WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well, it's my turn......

4Waters

Reaction score
Look online there are alot of water bottles that you can link to your phone that will send you reminders to drink and keeps track of your water intake. I know it sounds weird and the only reason I know about them is my buddy was on some weird diet that his doctor put him on and suggested using one. He is now done with the diet but always has his cup around, even if he has a beer in his hand.

I would think this would help alot with this scenario and keeping hydrated🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm actually really good about hydration, right now I'm drinking about 5-6 of these a day. This is number 5 my not finish number 6 today.

20210824_192459.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This taste thing is weird. I can barely taste toothpaste and mouth wash and I mean barely, wife brought me a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's for lunch, I could taste the spice barely but nothing else, could not taste the onion or tomato nothing else. She made pasta with alfredo sauce for dinner and it was like eating salt. I absolutely can't smell a thing.

I gotta get me a case of Vid. I have been choking down my wife’s cooking for 30 years. I need to lessen the taste for my sanity. :looking:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Feel fine but can't sleep, cabin fever I think. I did have some abdominal discomfort earlier, couple big farts all better 👍👍

I once was on steroids because of having a case of Bell’s Palsy. I could not sleep for the life of me. I was up pacing for a couple of days. It was the craziest thing I have experienced. I hope that your able to get some sleep to help with recovery.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
There is a woman on Youtube Princess RV or something like that. She is the most long winded and boring talker I think I have ever heard on video before. She would put me to sleep in 2 seconds doing her RV reviews.

DBMX

Reaction score
These are always tough to hear/read. Hope you continue to improve and get better.

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, finally fell back asleep a little after 5 and slept pretty good until 7:30. Woke up with some discomfort in my right ear and both ears feel like there is water in them and noise is muffled. Pretty sure I have ear infections starting, I already have a call into my doctor.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well, finally fell back asleep a little after 5 and slept pretty good until 7:30. Woke up with some discomfort in my right ear and both ears feel like there is water in them and noise is muffled. Pretty sure I have ear infections starting, I already have a call into my doctor.

Just out of curiosity how did younger diagnoses with roid Rage? Any kinda steroid affects you like that?

4Waters

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how did younger diagnoses with roid Rage? Any kinda steroid affects you like that?
Oral Prednisone is the main one they give for respiratory patients. That is the only one I have had. The last and only time I have had it was 6 year's ago and my wife damn near left me. I was day 3 into a 6 day prescription when my mom (RN) stopped by and recognized the issue. It's a drug that you need to be weaned off of or you go through serious withdrawals, once my mom finally got through to me I grabbed the bottle and poured it down the drain. My mom freaked out told me I was going to end up in the hospital with withdrawals, I told her that's for weak people. I cold turkeyed that bitch had a little issue for an hour or so and was normal the next day.

My rage was incredible, my wife and kids were scared I hadn't slept in 3 days but I was a freight train, nothing was going to stop me. I apologized profusely to my family for my actions that I had no control over. Apologized to my mom for dumping the rest of the pills down the drain and scaring her as well. I'll never take it again unless I'm in a hospital, my wife will not have to deal with me again while on that medication.

Edit: I don't know if any others would effect me like that but at least I now know what to look for.

Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Oral Prednisone is the main one they give for respiratory patients. That is the only one I have had. The last and only time I have had it was 6 year's ago and my wife damn near left me. I was day 3 into a 6 day prescription when my mom (RN) stopped by and recognized the issue. It's a drug that you need to be weaned off of or you go through serious withdrawals, once my mom finally got through to me I grabbed the bottle and poured it down the drain. My mom freaked out told me I was going to end up in the hospital with withdrawals, I told her that's for weak people. I cold turkeyed that bitch had a little issue for an hour or so and was normal the next day.

My rage was incredible, my wife and kids were scared I hadn't slept in 3 days but I was a freight train, nothing was going to stop me. I apologized profusely to my family for my actions that I had no control over. Apologized to my mom for dumping the rest of the pills down the drain and scaring her as well. I'll never take it again unless I'm in a hospital, my wife will not have to deal with me again while on that medication.

Edit: I don't know if any others would effect me like that but at least I now know what to look for.
Very interesting, my wife uses a steroid based inhaler, that might explain a lot.

gqchris

Reaction score
I was always under the impression that
Corticosteroids vs Anabolic Steroids were two different things entirely.

I have been on Test, for TRT, and never once felt angry or short tempered. I was not taking BodyBuilding levels though either.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

What the hell kind of prednisone were you on. I've had to take it several times when I worked for a reforestation company. Burning units of poison oak, ivy and sumac. Got it so bad a few times that they gave a shot to get it started then 2 weeks worth of pills. Yes I had to ween myself of but that was for body, immune system shock. Never once did it keep me from sleeping or alter my mood. Only thing it did was loss of appetite.

4Waters

Reaction score
What the hell kind of prednisone were you on. I've had to take it several times when I worked for a reforestation company. Burning units of poison oak, ivy and sumac. Got it so bad a few times that they gave a shot to get it started then 2 weeks worth of pills. Yes I had to ween myself of but that was for body, immune system shock. Never once did it keep me from sleeping or alter my mood. Only thing it did was loss of appetite.
Standard prescription, it's rare but some people suffer from roid rage while on it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hoping to hear good news from Walt today too.
Thank you for asking, today is day number 13 and she is starting to make progress. She gets out of bed for a few hours to watch TV, minor stuff but then back to napping but she’s turned the corner thankfully. The care at the hospital was great but the worst of it was not being able to be with her. They told me to go out sit in the car and they will call me on the phone with an update. 3 1/2 hours went by before I got that phone call. Having carried her into the emergency room while she was babbling incoherently from dehydration you start fearing the worst. It’s a terrible scenario, people drop off their loved ones, and they don’t see them alive again.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thank you for asking, today is day number 13 and she is starting to make progress. She gets out of bed for a few hours to watch TV, minor stuff but then back to napping but she’s turned the corner thankfully. The care at the hospital was great but the worst of it was not being able to be with her. They told me to go out sit in the car and they will call me on the phone with an update. 3 1/2 hours went by before I got that phone call. Having carried her into the emergency room while she was babbling incoherently from dehydration you start fearing the worst. It’s a terrible scenario, people drop off their loved ones, and they don’t see them alive again.
And she said that she felt far worse than she did during 16 rounds of chemotherapy, but she still says the kid rock concert in Sturgis was worth it.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
liverwurst is yummy.
Always liked a good liverwurst sandwich. Used to be Oscar Mayer in the day but can’t find it often in the islands. Is it still available on the mainland? Gotta check Smith’s and Bashas’ next time

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That is great news!!! You get the RX or the livestock route?

Went RX. But long story short I only could get enough for 1.5 day. Won’t get into politics but the pharmacies are under pressure to no provide it for this use. And my refill came in but they wouldn’t. Release to me. I’m feeling good enough now that I don’t need it. But this is why people are dying, they won’t let you use readily available medicines that already exist.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Went RX. But long story short I only could get enough for 1.5 day. Won’t get into politics but the pharmacies are under pressure to no provide it for this use. And my refill came in but they wouldn’t. Release to me. I’m feeling good enough now that I don’t need it. But this is why people are dying, they won’t let you use readily available medicines that already exist.

Yepp saw that in another thread about the CDC and their agenda. I ask because I have a supply from tractor supply and wanted to know who all has gone that route. I am also amazed at the success others have had so I want to be prepared if needed. Also considering making a rod trip early next week. :dunno:

Joker

Reaction score
Yepp saw that in another thread about the CDC and their agenda. I ask because I have a supply from tractor supply and wanted to know who all has gone that route. I am also amazed at the success others have had so I want to be prepared if needed. Also considering making a rod trip early next week. :dunno:
I don’t understand how you guys are having such a difficult time getting it through push health. I just requested another script yesterday and it’s ready for pick up.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I don’t understand how you guys are having such a difficult time getting it through push health. I just requested another script yesterday and it’s ready for pick up.

I have not tried anything as of yet. It is that there is not a clear path to acquiring and dosage amounts.

traquer

Reaction score
It's cause they're going to CVS like I warned not to, or going to some other deal. Gotta find a local pharmacy that's not corporate controlled

Joker

Reaction score
It's cause they're going to CVS like I warned not to, or going to some other deal. Gotta find a local pharmacy that's not corporate controlled
CVS and SavOn continue to fill mine. No issues

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Prednisone can be a wonder drug. A long course does bring on weight gain. The famous Jerry Lewis developed pulmonary fibrosis, the inability of your lungs to bring sufficient oxygen into your blood stream. With prednisone treatment Lewis gained an extreme amount of weight. But, it saved his life. Believe he lived for at least 10 years after that battle. Our Mom developed the same condition at about the same time. She observed Lewis' weight gain and because of that opted to not try prednisone. She passed a few months later.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Heres how fucked up cv is...i was in downtown LA monday. Stayed in hotel. Masked around town and hotel
I hauled ass home yesterday to go to the padres vs dodgers at petco .
40000 people no masks
Now im back in LA, all masks as i watch the padre game in hotel lobby

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Prednisone can be a wonder drug. A long course does bring on weight gain. The famous Jerry Lewis developed pulmonary fibrosis, the inability of your lungs to bring sufficient oxygen into your blood stream. With prednisone treatment Lewis gained an extreme amount of weight. But, it saved his life. Believe he lived for at least 10 years after that battle. Our Mom developed the same condition at about the same time. She observed Lewis' weight gain and because of that opted to not try prednisone. She passed a few months later.

Sorry to hear about your mom. My father passed last year of this. they said there was a 5 year max after point of diagnosis. I have to ask if he did the prednisone. I am concerned because it can be hereditary.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Heres who fucked up cv is...i was in downtown LA monday. Stayed in hotel. Masked around town and hotel
I hauled ass home yesterday to go to the padres vs dodgers at petco .
40000 people no masks
Now im back in LA, all masks as i watch the padre game in hotel lobby
Lol.

I noticed a few games back the scroll at the bottom of the dodger game saying there policy with masks again. During the 1st game it was scrolling hardly anyone had masks, the next day almost everything had masks say they must be enforcing hard now.

Then the hand list night at Petco and ya, hardly anyone!

At this point there is no reason to try and bring logic to the conversation. Is it makes sense do the opposite and you'll fit right in.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Its crazy
Prednisone, i had a nearly 2 year run on it for heart issues. Never lost the weight. One of those meds where th3 benefits out weigh they side effects.