WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Week day dinner ideas

fmo24

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the same old crap for dinner each week. Looking for some not overly complicated meals for during the week.

Hammer

Reaction score
Little ceasers ! They have ready to go pizzas , 5 bucks ! :D

fmo24

Reaction score
If I were going to have pizza I would just get a Costco pizza ;)

NdaWind

Reaction score
Same here tired of same old stuff - we have been doing tacos lately - bought these prebaked already folded shells and fill them with different things different nights even cook them on the BBQ

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
We've been doing a lot of fish lately. I just ordered a bunch from Omaha Steaks. Mahi, sea bass, salmon etc. Its actually really easy to bake, even I'm able to make a dinner that tastes good. Brown rice in the rice cooker, a fish, vegetables and salad. Easy.

fmo24

Reaction score
Fish sounds like a good change. Usually do pork chops or chicken with rice and veggies Some sort of pasta one nite and tacos on Thursday. Just gets boring after awhile :D

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
Urban Accents has great seasoning for all kinds of variety meat, fish and chicken. You can order them on line. It's a great way to spice up your dinner without too much hassle.

Soldout

Park Supervisor
Reaction score
We grab a rotisserie chicken, or shrimp, monterey jack and tortillas and make quesadillas at least once a week. Super simple and good.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Very simple dinner, takes only about 35 minutes from start to finish. Get some Foster Farm skinless boneless breasts, marinate in Italian dressing over night(I always poke holes in the breast with a fork). Place on a cookie sheet covered with foil (very easy cleanup this way) place on center rack and broil for 15 minutes, Turn over and baste chicken, broil for 10 more minutes. Chicken is always tender & moist. I usually do rice pilaf with this. Start the rice first, bringing it to a boil, then both are done at the same time. Add a salad or veggy. One of my Kids favorite dinners.

Last edited:

SR

Cajun Member
Reaction score
2 medium onions diced
1/2 lb. Tasso (or smoked ham) or 1/2 lb. Andouille sausage sliced
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 lb. small to medium peeled shrimp (or 1 lb. for shrimp lovers)
seasoning to your own taste

I fry the 2 onions and meat in very little oil over high heat(adding a little water as it dries up in the pot) for atleast 1/2 an hour or more to achieve a very brown gravy like sauce..I add the shrimp at the very end,brown everything down again,then add a cup of water and cook down to desired consistency..We eat it served over angel hair pasta.

RVRKID

Reaction score
We do Taco Salad every 2 weeks or so and it is easy:
ground Turkey cooked with taco seasoning
Chili Beans warmed up
lay small Fritos on a plate and I add cheese and microwave for 30 secs then put beans and meat on top with lettuce and avacado and whatever else you want. Then just add whatever sauce you want, I do some Ranch with Tapatio and Huy Fong Fresh Chili Garlic Sauce, 8oz.! Very easy and good and sometimes fun for younger kids to build there own.

sergeantmike

Reaction score
A bag of Caesar salad mix with some chicken chunks is always fast and easy. If you don't want to cook at all, grab one of the insta chickens from the warming area in the deli. Those work great for quesadillas too.

Lately been slow cooking stuff on the electric smoker and adding a side or two.

When in doubt, listen to Jimmy Buffett and do cheeseburgers in paradise.. just follow the lyrics.

rvrmom

Reaction score
Meatball Sub Casserole
serves 8
(Printable Recipe)

1 (16oz) loaf french bread
12 oz light cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 lb frozen meatballs, thawed
1 (26oz) jar spaghetti sauce
2 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Slice french bread into 1-inch slices and place in a lighly greased 9x13-inch pan.

Mix together cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread over french bread.

Chop meatballs and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Pour spaghetti sauce evenly over meatballs. Top wtih mozzarellla cheese.

Bake 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted.