has really benefitted them. You'll have to merely ask knowledgeable folks in your circles [and RDPers] to identify solutions. Solid/ deep sleep is crucial to performing at our highest levels. I was blown away when heard that such a high performing individual such as Trump was living on 4 hours a night of sleep. [Along with KFC diet?] I know its fashionable and macho to say that but doubt its truly sustainable. Deep rest & sleep is key.... maybe even more if not equal to diet. I mean if I'm up for many nights late with lack of sleep but eating clean .... versus getting to bed early and eating dirty I think I'm ahead.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Went to the one on Industrial just now since I was in a hurry and didnt want to make the drive to Needles. Not much selection compared to like 420 or similar in Santa Ana. Pricing and excise fees pretty much the same as 420. Where is the second one in Havasu?

its on Lake Havasu between acoma and Kiowa on the east side, typical green cross - 709 n. Lake havasu Farm Fresh

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Depends on the strength mostly, and other factors of course. As I said earlier, START SMALL!!!
I’ll add here if one has any alcohol on board, skip the weed products that day.
Weed is like an alcohol amplifier.
Had an older guy hit me up for a couple of Rios one day, he was several beers in and hadn’t hit any weed in over a decade.
This is a guy that kept a keg in the closet on his balcony.
And this was over 20 years ago when the thc was probably less than half what it is today.

A while later he said man! It feels like I just pounded another 3 or 4 beers.
Was in bed an hour later.
It was about 3pm😂

Water Romper

Reaction score
Good advise all around. I like the suggestion "start small", this is new territory for me so I will do a bit more research but judging by the feed back looks like I may get some GOOD sleep. Again, NOT looking for a buzz or feeling like I'm under the influence, just somthing to mellow me out Thanks again!

Taboma

Reaction score
Back in the day I never had the patience for "Just wait for it" edibles. If I wanted to get a buzz, waiting a half hour or hour wasn't something I was interested in.
Doubt it would be today either, probably whey I've never tried one. My wife's brother gave her some, sat in the fridge uneaten for a year until we finally tossed them.
He kept telling her, try a few bites, then wait, then try another and wait --- holy fuck, who wants to spend the evening doing that ? Of course his idea is, get home from work, down an edible or three, then sit in his chair and have his girlfriend bring him treats as he gets increasingly incapacitated --- Nope, no thanks.

If I wanted to get high, which if I could grow a plant or three I might re-visit. I'd probably want to grow Sativa, I want to giggle like the old days, watching some dumb-ass movie, not sit around envisioning the end of humanity on a grand scale.