WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well that’s kinda bullshit

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,so much for off roading the MH until the new whls & tires arrive. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m no genius (well maybe I am) but I work around construction sites and get a ton of nails / screws etc. on the regular, probably 10-15 over 10 years. I just leave them be if they aren’t losing air. Seem to be a natural plug. Never had an issue. If it Ain’t broke don’t fix it.

slow leak

prorider

Reaction score
NEVER plug a steel belted radial tire. The steel belts will eventually cut through the plug and you'll be in worse shape than when you started.

Take it to a shop that will remove the tire and patch it Properly from the inside.

Where that hole is, it will be an easy fix.
This is fuckin stupid. I plug them all the time with great results.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I've got one of those patch kits in my fanny pack I use when I'm out riding my quad. That's the only place I've EVER used one of those things. We had to shove three in one hole on a guys motorcycle tire one day, when a tree branch went right through the sidewall! lol I had the CO2 fillers too. He was lucky he was riding with me.

Everything has it's place. ;)

You should have chosen the correct size plug from your Fanny pack instead of using multiple's in one hole. That is unless you are into that kinda shit. :oops:

511iEglxzzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
If he's not going to dismount the tire, and rebalance when he is done patching it, don't do it.

Ever see a tire explode? Get it fixed/patched property Dave. Call me if you want.
^^^^^^
Listen to this advice. Patching is far better than plugging and it should always be dismounted and rebalanced. During that dismount you will be able to check the inside of the tire for possible additional damage. repairs on a sidewall or near the sidewall are always a gamble with a high loss rate. Do it right and be done with it.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
^^^^^^
Listen to this advice. Patching is far better than patching and it should always be dismounted and rebalanced. During that dismount you will be able to check the inside of the tire for possible additional damage. repairs on a sidewall or near the sidewall are always a gamble with a high loss rate. Do it right and be done with it.

RD has more issues going on besides the thumb tack. That tire is wearing like shit.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
At least one of us has been paying attention. ;)

The problem with Dave putting a plug in a tire is that he can't drive 55!!! 😁

If he's gonna plug it, and buy new tires soon, and stay off Rice till he gets his new tires, then no big deal at all to plug it as a temp fix.

For anyone else to think that plugging a tire is Anything close to safe, that's just nuts.

Most of this crowd is running 80 plus to the river, when the road is 200 degrees on a regular basis. Bad bad idea on a plugged tire.

We've all seen the threads with vehicles rolled off the side of the road for seemingly no reason, right? Uh huh...

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
^^^^^^
Listen to this advice. Patching is far better than patching and it should always be dismounted and rebalanced. During that dismount you will be able to check the inside of the tire for possible additional damage. repairs on a sidewall or near the sidewall are always a gamble with a high loss rate. Do it right and be done with it.
I am trying to figure out how patching is better than patching? 🤪🤪

Wheeler

Reaction score
The problem with Dave putting a plug in a tire is that he can't drive 55!!! 😁

If he's gonna plug it, and buy new tires soon, and stay off Rice till he gets his new tires, then no big deal at all to plug it as a temp fix.

For anyone else to think that plugging a tire is Anything close to safe, that's just nuts.

Most of this crowd is running 80 plus to the river, when the road is 200 degrees on a regular basis. Bad bad idea on a plugged tire.

We've all seen the threads with vehicles rolled off the side of the road for seemingly no reason, right? Uh huh...

You just like to argue, Joe. You and Angie need your own section just for the sake of argument. 🙃

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Gotta say,last week 4 tires @ Havasu Discount.Called the day before,told the guy check it out on your system,we have been a customer in Havasu & SoCal 40 years.I need 4 tires,tell me what time to show up,I will not be getting out of my truck.Next morning 9am roll in,the kid directed us into the bay.Total install with us in the truck.The guy running that shop and his crew totally have it together.40 minutes later down the road with 4 new tires.Means nothing to me or my wife what the opinions have been we want nothing to do with anything till a vaccine.Discount handled it,same as many other businesses.

hallett21

Reaction score
Just buy a new truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You just like to argue, Joe. You and Angie need your own section just for the sake of argument. 🙃

Actually I don't...

I just don't wanna see anyone doing something that could potentially cost them their life.

I've been working on cars for a living for close to fifty years.

I would never questions your knowledge of drywall.

Peace.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Actually I don't...

I just don't wanna see anyone doing something that could potentially cost them their life.

I've been working on cars for a living for close to fifty years.

I would never questions your knowledge of drywall.

Peace.

You're not getting off this easy by using some reverse psyco shit on me! 😁

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It broke the casing on the tire... So no more tire.. :(.

Ended up buying a temp tire on the cheap.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t know what is with me and tires lately.. 😳. Pulled up three minutes ago though and they already got the wheel off and are fixing it for me..

The customer service here is unbelievable.

image.jpg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Got a mobile tire repair guy coming tomorrow....

I was gonna get rims and tires for it anyways.. I guess we just accelerated my plans a bit.

RD

Plug that thing! Mobile tire guy? Does the Autozone clerk install your windshield wipers too?

you know you’ve hit big time when you don’t change your own oil or plug tires anymore.

only kidding, good luck with that tire, should be a simple fix.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is , you had to much meat on them. This is how I roll
1622163721735.jpeg

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I hate it when the shop leaves the alignment pin in my tire.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Plug that thing! Mobile tire guy? Does the Autozone clerk install your windshield wipers too?

you know you’ve hit big time when you don’t change your own oil or plug tires anymore.

only kidding, good luck with that tire, should be a simple fix.

See post 73.. we don’t change oil. Lol

Cobalt232

Reaction score
HAHA - Ron said no charge and Sergio just smiled...

Great little shop! The bad news is I've been there a bunch lately with nails!
My high school best friend worked there in the late 70's/early 80's. I've been getting all my tires and most brakes there since we moved to San Clemente in 1992. I've deposited lots of nails there too!