WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Weekend Fun (clutch replacement)

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Spent the weekend replacing my younger cousin's (he's 18) clutch on a 93 nissan d21. I am no where near an expert mechanic but I can get by and not scared to get dirty.

The kid doesn't know much about cars but was there every step of the way getting dirty and trying to learn as much as he could.

Some frustrations but the overall went good and it was cool to pass along some knowledge.

I should have used it as an excuse to buy a trans jack lol...

Attachments

• 20200913_081145.jpg
    20200913_081145.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 105

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bought one of these from Harbor Freight to do a trans swap in the garage. It worked out really well.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I bought one of these from Harbor Freight to do a trans swap in the garage. It worked out really well.

I looked at it when I bought a bench bleeder so I could bleed his system but it's just one of those tools I dont see needing again or at least anytime soon. But I regretted it pretty dam fast lol.

Putting it back in was not that bad but coming out sucked lol. I used ratchet style straps on the frame and made a safety net and just worked it slow with that and the regular jack/man handle.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I looked at it when I bought a bench bleeder so I could bleed his system but it's just one of those tools I dont see needing again or at least anytime soon. But I regretted it pretty dam fast lol.

Putting it back in was not that bad but coming out sucked lol. I used ratchet style straps on the frame and made a safety net and just worked it slow with that and the regular jack/man handle.

Yea, it was $69 bucks when I got mine. I may only use it another handful of times, but I found a home for it in the garage and it is out of the way.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Yea, it was $69 bucks when I got mine. I may only use it another handful of times, but I found a home for it in the garage and it is out of the way.
Wow that's real cheap. I would have done that. The ones at the local store that they had in stock was about $180.

But even the one you posted I might pick one up if I can find it just to have.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Where's the use it and return it crowd.. Must be early still.. :p

Good job helping the kid out. Better to teach a man to fish.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Where's the use it and return it crowd.. Must be early still.. :p

Haha. I might have used that process a few times when I was his age, but these days if I buy a tool I'm keeping it haha.

Thanks man. I'll always help those who want to be helped, and are willing to get dirty to do it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Clutches on the ground aren't too bad, with smaller stuff. I finally bought a trans jack last year. Done C4's and TH350's for years in the bench press fashion...getting older sucks!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Clutches on the ground aren't too bad, with smaller stuff. I finally bought a trans jack last year. Done C4's and TH350's for years in the bench press fashion...getting older sucks!
It had been a long time since I dropped a trans or motor and when I did I was working in a shop with the tools so lack of experience doing it by hand didn't help.

Neither did the angry pilot bushing.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I remember the good days of laying on my back and tranny on the chest.

my one and only biggest trans I did on my back with the trans on my chest. turbo 350 with a new process 205 part time transfercase,

I have no idea how I was able to do it..

sure as shit wouldn't try that again!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
my one and only biggest trans I did on my back with the trans on my chest. turbo 350 with a new process 205 part time transfercase,

I have no idea how I was able to do it..

sure as shit wouldn't try that again!
You must workout lol.