WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well my life is about to change

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Talk about nervous! Here I sit waiting on my first to be born. My wife went into labor an hour ago. I have spent the last 14 years in the field as a paramedic and i have never been so nervous. I feel like a whore in church!
20191231_143555.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
That feeling will go away quickly. You will soon realize you are in the exact place you are supposed to be.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
New Year's Eve Baby! Awesome! Congrats Crickett!! :D

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Congrats!!I! I was in that position 6 months ago but it feels like yesterday enjoy every moment you can it's a fun ride from here

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
A memory you will never forget. ( if you get your ass in there). My youngest is 24 and this thread just made them all feel like yesterday. Congratulations. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Congrats!!! It seems just like yesterday with my two. But one was 6+ year ago and the other was 10. Time will fly from this day forward. Sit back and enjoy!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Enjoy this time and the years to come. They will go FAST!!!! Our son is 24 as well. The early years are hard physically the latter one mentally. The early years kids are so much fun and then they become teenagers. Then as the mid 20s come they start to realize how much they appreciate the efforts of the parents.

Do you know if boy or girl or the name?

By the way from this point on your will now be known as “Dad” or “Johnny’s Jane’s or who ever’s Dad. LOL

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Talk about nervous! Here I sit waiting on my first to be born. My wife went into labor an hour ago. I have spent the last 14 years in the field as a paramedic and i have never been so nervous. I feel like a whore in church! View attachment 829865

Congrats !!

Once the baby is here...you will find that you have NEVER loved anyone, like you will love your child.

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Congratulations! Always a good day when it’s the wife and not the girlfriend

Undersoul02

Reaction score
Congratulations! Truly will be one of the best days of your life!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
This whole thing was your fault.:D
Lol, no kidding. When the anesthesiologist wss doing the epidural i tried to help with couching the breathing, she barked at me an even the dr jumped. He comes in to check on me more then her.

Meh, no big deal, its all part of the ride

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Enjoy this time and the years to come. They will go FAST!!!! Our son is 24 as well. The early years are hard physically the latter one mentally. The early years kids are so much fun and then they become teenagers. Then as the mid 20s come they start to realize how much they appreciate the efforts of the parents.

Do you know if boy or girl or the name?

By the way from this point on your will now be known as “Dad” or “Johnny’s Jane’s or who ever’s Dad. LOL
Its a boy, we decided on Cole. She agreed to it then asked where i came up with the name, i told her cole boats was my inspiration. She wasnt surprised

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lol, i will help out with the comfort. Not sure i want to be down south to see my amusement park get burned down!

Congratulations!
It's not like that at all, it's more like a miracle.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Congratulations!
It's not like that at all, it's more like a miracle.
It definitely is, in my career i have delivered 6. Its more of her not feeling self conscious if im down there rootin around

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It definitely is, in my career i have delivered 6. Its more of her not feeling self conscious if im down there rootin around

As if you haven't already, lol.:p:D
I had apprehensions too but it was truly a gift.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Lol, i will help out with the comfort. Not sure i want to be down south to see my amusement park get burned down!

Definitely stay topside! I held the oxygen, kept my mouth shut, stayed calm and cut the cord! Only 17 min of actual push and out. Her doctor turns the pain meds down so patient can feel contractions to push.

Also don't make jokes about her crapping everywhere haha. My wife didn't thank god!

Reactions: DWC

johnnyC

Reaction score
enjoy the ride because soon enough you will turn around and be amazed on how fast your life went by!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Definitely stay topside! I held the oxygen, kept my mouth shut, stayed calm and cut the cord! Only 17 min of actual push and out. Her doctor turns the pain meds down so patient can feel contractions to push.

Also don't make jokes about her crapping everywhere haha. My wife didn't thank god!
Thank god she is another paramedic, she knew the code brown was coming and took care of business ahead of time

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
You never realize your full potential as a human being until you have stewardship of a life that you helped create. Yes your life will change and it will be the most wonderful epic experience of your life. Congratulations.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Its a boy, we decided on Cole. She agreed to it then asked where i came up with the name, i told her cole boats was my inspiration. She wasnt surprised

That is great. From now on your are Dad or Cole’s Dad. LOL

Sherpa

Reaction score
Theres nothing better than raising your children.. Time will fly...
With that being said, here's some pertinent info for you:

your perspective on life is going to change who you are and what is important to you...

You're going to discover that anyone in management or supervisors above you that do not have children are about to possibly become the enemy........

They simply do not comprehend the focus on family..

They might say stupid shit like " well my dog is like my child" type shit...

Except it's not. I'd take a bullet for my kids. I've work countless hours of overtime so my family can enjoy a
Meaningful life. Nobody's dog is as important as your kids....

Good luck, enjoy the ride..

Btw, if you haven't already figured it out yet, everything your wife says is right, and everything you say is wrong.

Lol.

Sherpa

buck35

Reaction score
Congratulations young man ! Our youngest grandchild is now 5....:cool::eek::eek::eek:

Enjoy the ride ,it goes quickly.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Congratulations!
Now hold the F' on, time is no longer the linear deal it has been. Yesterday, or yesteryear:confused:

When my wife hatched our first two, I made my decision not to seriously piss her off again...no pain meds, and ramped on some type of natural nitro. Our 3rd was a smash and grab (C-sec). She said that sucked, the others weren't bad:eek:

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I have been super blessed, i have a really close family that will do anything for each other. I look forward to getting to raise my boy the way my dad raised me and my brother. River time in the summer, desert in the winter, we built numerous custom cars/hot rods/sema trucks, those are all my best memories. My wife is by far the toughest person i know and lets me have some leash. Hell she just let me buy/build a custom 2dr tahoe for my son before he was even born.

I have to say life is good. Work hard, be honest and genuine and some how we will all get it back in the end.

JD D05

Reaction score
This is the most special day you will ever experience. Pace yourself and take in every second.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
No kidding on the midnight deal, this year was a good year for me. I could use the tax help

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Wait till they drink all your blue label and replace it with red congrats on the baby

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Congrats!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Do not go celebrate by going to the bar with a friend even if she’s sound asleep. :)
I agree, just not my style. Although in the past 4 hours i have been through 3/4 can of dip

Reactions: DWC

Icky

Reaction score
Craziest thing I ever saw was that baby coming out:eek: