WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well Sparkys, now you've done it

Taboma

Reaction score
Your gender based material references have offended one of Marilyn Vos Savant's non-male readers and you've been called out in Parade Magazine to change your ways.

No more ' Male and Female ' gender based material references. In the future, only non-gender based terminology like plugs and sockets will be acceptable. We do have terminal adaptor, so no need to refer to them as male (Penis) adaptors, but what terminology has replaced the vagina, errrr, I mean female equivalent ? Socket adaptor ??

I think the electricians are being unfairly called out, what of the plumbers and pipefitters, their entire thread terminology is gender based with even initialed abbreviations ?

Regardless of the pain and subsequent costs, all the affected industries must gather, assign focus groups and solve these most offensive and inappropriate archaic methods of nomenclature.

Once terminology has been replaced as non-gender based, each company should hold special training to address this issue of inappropriate terminology, and restore our good names before the public. I'd recommend forewarning your employees now, should they performing their services in public, because now others will be listening. :oops:

Somebody needs to volunteer to write to [email protected] and let her know, well get right on this. 👍
While you're at it, make sure you drag those damned plumbers and pipefitters under the bus, right now us sparkys are catching all the blame. 😖

Electricians male and female.JPG

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
But these fukers don't want to be labeled boy or girl, male or female, he or she!! Jesus Christ, what does it matter what the industries used to name parts then? Its plain and simple, If you are born with an innie, you are a girl. If you have an outie, you are a boy. Dont matter what the fuk you say you are, genetics is genetics!!

Taboma

Reaction score
But these fukers don't want to be labeled boy or girl, male or female, he or she!! Jesus Christ, what does it matter what the industries used to name parts then? Its plain and simple, If you are born with an innie, you are a girl. If you have an outie, you are a boy. Dont matter what the fuk you say you are, genetics is genetics!!

Obviously it matters to some and now in the neighborhood of 80 million readers have read about it. I posted it satirically, jokingly offended they didn't call out by trade name, plumbers and others using similar terminology, but I do not doubt this will start some shit by those who awake daily looking for anything they can construe as being offensive.
No I don't get it either.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
And within 40 years the new nomenclature will be deemed unsafe causing it be returned to its original names so construction accidents due to improper usuage can be reduced.....saving the lives of our genderless society from burning/falling bridges, buildings and so on.👍

Rye

Reaction score
Hope bell and spigot don’t come under scrutiny.

hallett21

Reaction score
Wtf.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Wtf.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF, it's ONLY 80 million readers :oops: I just happened to read that in the "Ask Marilyn" column of this past Sunday's Parade Mag that comes in the newspaper my wife enjoys reading, and for the record, also pays for. 😁 So curious, I looked it up online and that's where I found the image I posted.
I'm poking fun at it, but I'm also really curious to see if it develops legs --- that's a lot of potential readers and easily offended types. :eek:

Taboma

Reaction score
What about strippers and dykes?

And don't even think about using the term "Boy Butter" 😖 Oh wait, on second thought that one might not be considered offensive, in fact some groups might promote it's use 🥴

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Top Ramen changed the name of the flavor from "Oriental" to "Soy Sauce" so they didn't offend anyone.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
As an aircraft mechanic, it won't be long before we must refrain from:

Cockpit - will become Flight Compartment
Master & Slave - will become Active & Standby
Any White messages will be STRONGLY refered to as Status (which they already are known now)
RED = Warning
AMBER = Caution
BLUE or GREEN = Advisory
WHITE = Status

Also. Gender will never be refenced such as: "She's a good flyin' old bird" and "This/That guy is located...."

And so on. Good fun indeed

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
As an aircraft mechanic, it won't be long before we must refrain from:

Cockpit - will become Flight Compartment
Master & Slave - will become Active & Standby
Any White messages will be STRONGLY refered to as Status (which they already are known now)
RED = Warning
AMBER = Caution
BLUE or GREEN = Advisory
WHITE = Status

Also. Gender will never be refenced such as: "She's a good flyin' old bird" and "This/That guy is located...."

And so on. Good fun indeed

Master and slave will be client and server...

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
After the amen and awomen incident I spent a week working women into every word, and bonus points on any that are perceived as negative.

Womandatory meetings
Womanifesto
Womanhandle
Womanagement
Womanipulated
Laywoman

Its all so ridiculous. At least one word got the feminine correct in the beginning, Herpes. ;)

707dog

Reaction score
When I was doing field work we got asked if we could change the name of a very important shaft protector cause it was kind of offensive ... told her I only knew it a BULL PRICK what would you like us to call it. She didn't have a answer...