WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well my life is about to change

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Its a boy, we decided on Cole. She agreed to it then asked where i came up with the name, i told her cole boats was my inspiration. She wasnt surprised

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A son !! Congratulations !!

Get involved in coaching the sports your son is involved with. Even if they weren't your thing. I coached soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and spend every Friday night in the dojo.

KevinR

Reaction score
Enjoy watching the miracle of life appear in front of your eyes.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Talk about nervous! Here I sit waiting on my first to be born. My wife went into labor an hour ago. I have spent the last 14 years in the field as a paramedic and i have never been so nervous. I feel like a whore in church! View attachment 829865

Congrats. You’ll both be fine. Definitely a very surreal experience.

Now......child birth is an EMT skill son. Get in there and deliver him. I delivered both mine. I actually got “yelled at” for talking shop with the doctor.
Also, those force hires and extra shifts will start to hurt more once you have kids and want to be around them. For me it’s a real gut shot. I don’t work as much as I used too.

4Waters

Reaction score
A son !! Congratulations !!

Get involved in coaching the sports your son is involved with. Even if they weren't your thing. I coached soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and spend every Friday night in the dojo.
This^^^^^ I never played football but learned a lot coaching and both of us really enjoy our time on the field together. He is almost 9, it seems like yesterday I was holding him for the first time.

sh3yB9kQ.jpeg.jpg

JYLkGk7w.jpeg.jpg

Here I am having a little pep talk with him, no daddy ball here.
_gtDfB-w.jpeg.jpg

LHCBOY

Reaction score
You got this Dad, my daughter was born 20 years ago at 5:30am tomorrow. Just remember to enjoy it to the fullest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridebig

Reaction score
I will never forget night my son was born. Best and scariest morning of my life. 28 years later still one of my best experiences. Also the birth of my daughter two years and one week later!!! You are a lucky man!

Last edited:

ridebig

Reaction score
Its a boy, we decided on Cole. She agreed to it then asked where i came up with the name, i told her cole boats was my inspiration. She wasnt surprised

Lol that is my son’s middle name! For the same reason. I wanted his first name to be Kurtis because I had a Kurtis runner bottom. Family overruled me...

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Congratulations awesome moment....

BUT ..... you will survive, it is worth the journey, when you hold your first GRANDKID!!!!!!!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Congrats man.......lil booger had to hold off till 2020 huh? :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
No kidding, we were in the running for first kid born in the hospital for 2020, but we were beat by a 5 time mother.

Lol, soooo close, swing and a miss!

Congratulations again sir.:)
Wife's oldest niece shares the January 1st date.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score

Congratulations. If you would of named him "River Dave", you could have been a moderator.

Dog boy

Reaction score
Congrats Chet.Bet your dad is pretty excited also.

1Racerx

Reaction score
Talk about nervous! Here I sit waiting on my first to be born. My wife went into labor an hour ago. I have spent the last 14 years in the field as a paramedic and i have never been so nervous. I feel like a whore in church! View attachment 829865

Congrats dude..Its quite the ride

RichL

Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you.

4Waters

Reaction score
Congratulations dad, now go home tonight and get your last nite of good sleep.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Congrats!
Cheers to a healthy 2020 and more... daddy!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Congrats Chester!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Congrats Chester!!

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Congratulations.
Like has already been said, life is gonna fly by now. Our only child is 34. Getting married next month. :eek:

Carrera205

Reaction score
Congrats on a healthy baby! My wife an I just had our 2nd on the 20th of Dec. Enjoy every moment we only get to do this once in our life. Being a parent is the best job I've ever had.

Dbroncos

Reaction score
Congrats, my daughter turned 18 today. it has been fun every year the past 18 celebrating at midnight with my girl.......

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Damn it. Missed the exemption by that much... haha congrats man.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Congratulations to the new addition to the family!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, missed the write off...but from a guy's point of view, easier to remember age when somebody asks you in a few years...well, as long as you remember what year it is:p

Congrats to the new "family unit"...it will still be a bit surreal, but you and your wife will get it squared away.

Perspective will change as a father. Others have said it too. I don't know how it will in your line of work, but it may change that as well. You now are a parent, and have brought forth a new life. Suddenly that wheel may turn. You aren't as much your father's son, as you are your son's father...you will always be both, but...well hell, hard for me to explain:(

Congrats again, hope all of you get some rest;)