WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well I guess it’s that time.. Diesel

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I just bought my first diesel truck on Friday can't believe went this long missing out. trucks an absolute monster [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I used to laugh when guys would argue about who’s gas truck did this or that better. Didn’t even matter the make or model. Lol

I never planned on selling my last Cummins.
But alas, it happened.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
This was a tell. Now we all know what color toon you will be going with. I always wanted to see an egg fry on a black one. Nicely done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nice looking truck Dave

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Nice truck congrats! Now slam that fucker and buy a black toon to match. Ceramic coat the whole program. Everyone will learn real quick that you don't touch the outside of the toon or the truck. Plus is no fingerprints.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
0a441483584b7fbc3f7d6a0d96d98ba9.jpg

franky

Reaction score
This was a tell. Now we all know what color toon you will be going with. I always wanted to see an egg fry on a black one. Nicely done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, fuck practicality, just go for the look! LOL

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Very nice RD!! I haven't h!d a diesel for about 7 years. I think I will get another one later this year. Probably a dually.

Sent From Tapatalk

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
If diesels are so awesome, how come nobody on here brags about their Diesel Boat? :p

Nice ride Dave... regardless of propulsion.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Nice! Congrats. I have the 2016 F-250 and absolutely love it.

sintax

Reaction score
I think its sweet as is. Maybe a little lift if you want to upgrade the stance a bit, or put a little bigger tire under it. I'm not a huge fan of lifted trucks that are work trucks. It just totally defeats the whole purpose of having a truck. If you want something that you're just gonna do some offroading in, or only take to the mall, sure lift it and make it ridiculous. If you want to make the truck work, i'd leave it as close to stock as possible. You ever seen someone try to get a big fridge into the back of a lifted truck?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of lifted trucks that are work trucks. It just totally defeats the whole purpose of having a truck.

We’re talking about RD...what is this “work” that you speak of? [emoji12][emoji4][emoji1787][emoji90]

Edit: typo
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I'd double limo tint that sunroof though...

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Nice truck, I got a 2016 Platinum F250...get the Pedal Commander, it really helps correct the turbo lag on these trucks...made a total difference on mine
IMG_20200124_203157_729.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dually. Lariat or Platinum if i recall was 84k new. I will ask. Nice rig will tow 30k lbs.

It’s a 350 platinum, I’m not sure what it was new, the previous owner it was up in that area though.. lol. The electric bed cover was like 1700 bucks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think its sweet as is. Maybe a little lift if you want to upgrade the stance a bit, or put a little bigger tire under it. I'm not a huge fan of lifted trucks that are work trucks. It just totally defeats the whole purpose of having a truck. If you want something that you're just gonna do some offroading in, or only take to the mall, sure lift it and make it ridiculous. If you want to make the truck work, i'd leave it as close to stock as possible. You ever seen someone try to get a big fridge into the back of a lifted truck?

This isn’t a work truck just a daily driver.. I won’t lift it.

The only reason I wouldn’t lower it is because I go off-roading a bit to go shooting out in the desert a lot. And I don’t want to have to take my sxs every time I go shooting.

so far I’ve driven it a total of one mile so I haven’t determined how it rides or if it needs any kinda suspension mods.
@EL PROPO read off a laundry list of shit I need to do already. Lol. I’m thinking stock works, maybe some wheels down the road

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

The only reason I wouldn’t lower it is because I go off-roading a bit to go shooting out in the desert a lot. And I don’t want to have to take my sxs every time I go shooting.

so far I’ve driven it a total of one mile so I haven’t determined how it rides or if it needs any kinda suspension mods.
@EL PROPO read off a laundry list of shit I need to do already. Lol. I’m thinking stock works, maybe some wheels down the road

Danny Bell's Platinum was liking being in a Lexus with bed on the back. Towed the race trailer with Priceless in it, like is wasn't even back there. Can't see why yours would be any different.

His was bone stock. 👍

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Leave it alone RD and enjoy it.
Will resell better stock in most cases.
Save the bux on pussin it out for another project, bet you already have a few in mind.👍

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Very nice :) We sold the JK and bought a Chevy Colorado Bison (diesel) last year (which we love) and are currently having the same issue regarding boats/trailers.

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

My BIL just got a 2020 Lariat F350 none dually. He got it at a fleet dealer and it was 80k. I would assume the dually platinum version is probably 90k+

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice truck, I got a 2016 Platinum F250...get the Pedal Commander, it really helps correct the turbo lag on these trucks...made a total difference on mine View attachment 894421

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
FYI - "Pedal Commander" will be displaying at the 2020 Sand-Water-RV Expo for the first time, November 20-21 at Lake Havasu State Park. They have also donated one of their units as first prize for the winner of the "Coolest Off-Road Whip" Show & Shine on Saturday.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
FYI - "Pedal Commander" will be displaying at the 2020 Sand-Water-RV Expo for the first time, November 20-21 at Lake Havasu State Park. They have also donated one of their units as first prize for the winner of the "Coolest Off-Road Whip" Show & Shine on Saturday.

Sounds like I’ll be getting one for free. :D

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Now you’ve got a diesel, delete that puppy and add a 150-200 hp tune to it and you’ll never look back.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The entertaining thing is that I am going the exact opposite direction. I sold the dually a week ago and am now shopping for an F150. When I sold the cabover, I didn't need that much truck. The heaviest thing I tow is my boat at about 7500. My Explorer Sport is only rated for 5k. The Jayco is rated for almost anything.

spectras only

Reaction score
If diesels are so awesome, how come nobody on here brags about their Diesel Boat? :p

Nice ride Dave... regardless of propulsion.
Bought my boat from a friend who was a Merc mechanic. He had the pair of 300HP diesels on loan from Mercruiser. He had to give them back to Merc and installed the 6.2 MPI's in the boat that I still have. My drives are the B1 X diesel drives still. My boat was running 71 mph on GPS with the diesels, my best speed so far was 76 MPH with the 6.2"s

The clean looking diesels in my boat >
12001sidneypokerrun016-med.jpg

The not so clean looking 6.2's
1593581758991.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The entertaining thing is that I am going the exact opposite direction. I sold the dually a week ago and am now shopping for an F150. When I sold the cabover, I didn't need that much truck. The heaviest thing I tow is my boat at about 7500. My Explorer Sport is only rated for 5k. The Jayco is rated for almost anything.

Im selling my f150 if your interested.. Truck is flawless, and one of the nicest driving trucks you are going to find out there..

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Im selling my f150 if your interested.. Truck is flawless, and one of the nicest driving trucks you are going to find out there..
Well Dave, send me what it is. Year, miles, trim, send me the details...… Also what you think its worth.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well Dave, send me what it is. Year, miles, trim, send me the details...… Also what you think its worth.

13 F150 Lariat XLT I believe. Has the heated / AC seats / wood trim and the back up camera is in the mirror. 91k (no issues runs perfect). Been told it’s worth 18-19.. RDP special 16, or I’ll list it for retail.

has the camper shell (which I’ll never go without some kinda bed cover again.. so much better).
Rims tires..

This is the most recent picture I have of it.

57710603-DF88-433D-9609-9D97BCD93073.jpeg

Mikes56

Reaction score
The only thing you won't like about your dually is having to wash it yourself because it won't go through a car wash. Or paying $50 for a hand wash. Minor details after you tow big with it the first time.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Last year we went and looked at toy haulers and said “can’t pull any of these”. This summer we looked at boats and “can’t pull that”

I have had half ton SUV’s and trucks my entire life with no interest in stepping up to a diesel. With the size of our family though, that same sentence keeps popping up over and over so I decided to solve that problem once and for all. Lol

the new Family truckster.. 2016 F350 Platinum. Bought if off an rdp member / re customer. Truck looks new!

my f150 is flawless and a really nice truck. I’m going to be Selling it in a couple weeks.

View attachment 894097 View attachment 894098 View attachment 894099 View attachment 894100
Really nice rig

outboard_256

Reaction score
congrats on joining the diesel club. You won't be missing the gas. It just feels so much more like a truck with the diesel, can't really explain it.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The only thing you won't like about your dually is having to wash it yourself because it won't go through a car wash. Or paying $50 for a hand wash. Minor details after you tow big with it the first time.
That's why Dave got the spot free RO rinse system!

Tank

Reaction score
You put a set of 24" rims / tires on it and I bet that will satisfy you for a while. It will completely change the look of the truck even when everything else is stock.

Oh, and congrats on the purchase! I was really happy to get back into a diesel again when we bought Andys.