WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well, it's my turn......

4Waters

Reaction score
Wife and daughter are 60 hours without a fever, 4 people in the house 2 vaxed 2 not 3 got it (2 vaxed 1 not vaxed), all 3 had the same symptoms and it lasted the same duration on all 3.

RCDave

Reaction score
Wife and daughter are 60 hours without a fever, 4 people in the house 2 vaxed 2 not 3 got it (2 vaxed 1 not vaxed), all 3 had the same symptoms and it lasted the same duration on all 3.
Glad to year all are on the mend and OK

4Waters

Reaction score
I talked to the guy that gave it to me last night. Both him and his wife are 65yo neither are vaxed.

They both had fatigue, loss of smell and taste, he had 1 day of fevers, that's it.

My wife and I are vaxed and got hit way harder than the 2 of them and they are in the at risk age group.

@GRADS based on my observation between my wife and I and my unvaxed daughter and my coworker and his wife the vax did absolutely nothing, actually may have made it worse.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I talked to the guy that gave it to me last night. Both him and his wife are 65yo neither are vaxed.

They both had fatigue, loss of smell and taste, he had 1 day of fevers, that's it.

My wife and I are vaxed and got hit way harder than the 2 of them and they are in the at risk age group.

@GRADS based on my observation between my wife and I and my unvaxed daughter and my coworker and his wife the vax did absolutely nothing, actually may have made it worse.
OK, you should have never gotten the Trump shot (vaccine).

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Thanks for the update. That does not surprise me one bit.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Fascinating data points.... help me recall, you said you felt you had covid early on correct? Did you get tested ever for antibodies prior to getting vax? Sorry, can't recall your scenario.... Thanks!

4Waters

Reaction score
Fascinating data points.... help me recall, you said you felt you had covid early on correct? Did you get tested ever for antibodies prior to getting vax? Sorry, can't recall your scenario.... Thanks!
No I did not get tested for antibodies because if you tested positive for antibodies they added another case to the count, they are not doing that now.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
No I did not get tested for antibodies because if you tested positive for antibodies they added another case to the count, they are not doing that now.
Ok thanks for clarification.... your thread has gotten so long I'm trying not to have to search through your earlier postings but going from memory you thought you had contracted covid earlier right? Then later you got vaxed as I recall.... and then post vax you contracted covid again.... do I have that right? Just getting data sorted out so your thread stays informative for us following.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
How/where do you get tested for the antibodies?

4Waters

Reaction score
Ok thanks for clarification.... your thread has gotten so long I'm trying not to have to search through your earlier postings but going from memory you thought you had contracted covid earlier right? Then later you got vaxed as I recall.... and then post vax you contracted covid again.... do I have that right? Just getting data sorted out so your thread stays informative for us following.
Yes I was pretty sure I had it late July - early August 2020, based on my fatigue now I am 99% sure I did have it.

4Waters

Reaction score
The orange trick for taste and smell.

We all tried a lemon straight off the tree in my dad's backyard.

Our first slice had nothing for taste but the rest were sour for my daughter and I, and both of us got our taste and smell back within an hour, a good amount was back the next day.

My wife did the burnt orange this afternoon and she had some taste and smell back within an hour, actually while she was eating it she started to smell the burnt orange peel.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
The orange trick for taste and smell.

We all tried a lemon straight off the tree in my dad's backyard.

Our first slice had nothing for taste but the rest were sour for my daughter and I, and both of us got our taste and smell back within an hour, a good amount was back the next day.

My wife did the burnt orange this afternoon and she had some taste and smell back within an hour, actually while she was eating it she started to smell the burnt orange peel.
Have you tried the "listerine" mouthwash theory mentioned here on RDP recently?

HitIt

Reaction score
So just to clarify you, your daughter, and your wife all did the orange deal? Then tried the lemon? If so, that is so awesome!

4Waters

Reaction score
So just to clarify you, your daughter, and your wife all did the orange deal? Then tried the lemon? If so, that is so awesome!
No, lemon (raw straight off the tree) first and it worked for my daughter and I but not my wife, I took a bite of the burnt orange and brown sugar just to see what it tasted like, it wasn't bad at all.

HitIt

Reaction score
No, lemon (raw straight off the tree) first and it worked for my daughter and I but not my wife, I took a bite of the burnt orange and brown sugar just to see what it tasted like, it wasn't bad at all.
Roger. Well, glad to hear that it seemed to work for your wife. If it worked and wasn't just a coincidence that is awesome. But either way, glad to hear that you all appear to be on the mend. I have really appreciated your openness on the journey.

4Waters

Reaction score
Roger. Well, glad to hear that it seemed to work for your wife. If it worked and wasn't just a coincidence that is awesome. But either way, glad to hear that you all appear to be on the mend. I have really appreciated your openness on the journey.
Glad you enjoyed it, I figured it would be very informational for people and hopefully help in others recovery. To be honest I only had 1 truly bad day and that was Tuesday the 24th and most of that was caused by pressure in my ears causing pain and dizziness.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Good data.... keep em coming RDPers. Looks like bulk of folks who vaccinated will next be trending towards boosters shortly so we'll keep this informational thread updated.

Bear Down

Reaction score
How/where do you get tested for the antibodies?

Red Cross.. But you have to give blood to get the test. I did it mid summer 2020 figured I would have antibodies since I was really sick in January.. I was negative and not I get 10k calls a month from the red cross.. LOL

dribble

Reaction score

Our experience was completely opposite. I had my first vax 25 days before symptoms. My GF didn’t. She was sick as a dog for ten days. She almost went to the hospital last Tuesday. I felt like I had a mild cold for three days and then it was over.