WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well bad news....

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
My heart is broken....
after 3 great years of being with Windy. and because of her head is all screwed up from being in Kuwait, she now has told me that she was not ready to be married, and wants to be on her own... she has informed me today that she has an appointment with a navy paralegal, to divorce me...
this comes as a huge let down and a major heart break.. as most of our friends know that she has not been happy about the way she came home and for breaking her leg while serving...
We have had a great 3 years together, and now she has told me that I have an anger issue... humm I guess that I was not allowed to get up set at times...
I really do love Windy and I have done everything for her and her daughter, over the last 3 years, from buying her daughter a car because her dad would not, to paying for her to go to school, as well as help windy out every day making sure she had money in her pocket, to loving her to no end... and we enjoyed many many great river trips, and riding trips,, with our friends.. so .. It really saddens me to say good by to her, and our relationship... she now wants to be on her own ... I am going to miss my best friend, wife ... and all the great times we had together and only hope that we can remain friends.. I will miss her companionship the most. and hearing her sweet voice that I loved so much... holding her in my arms was always the best feeling in the world.. good by my dear sweet wife ..Windy
my river trips will not be the same with out you
I will always love you .. Bobby

Riverratrob

Reaction score
Uhh Wow sorry to hear that man good luck to both of you!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Although no one can say anything to make it feel better. you know your friends are here for you whenever you need us.
________
Toyota az engine history

Last edited:

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Very sad. Since I've been hangin on the boards I've heard so much of you 2. I'm so sorry. Life sure does throw us some curves sometimes. Hope you have family and friends to help.

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
We are so saddened to hear this for the both of you.....

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Bobby,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Dave and I were really hoping that you guys would work everything out. We love you both and if either of you ever needs someone to talk to we're always here for you.

Try to keep your spirits up....

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
Bobby, I was hoping this thread was not about this! :( I am so sorry you guys cannot work this out. You know we are all here for you.

We love you Booby! And are just a phone call away. ;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Bobby,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Dave and I were really hoping that you guys would work everything out. We love you both and if either of you ever needs someone to talk to we're always here for you.

Try to keep your spirits up....
Exactly, you and Windy are both all our firends....and both can count on support from us, no question.

mike37

100% American
Reaction score
sorry to hear that you two seemed very happy together

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Dam. Sorry hear to that Bobby. You've still got your friends bud. We're here for you.
________
X2s

Last edited:

Andy01

Reaction score
Sorry for the both of you and I wish you a speedy recovery,

Andy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear it Bobby. :( If you need anything don't hesitate to give me a call. (That goes for both of you)

RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sad......

Stay strong and do what you need to do to take care of yourself.:beer

It's never easy putting 110% into something only to find out the other person wants 150%.

Your a tremendous person that would do anything for a friend. Hopefully Windy finds out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side before it's too late.:hmm:(

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So sorry to read this. As stated, divorce sucks and there are no winners unless you are the attorney.

Topless

Reaction score
Sad......

Stay strong and do what you need to do to take care of yourself.:beer

It's never easy putting 110% into something only to find out the other person wants 150%.

Your a tremendous person that would do anything for a friend. Hopefully Windy finds out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side before it's too late.:hmm:(
We don't know that Windy wants 150%, we don't know that Bobby gave 110%. All we know is that it seems that this relationship isn't working out. I'm very sorry to hear this news but come on people, don't lay blame, not now and not ever. They are both great people and maybe just not the right timing, Hell, I don't know but let's not judge.
Again, I'm sorry you guys are having to go through this.

Miss Perfect

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this. I wish you both the best and hope that you both find happiness. It's always hard to read threads like this :(

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We don't know that Windy wants 150%, we don't know that Bobby gave 110%. All we know is that it seems that this relationship isn't working out. I'm very sorry to hear this news but come on people, don't lay blame, not now and not ever. They are both great people and maybe just not the right timing, Hell, I don't know but let's not judge.
Again, I'm sorry you guys are having to go through this.

There is nothing in my post pointing fingers. Divorce is sad for all parties involved.

Personally I probably wouldn't post this information on a public forum because no good can come from it. :(

I wish them luck wether it be together or seperate.:)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Sorry to read this.
Hope it works out.
Would wish how you feel on anyone.

Topless

Reaction score
There is nothing in my post pointing fingers. Divorce is sad for all parties involved.

Personally I probably wouldn't post this information on a public forum because no good can come from it. :(

I wish them luck wether it be together or seperate.:)
Well, you did insinuate it by saying that you hoped Windy would find out that the grass isn't greener. Sorry if I took it wrong.

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
I cant tell you how sad I am .. but we both gave all.. untill she came home unhappy from kuwait.. and now she dos not want to be married anymore.... and has stoped working on US.. she is so very upset about being injured ,,and not finishing her deployment... Windy has talked to her other friends from the navy, and they will tell her what she want s hear... nothing about working on her marriage.... witch really sucks because if they were truly her friends they would have suggested to work on her marriage.. and not be selfish. two lives are shattered.. I know that I gave everything I had to give and never asked for anything in return other than her love..

Fourspeednup

Reaction score
I feel for both of you, this sucks to hear.

Bobby check your PM's in a minute

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I posted in an earlier thread that I considered myself to be a " lurker " of sorts here on this board. While I don't have personal contact with all of you, I did always check your posts to see how that girl Windy was doing. I got out of the Army in 1969 and when I came home, I was NOT the same person,........ shitty things happen in a war zone that can distort one's perception of what REALLY matters. Give her some time & space, right now she's felling VERY disconnected having left her "other" family under the circumstances she left in. Just my 2 cents worth. Hope you guy's can work it out.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Bobby AND Windy - Both of you are great folks, we are sorry for the path your relationship has taken and hope it is but a bump in the road. Please call on us if there is anything we can do - listen, tell stories, drink beer (or patron :rolleyes:). Things have a way of working out for the better, whatever that is for each of you.

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
I posted in an earlier thread that I considered myself to be a " lurker " of sorts here on this board. While I don't have personal contact with all of you, I did always check your posts to see how that girl Windy was doing. I got out of the Army in 1969 and when I came home, I was NOT the same person,........ shitty things happen in a war zone that can distort one's perception of what REALLY matters. Give her some time & space, right now she's felling VERY disconnected having left her "other" family under the circumstances she left in. Just my 2 cents worth. Hope you guy's can work it out.

thank you ....... I hope so to ,I will always love windy

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Sucks to hear Bobby. Try to give her some space and just separate for awhile if possible. Divorce is not always something to dive right into. Some time may be all that's necessary. Maybe, maybe not depending on what's wrong.

One thing in life that is for sure. Shit happens. Sometimes people just change. Keep your head up and you will get through it. All you can do is your best.

I feel bad for you both. What happened with Windy in Kuwait has to be very difficult for her.

Windy

Reaction score
Personally I probably wouldn't post this information on a public forum

I agree, this is a private matter. I hope that you all can understand that this is a difficult time for the both of us and can respect that. It is my hope that Bobby and I can remain friends when its all said and done; therefore I dont wish to comment on this.

Topless

Reaction score
I agree, this is a private matter. I hope that you all can understand that this is a difficult time for the both of us and can respect that. It is my hope that Bobby and I can remain friends when its all said and done; therefore I dont wish to comment on this.
You're in my thoughts and prayers girlie.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
M here...........:(

I'm so sorry hunny ..............u know we are here for you day or night..........at all hours!!!!!!!!!! Just give us a call and we will be there.......our door is always open to you!!!!!!

Love you sweetie...

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Divorce sucks, best of luck to the two of you... :(

Desertgirl

Reaction score
Bobby and Windy, sorry to hear abou this. it really sucks for eveybody. :(

GHT

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news and I wish nothing but the best for both of you. The Military and Time appart due to deployment can be very destructive. Liana and I barely made it, ourselves when I spent a year in Korea. I saw Many many many families split during that year.

Everyone remember to take the "high road" and lean on your friends. THis is the time friends will pay off for both of you.

Don

little rowe boat

IAFF local 1067
Reaction score
Very sad. This is very common when one spouse is in the military and the other a civilian. It takes it's toll on marriages.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
My heart is broken....
after 3 great years of being with Windy. and because of her head is all screwed up from being in Kuwait, she now has told me that she was not ready to be married, and wants to be on her own... she has informed me today that she has an appointment with a navy paralegal, to divorce me...
this comes as a huge let down and a major heart break.. as most of our friends know that she has not been happy about the way she came home and for breaking her leg while serving...
We have had a great 3 years together, and now she has told me that I have an anger issue... humm I guess that I was not allowed to get up set at times...
I really do love Windy and I have done everything for her and her daughter, over the last 3 years, from buying her daughter a car because her dad would not, to paying for her to go to school, as well as help windy out every day making sure she had money in her pocket, to loving her to no end... and we enjoyed many many great river trips, and riding trips,, with our friends.. so .. It really saddens me to say good by to her, and our relationship... she now wants to be on her own ... I am going to miss my best friend, wife ... and all the great times we had together and only hope that we can remain friends.. I will miss her companionship the most. and hearing her sweet voice that I loved so much... holding her in my arms was always the best feeling in the world.. good by my dear sweet wife ..Windy
my river trips will not be the same with out you
I will always love you .. Bobby

I am in shock!! One way or another, everything will work out for the better. The only advise I could give is I would keep this under my hat. Its not everyone's business. You guys are both great. If nothing is resolved, you can still cherish the time that you did spend together and keep it as simple as that. There will be hard times ahead as far as emotions are concerned. Just know that these emotions are completely normal. It is normal to feel lost, dissapointed, jealous, and sad. Know these feelings are completely normal and are going to strike no matter what. Roll with the punches and go on with life.

Good luck to both of you :)

knuckle head

Reaction score

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle

Personally I probably wouldn't post this information on a public forum.

I have to say I disagree with this to some extent. Why was it ok for Bobby to post all the good things that happened to him over the last 3 years of his life? Almost everything he talked about was how wonderful Windy was and how much he loved her. (As a community we were happy) Then it turned to how sad he was and how much he was going to miss her (As a community were sad) Now that things are not good we don't want to let him post it :confused: sorry I disagree this relationship was born and raised on these forums and as much as I Pray for a miracle that it can be saved if it can't I feel he has the right to express his feelings. (As a community we can now support)

Flame away.