WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well, it's my turn......

badgas

Reaction score
We have had guys re-test within the same week and the second has come back negative more often than not.

Yeah the testing is so loose. I have a buddy who is nurse and said the testing is so off they were doing a " best of three " with tests is his hosptial to make the determination.

Joker

Reaction score
Honeybee declined me on PushHealth.

Mexico is honestly the only viable option at this point unless someone has an "in" with a local pharm.

That's strange as Honeybee had mine ready to go until somehow or another I got a script at CVS and Sav On at the same time from Push Health. The only difference was the one at CVS included a bottle of fluvoxamine(that I did not request) which is also being used now to treat Covid. So I now have 2 different possible treatments.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Couldn’t read the 4 pages but hope you feel better. Drink lots of fluids Gatorade and water. Take a shit ton of vitamin c beauty part is whatever you don’t absorb you will piss out. You need any advice or have questions pm me. Make sure you eat it’s hard with no smell or taste. If you have shortness of breath consider medical attention ASAP. Get well soon dude!

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Took a short nap and woke up with no smell. Wife brought home In-N-Out, might be my last meal that I can taste for awhile.

It was good 👍👍

Keep eating! I lost 20 lbs quick.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
As others have said, stay as active as is reasonable, drink plenty of fluids with electrolytes like Gatorade or Pedialyte. Gargle with Listerine, use Zicam and vitamin C. Get good sleep, melatonin not only helps with sleeping soundly but there is some antidotal evidence that it can be helpful with fighting the virus.
Best of luck to you and we will pray for a speedy recovery.

JBS

Reaction score
Both of my daughters got it this weekend. They live 1000 miles apart, and haven't seen each other in 2 years. I'm a nervous Nellie, but both are just taking it in stride and both feel like it is just flu symptoms, but the blood tests revealed it was in fact the "Vid."

Good luck, and hope you get over this quick 4 Waters!

Sorry to hear this. Age is one of the best treatments for covid.

I was not aware there was a blood test to detect active covid.

Joker

Reaction score
It's the DR who sets the dosage? They just fill the damn order.....someone is fucking with you.

The dose on the script between SavOn and CVS was completely different on mine even though they both came from Push Health.

Hammer

Reaction score
It's the DR who sets the dosage? They just fill the damn order.....someone is fucking with you.

[emoji2369]she’s my primary and wouldn’t give it to me. WTF am I supposed to do?

I then asked if I get COVID again what should I do? She said, “do whet you did the last time.”

4 waters. Sorry for the Thread jack. Keep us posted on how your doing daily!

Get well soon. You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
[emoji2369]she’s my primary and wouldn’t give it to me. WTF am I supposed to do?

I then asked if I get COVID again what should I do? She said, “do whet you did the last time.”

4 waters. Sorry for the Thread jack. Keep us posted on how your doing daily!

Get well soon. You got this!

No problem, your guys conversation is enlightening, it has somewhat to do with what I am going through, probably won't be able to get it anyways. I have a friend that has lupis and was prescribed HCQ but she never took it because of how it made her feel. I called her to see if she could get it for me and I guess since she hasn't filled the prescription in a few years they pulled it, now she can't get it🤬

havasujeeper

Reaction score
So, how are you feeling? Better, worse? Getting good air/breathing?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We just got home from the hospital, my wife had a bad day. She’s been re-hydrated, all her labs run and they felt she could continue to recover at home. Earlier tonight she was so dehydrated she didn’t know what day it was and couldn’t walk into the ER. Her doctor was worried about organ failure and told her to go in. She is on day 12, they felt that she had two more days to go and then she would turn the corner and improvedaily and that everything was progressing as they felt it should based on the timelines that they have been seeing with others.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We just got home from the hospital, my wife had a bad day. She’s been re-hydrated, all her labs run and they felt she could continue to recover at home. Earlier tonight she was so dehydrated she didn’t know what day it was and couldn’t walk into the ER. Her doctor was worried about organ failure and told her to go in. She is on day 12, they felt that she had two more days to go and then she would turn the corner and improvedaily and that everything was progressing as they felt it should based on the timelines that they have been seeing with others.

Wow!!! Sorry to her of het struggle. I hope that they are right and 2 more days and she turns the corner to recovery. You guys take care!!!

4Waters

Reaction score
So, how are you feeling? Better, worse? Getting good air/breathing?
Had a fever take a run at me at about 8pm, took advil but it was very slow to break the fever. I was shivering (creating more heat) uncontrollable ended up having to bundle up until I stopped shivering then unbundle slowly and keep myself on the verge of shivering, took about 3 hours to finally break it. I waited too long to take advil, won't happen again I'm awake right now waiting for 1am to take the next round.

Pulse ox looks good 98% I did 2 runs on the elliptical today at a 1/2 mile each and had zero respiratory issues with that. I'll do the same thing every day.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

Damn, that’s scary. Start tracking that water for her. Gotta force it down.

Hammer

Reaction score
Had a fever take a run at me at about 8pm, took advil but it was very slow to break the fever. I was shivering (creating more heat) uncontrollable ended up having to bundle up until I stopped shivering then unbundle slowly and keep myself on the verge of shivering, took about 3 hours to finally break it. I waited too long to take advil, won't happen again I'm awake right now waiting for 1am to take the next round.

Pulse ox looks good 98% I did 2 runs on the elliptical today at a 1/2 mile each and had zero respiratory issues with that. I'll do the same thing every day.

Are you finding that running exercising makes a difference in recovery? Even with fatigue?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Very tough reading these. I’m happy you guys are but damn.
if you guys and girl need anything obviously reach out on here.
someone on RDP lives near you, I’m sure we can help
I’m in downtown LA and go from here to SD. Lake every few weeks

4Waters

Reaction score
Are you finding that running exercising makes a difference in recovery? Even with fatigue?

IDK if it helps with recovery because it kicks my ass energy wise but what I am trying to do with it is keep pneumonia away. Normal breathing you are only using the top 1/2 if your lungs, when you exert yourself you breath heavier and deeper using full tidal volume of your lungs. It's the same concept as getting hip replacement patients up and walking same day.

Taboma

Reaction score
IDK if it helps with recovery because it kicks my ass energy wise but what I am trying to do with it is keep pneumonia away. Normal breathing you are only using the top 1/2 if your lungs, when you exert yourself you breath heavier and deeper using full tidal volume of your lungs. It's the same concept as getting hip replacement patients up and walking same day.

Had a friend send me this YouTube link to Gary Craig's constricted breathing techniques, for improving and maintaining lung function.

Gary Craig on the Constricted Breathing Technique - YouTube

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My wife had covid back in mid March of this year and it took a toll on her. Luckily she never had to go to ER but boy at times I thought we were going. Her immune systems is very week and has always been most her life. Even if she would get a common cold she'd be down for a week.
It's been 5 month now and her taste/smell is only about 50% prior covid.

Hang in there Dan, you got this!

FishSniper

Reaction score
Was exactly 14 days from when my brothers fever hit till he turned the corner so hopefully your wife will turn the corner here very shortly.

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty good this morning, still tired AF though but best I have felt in since Saturday.

My doctor just called and is willing to be a little proactive here. I can't be on an oral steroid as I suffer from extreme steroidal rage it's listed as an allergy in my chart, I told him that if I get to that point their nursing staff will be dealing with me not my wife, he agreed and prescribed an inhaler.

gqchris

Reaction score

Walt, Dave has some Ivermectin he got a few weeks back. I would at least try that to see if it helps. This sounds really scary especially since she just had the IV a few days back.

copterzach

Reaction score
image-2021-08-24-11:17:03-114.jpg

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Order one of these it will help your expand your lungs and exercise them. There was an write up recently contradicting the ivermectin use but I couldn’t find it. I’ve yet to see anyone treated with it.
3CF5ABB9-D358-46B5-8834-15E4B84FDBA8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

4Waters

Reaction score
This taste thing is weird. I can barely taste toothpaste and mouth wash and I mean barely, wife brought me a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's for lunch, I could taste the spice barely but nothing else, could not taste the onion or tomato nothing else. She made pasta with alfredo sauce for dinner and it was like eating salt. I absolutely can't smell a thing.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Order one of these it will help your expand your lungs and exercise them. There was an write up recently contradicting the ivermectin use but I couldn’t find it. I’ve yet to see anyone treated with it.
LOL... I was gonna post this device...

It helps to clear up your lungs... I was required to use this during my hospital stay from lung surgery....

IT HELPS!!!!

PS, many different types of devices to choose from...

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
This taste thing is weird. I can barely taste toothpaste and mouth wash and I mean barely, wife brought me a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's for lunch, I could taste the spice barely but nothing else, could not taste the onion or tomato nothing else. She made pasta with alfredo sauce for dinner and it was like eating salt. I absolutely can't smell a thing.
Eat LIVER... im sure that will regenerate your taste buds...LOL

DarkJuJu

Reaction score

The weird taste lasts a while, the over-pronounced salt taste in everything I had, but never lost my taste or smell. Ended up drinking a lot of Kombucha and sucking on winter green mints.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Look online there are alot of water bottles that you can link to your phone that will send you reminders to drink and keeps track of your water intake. I know it sounds weird and the only reason I know about them is my buddy was on some weird diet that his doctor put him on and suggested using one. He is now done with the diet but always has his cup around, even if he has a beer in his hand.

I would think this would help alot with this scenario and keeping hydrated🤷🏻‍♂️