WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well Now, I Knew It Was Coming...Jr Monkey Got Suspended Today

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
OK, my youngest got suspended...good one, five days. So, here it goes...

Jr.Mint was having a discussion with a classmate, part of their class talking period. They were told to talk about where they would choose to be, if they could be anywhere in the world. My son's "Interviewee" said he would choose Nigeria. My son asked why, as that was part of the "project". Apparently, the kid knew about the natural resources there, like rare earth minerals and such. This kid is a friend of my son's. My son told him in 3rd grade he got in trouble for mispronouncing "Niger"...something here, my son had some issues with speech in elementary school. Well, he said the "N" word as he was telling him what he had said then. He's not that type of kid, the context is kind of a factor here...

So, the kid in the seat in front of him, no part of the conversation, whips around and says something along the lines of "Shut the fuck up cracker!" This kid in question is mostly white...
Jr.Mint responds, "But I'm part Mexican" Kid in in front responds, "Shut the fuck up wetback!"
My son responds with "Why don't you go back to whatever zoo you came from!"
Well now, we've covered most bases...
By this time, my son's friend, my son and the kid in front have stood up, and the teacher has finally moved his lazy ass out of his chair, and started to approach the situation. The situation was kind of tense, but lazy ass teacher turned back to his desk. At this point, kid in front slaps my son's friend across the face...
Shouting, yelling...only one person made physical contact with anyone.

Oddly enough, my phone didn't ring at all. They called my wife at school. They ended up making my son walk to her campus, as she couldn't get coverage for her class.
Now, my son was suspended for five days. F I V E days, for fighting and disrupting the class.
The kid who got slapped, and really didn't do a damn thing, was suspended for 2.
The kid who did both the slapping of one kid, and shouted racial slurs towards my son, received a 2 day suspension...T W O days, physical and verbal altercation with racial overtones.

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

The kid up front, slur happy slapper, is a "non-binary" individual. It prefers to be called by a male name this semester, but has had a couple different ones I believe.
Can't piss of or upset the loud minority.

Wife and kids are shocked I'm ironing slacks and a shirt. Going to walk into the district office at 8am, and ask for a meeting with the Superintendent or the assistant. 10 to 1 they "won't be available". So, I'll make an appointment, and come back at a later time. I'm good with that.
The worst thing they can do is give me more time to think about it. Well, bad for them...not so much for me.

Last edited:

termiteguy

Reaction score
I feel for you sounds like your son or he's friend needs to handle thing old school ways a little street justice I know you are completely against this idea after reading your post about how you were in the past. However some times people just need a ass whooping.

4Waters

Reaction score
Oh and btw he needs to be punished for the suspension punishment should be helping you out in the shop for 10 hours a day while on suspension. Lol
Yup, he needs to spend a week of quality time with Ole dad working with his hands, that will teach him.

Maybe it's dad spending time with the boy🤔, yup it's both👍

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I feel for you sounds like your son or he's friend needs to handle thing old school ways a little street justice I know you are completely against this idea after reading your post about how you were in the past. However some times people just need a ass whooping.
Oh and btw he needs to be punished for the suspension punishment should be helping you out in the shop for 10 hours a day while on suspension. Lol
I told my wife there is no way in hell I could graduate from this modern era of stupidity in the school system...I would have been locked up.
My boy still sees "it" as a her, so you don't hit "hers"...if that makes sense.
I'm more of an equal opportunity asshole Act like guy, get treated like one. He chose better, at least from what the legal fees could be.

As for Jr.Mint's punishment, he's "volunteering" to be in wife's classroom. He can do his online work, and then do laminating of items for my wife...as we inch closer to severing ties with the public schools as a whole.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Should just wear your greasy overalls and boots to the meeting. 😁
Summertime outfit of stained Levi's, steel toes and "wife beater" usually scares people.
Oddly enough, I've learned over time that people base too much of their opinion on someone's appearance. If I walk in as normally dressed, they are already prepared to dial the police. If I dress as "one of them", they feel more at ease, and not threatened. Many in the education field look down upon the blue collar crowd. Sad, but very true. I can play the part of an educated individual quite well. The appearance just sets the hook.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Yeah find out where the non binary “it” lives and have a friendly conversation with the parents”thing” hitting your son. Should send a clear message for the racial wetback slur.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Yeah find out where the non binary “it” lives and have a friendly conversation with the parents”thing” hitting your son. Should send a clear message for the racial wetback slur.
You just know ahead of time that “he-she” is messed up because of the: wait for it:
Single “messed up mom” single parent.

I’d let that bitch know straight up that any movement out of line next time I’ve already given 150% approval for my kid to beat the ever livin hell outta your kid.
Ps: any mention of our little evening chat will not end well for them.

But then I’m an over protective dad over his daughters…

badgas

Reaction score
I hope things work out for your kid.

I miss HS. Reminds of me and another kid going at it in science class. flipped over desks , broken microscopes , black eyes and bloody lips and and fight that ended with me putting my teacher up against the wall by the throat and me telling him to keep his effing hands off me after he tried to choke me. Me and the kid both had a 3 days off and teacher was all good. It was the way it should be. Teacher knew he over stepped and got a warning, We knew we were wrong and got 3 days off and then back to business. Those were fun days. When I was in HS 84-87 there were fights every day on campus. No one was ever killed and no one got expelled but we all learned a lot.

HBCraig

Reaction score
OK, my youngest got suspended...good one, five days. So, here it goes...

Jr.Mint was having a discussion with a classmate, part of their class talking period. They were told to talk about where they would choose to be, if they could be anywhere in the world. My son's "Interviewee" said he would choose Nigeria. My son asked why, as that was part of the "project". Apparently, the kid knew about the natural resources there, like rare earth minerals and such. This kid is a friend of my son's. My son told him in 3rd grade he got in trouble for mispronouncing "Niger"...something here, my son had some issues with speech in elementary school. Well, he said the "N" word as he was telling him what he had said then. He's not that type of kid, the context is kind of a factor here...

So, the kid in the seat in front of him, no part of the conversation, whips around and says something along the lines of "Shut the fuck up cracker!" This kid in question is mostly white...
Jr.Mint responds, "But I'm part Mexican" Kid in in front responds, "Shut the fuck up wetback!"
My son responds with "Why don't you go back to whatever zoo you came from!"
Well now, we've covered most bases...
By this time, my son's friend, my son and the kid in front have stood up, and the teacher has finally moved his lazy ass out of his chair, and started to approach the situation. The situation was kind of tense, but lazy ass teacher turned back to his desk. At this point, kid in front slaps my son's friend across the face...
Shouting, yelling...only one person made physical contact with anyone.

Oddly enough, my phone didn't ring at all. They called my wife at school. They ended up making my son walk to her campus, as she couldn't get coverage for her class.
Now, my son was suspended for five days. F I V E days, for fighting and disrupting the class.
The kid who got slapped, and really didn't do a damn thing, was suspended for 2.
The kid who did both the slapping of one kid, and shouted racial slurs towards my son, received a 2 day suspension...T W O days, physical and verbal altercation with racial overtones.

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

The kid up front, slur happy slapper, is a "non-binary" individual. It prefers to be called by a male name this semester, but has had a couple different ones I believe.
Can't piss of or upset the loud minority.

Wife and kids are shocked I'm ironing slacks and a shirt. Going to walk into the district office at 8am, and ask for a meeting with the Superintendent or the assistant. 10 to 1 they "won't be available". So, I'll make an appointment, and come back at a later time. I'm good with that.
The worst thing they can do is give me more time to thing about it. Well, bad for them...not so much for me.
Had a similar situation with my boy when he was in 6th grade. A few kids didn't like him and one of them went so far as to tell him he will wait for him after class and kick his ass. He said, " sorry but I have baseball". The kid is texting him and other classmates all night saying he will fight him prior to class in the morning. So my boy tells me in the morning. I could see he was a rad worried. I told him don't worry about it. If he lays his hands on you at all you tell him loudly (so others can hear) if he rouches you again you will be forced to hit him. I told him you never ever allow anyone to start hitting you. I said worst case you guys get after it and a few teachers step in. I will last 10 seconds at best but told him will seem like an eternity.

Well, I drop him off and reassure him it will all be okay. I make like I pull out of the lot but pull in elsewhere so I can watch. Sure as shit this fat Slop gets in my son's face, my son says get outta here and starts to walk to class. Phones are out with the other kids now taking video. This shitbag hits my boys from behind and my sin turns around and drops him with a shit to the chin.

VP calls me and says my son is suspended. Mind you I have seen the video and tell her he didn't instigate it and send her the video. She calls back and said he is still suspended because he was in a fight. I ask how long. Both were given a day. I said I will cut my sons in half. She says we'll that nothing then. Exactly dumbest. I dropped him off the next day and told her I wasn't going to play her bullshit game. Never heard a thing after that. I also told her she had the video and prior knowledge to what was going to happen and its on her. She started to say something and I said I will just put it all in an email to the district. That's where it stopped

And good for your son

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Hang in there 'Papa-Monk' , sounds like you're squared-away and got stuff handled.
Stay solid. 🤙

4Waters

Reaction score
Had a similar situation with my boy when he was in 6th grade. A few kids didn't like him and one of them went so far as to tell him he will wait for him after class and kick his ass. He said, " sorry but I have baseball". The kid is texting him and other classmates all night saying he will fight him prior to class in the morning. So my boy tells me in the morning. I could see he was a rad worried. I told him don't worry about it. If he lays his hands on you at all you tell him loudly (so others can hear) if he rouches you again you will be forced to hit him. I told him you never ever allow anyone to start hitting you. I said worst case you guys get after it and a few teachers step in. I will last 10 seconds at best but told him will seem like an eternity.

Well, I drop him off and reassure him it will all be okay. I make like I pull out of the lot but pull in elsewhere so I can watch. Sure as shit this fat Slop gets in my son's face, my son says get outta here and starts to walk to class. Phones are out with the other kids now taking video. This shitbag hits my boys from behind and my sin turns around and drops him with a shit to the chin.

VP calls me and says my son is suspended. Mind you I have seen the video and tell her he didn't instigate it and send her the video. She calls back and said he is still suspended because he was in a fight. I ask how long. Both were given a day. I said I will cut my sons in half. She says we'll that nothing then. Exactly dumbest. I dropped him off the next day and told her I wasn't going to play her bullshit game. Never heard a thing after that. I also told her she had the video and prior knowledge to what was going to happen and its on her. She started to say something and I said I will just put it all in an email to the district. That's where it stopped
I had a classmate in HS try to fight me by myself with 6-7 of his friends there. They pulled up in their cars while I was walking home, I said "I know what is going to happen, I'm gonna start to kick your ass and your buddies are gonna jump in, take them home and I'll gladly kick your ass 1 on 1" and I turned and started walking away when all of the sudden I get hit in the back of the head. I turn around and he is holding his hand, I said "If that's all you got it's best if you don't come back either." The next day he had a cast on his hand, the bitch broke his hand sucker punching me in the back of the head and I made sure everyone knew why his hand was in a cast🤣

HBCraig

Reaction score
I had a classmate in HS try to fight me by myself with 6-7 of his friends there. They pulled up in their cars while I was walking home, I said "I know what is going to happen, I'm gonna start to kick your ass and your buddies are gonna jump in, take them home and I'll gladly kick your ass 1 on 1" and I turned and started walking away when all of the sudden I get hit in the back of the head. I turn around and he is holding his hand, I said "If that's all you got it's best if you don't come back either." The next day he had a cast on his hand, the bitch broke his hand sucker punching me in the back of the head and I made sure everyone knew why his hand was in a cast🤣
Karma! What a bitch

Flatsix66

Reaction score
permanent-record.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am actually shattered that my beloved Prescott would have this PC bullshit going on.
This is in PV...we're the poor redneck cousins...it's actually worse on the Prescott side of town :(
What's really stupid, my son's friend was hit and got suspended...completely innocent kid. He's one of my son's better friends, but his family is moving to Texas. His mom is, or has already, torn some people up in the school office.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
MW

write down on paper the main topics you want to discuss with the school board.
five at the most.
discuss these items calmly and with clarity.

Good Luck.

Be the Better Man, as you are...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… I very seldom got in real trouble in school… My mother was a big wheel in the PTA… The parent teachers association… It helped a lot..:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… i’ve had three different people break their hand on my head… I didn’t intend to use it as a defensive weapon… But it seems to have worked… I can remember exactly who two of them were … can’t quite remember the third ???..:

nowski

Reaction score
This is in PV...we're the poor redneck cousins...it's actually worse on the Prescott side of town :(

What's really stupid, my son's friend was hit and got suspended...completely innocent kid. He's one of my son's better friends, but his family is moving to Texas. His mom is, or has already, torn some people up in the school office.

Guilty by association.

Win, lose or draw what's important here is your standing up for your son and in his eyes that's all that really matters. Fight the Good Fight Monkey!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Did I miss how old your son is?
He's 13. A big 13 though, 6ft and 165. Glad he doesn't have a bad temper. Lacks control of his mouth at times though.
MW

write down on paper the main topics you want to discuss with the school board.
five at the most.
discuss these items calmly and with clarity.

Good Luck.

Be the Better Man, as you are...
I don't wish to meet with the board, not yet at least. This is more regarding disciplinary actions taken, the "inequality" of said disciplines and the lack of classroom management. Honestly, could care less about any gender issues...three students and a teacher screwed up. Those are the issues at hand, and I'd like to speak with the superintendent about them.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Shit happens and it will all work out.

My son got jumped by two brothers at his JH. My son broke his wrist but he fucked up both of those brothers. They didnt have any more issues after that.

I didnt encourage my son to fight but if it went that way end it quickly. Sometimes you have no choice and its go time.

boatpi

Reaction score
You wanna do payback go to the police department with your son and that other boy if possible as he is a witness and make it police report for assault and battery against the asshole. Also indicate this is a racially motivated attack you must use the exact words in the report that the aggressior used this will go up the chain and something will be done.

Singleton

Reaction score
Dislike saying this, but schools are granting longer punishments for words vs fists.

If I follow this correctly, your son said the ’N’ word while the others were aggressive but did not say what the school has determined to be a discriminatory word. Context of how the word was used, will not matter. The others students and teachers will say he said the ‘N’ word and that is 5 days (no exceptions).

I wish you luck to try to get your son reduced to 2 days, but don’t see that occurring.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Realistically you are gonna have to put yourself in their shoes for a half a second here.

I read your story and I’m reading the speech impediment deal and thinking “ok maybe”. Than as soon as the “go back to the zoo” comment came out, I am instantly thinking “ok we can say he isn’t that kid all he wants, but he is that kid.” (Whether he is or isn’t is irrelevant… life isn’t fair and you know that)

Likely what the teacher thought, definitely what the board is gonna think.

If it was me I would calmly go in and discuss with the board the following.

1. We don’t use language like that in our house, I will be addressing that with him at home, but make no mistake he picked it up here at school. (Shift blame)

2. I understand completely that life can be difficult for a non binary child. I believe in not only preaching equality but living by it.. which brings me to why I am here today. (Now questioning their character because they are preaching it but not living by it)

You have a non binary student that has shouted several racist slurs, and now attacked another student.

We are here to discuss equality.. why is it both students received a two day suspension and mine received a five day? What kind of message does that send? It encourages the outbursts and violence of one student regardless of gender.

The non binary student needs to make apologies to the person he attacked and to my son, and vice versus.. they can all shake hands and use this as a learning lesson.. but encouraging temper tantrums and violence is not going to do non binary any favors in life especially as they grow older. It is simply pouring gasoline on a fire that will end in a columbine style situation.

Put them on their liberal heels.. but also put them on notice that If something happens in the future with this kid this has been documented and they will be held liable in the court of public opinion. You warned them.. their actions are directly responsible.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Realistically you are gonna have to put yourself in their shoes for a half a second here.

I read your story and I’m reading the speech impediment deal and thinking “ok maybe”. Than as soon as the “go back to the zoo” comment came out, I am instantly thinking “ok we can say he isn’t that kid all he wants, but he is that kid.” (Whether he is or isn’t is irrelevant… life isn’t fair and you know that)

1. We don’t use language like that in our house, I will be addressing that with him at home, but make no mistake he picked it up here at school. (Shift blame)

2. I understand completely that life can be difficult for a non binary child. I believe in not only preaching equality but living by it.. which brings me to why I am here today. (Now questioning their character because they are preaching it but not living by it)

You have a non binary student that has shouted several racist slurs, and now attacked another student.

We are here to discuss equality.. why is it both students received a two day suspension and mine received a five day? What kind of message does that send? It encourages the outbursts and violence of one student regardless of gender.

The non binary student needs to make apologies to the person he attacked and to my son, and vice versus.. they can all shake hands and use this as a learning lesson.. but encouraging temper tantrums and violence is not going to do non binary any favors in life especially as they grow older. It is simply pouring gasoline on a fire that will end in a columbine style situation.

Put them on their liberal heels.. but also put them on notice that If something happens in the future with this kid this has been documented and they will be held liable in the court of public opinion. You warned them.. their actions are directly responsible.

RD

If something happens with this kid in the future, Monkey Jr will be blamed. The storyline will be Monkey Jr. used 2 slurs and the poor non binary kid was marginalized and forced to take action.

Nothing is gonna change that I don’t think. They will dig in their liberal heels.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

RD
ahhhh….was with ya for the most part till you brought up columbine. Thats a big no go

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Some confused kid that is already lashing out in the world? And is being encouraged? What happens when he gets older..
Not necessary to bring up a mass killing in the meeting. Nope

MW has a way of presenting things and he will handle it to the best he can.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mot necessary to bring up a mass killing in the meeting. Nope

Well it’s just my thought process, everyone is different. Take what ya want leave the rest.

In virtually every single one of those events there was signs leading up to them.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well it’s just my thought process, everyone is different. Take what ya want leave the rest.

In virtually every single one of those events there was signs leading up to them.
Bringing up a mass killing is on the verge of being hysterical IMO

The rest seemed pretty good though

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well? Bring up something else then? To each their own?

We are kinda repeating ourselves?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ok, update:
Of course there was no way to meet with the Super...I knew that was coming, the way of school districts in general. They allowed me to meet with the lady who takes reports concerning parental issues and concerns.

Nice lady, maybe about 50, short cropped hair...no ring, a certain style of dress and appearance. Know your audience, those you will play to.

I opened by making it quite clear I did not wish to paint my son as a Saint. He screwed up, I am fully aware of that and that there must be consequences for actions.

I then went into the incident, and how it was reported to me. I also made it clear that I only have the one side, and even then, the administrative staff at the school did not furnish me with a copy of his written statement. When I said the slurs that were used...both Anglo and Hispanic, I told her that being a "halfer" I've heard them my whole life. She agreed, being a mix herself...made a small connection there. The problem, I told her, was not my son being punished, nor the length of time. The problem is the fact that the one child, of mostly white appearance, was given a much lighter punishment for using multiple slurs, as well as making physical contact. My sons permanent record will be marked as fighting and racially motivated... At which point I told her, "My son is 6ft tall, and pretty stout. If it were an actual physical altercation, this would be a much different scenario."

I did close with a plea to their liberal gods: If, as educators, you are striving for equality, why is it the disciplinary actions taken seem so inequal?

Well, the report will be submitted...oddly enough it goes to a lady that my wife works with for early entry testing. At least they know each other.

Time to put my boots on, and get out of slacks.

boatpi

Reaction score
In addition, if in Cali, and many other states , there is a section in the education code making any racial attack a crime. You can make a complaint with the state education system, in writing detailing the incident. Also if it appears the teaches failed to quickly internveine and because of that it escalated to a physical atta k, that could result in training or discipline for the teacher👌.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Sounds like you handled it very good. Don't underestimate the impact of your actions, on your son and the impression it makes.

When I was in 8th grade there was a glass display case that was broken. I was pushed and went into the case, not my fault, but I was blamed. The school wanted damages of $250, big bucks back in 1971. I was so mad over the whole thing, but the money is what really burned me up. My dad was called and a couple days later we both went in to talk to the Principal.
My dad calmly listened to the schools point of view, then explained my side of the story but as you'd expect he had no luck changing the school's position on the matter.
The Principal asked my dad to pay the $250 and my dad looked at me and said, "that's up to my son". The Principal looked a little stunned, turned and looked at me and said, "you're paying the $250". Before I could say a word, My dad very sternly said, NO, I'm paying, but only if my son tells me too". I was so proud of my dad in that moment, I was thinking he would just pay to make the whole thing go away. I was standing firm on the principle of the thing and my dad backed me up!!

I looked at and felt different about my dad after that day and now that he's gone it's one of my best memories of him. I said, "no way I'm paying, I didn't cause the case to break". We both stood up and walked out. The school sent letters and bugged us for a year or so, but finally gave up trying to collect.

Xring01

Reaction score

RD
Dave gave some solid advice here…
I will add one more thing.
Its one thing to say something verbal in a meeting…. Its an entirely different thing, when you say something verbal and then hand them the exact message in writing, date/time stamped, with witness stating it was hand delivered. That puts there ass on notice officially, and forces them to document there actions regarding your concerns..

Key thing here… Put it in writing and that forces there hand…

I have been in several bad scenarios with teachers when both of my kids where in high school. Due to the fact that I had everything in writing prior to events, during and post events… Our ass’s where covered. There are alot of horrible teachers out there, so document everything, and prepare to fight. Your odds of success will be alot higher.