WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well this comes as no surprise from Disney

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This world is loosing its fukin mind. What a bunch of crying, mislead pussies they have become.

Why Do 18 Episodes of The Muppet Show Come With a Content Warning on Disney+?

All five seasons of Jim Henson’s The Muppet Show took the Disney+ stage on Friday, and viewers young and old quickly spotted a content warning in front of 18 of the series’ episodes. “This program includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now,” the disclaimer reads. “Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it, and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.”

Adds the content warning, “Disney is committed to creating stories with inspirational and aspirational themes that reflect the rich diversity of the human experience around the globe.” The episodes preceded by the disclaimer include those hosted by Debbie Harry, Joel Grey, Jim Nabors, Johnny Cash, Alan Arkin, Kenny Rogers, Steve Martin, Peter Sellers, Cleo Laine, James Coco, Spike Milligan, Crystal Gayle, Beverly Sills, Jonathan Winters, James Coburn, Joan Baez, Wally Boag, and Marty Feldman.

While the streaming platform doesn’t specify which “negative depictions” each episode has been flagged for, a cursory spin through The Muppet Show’s run, which aired between 1976 and 1981, reveals Johnny Cash performing in front of a Confederate flag, Jonathan Winters impersonating a Native American chant while wearing a headdress, and a subplot in which Arab Muppets drill for oil in Kenny Rogers’s dressing room, among other, similarly dated stereotypes.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I am looking forward to these, and this content warning is dumb. Like most everything in the "woke" community.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
That same warning was on the original Jungle Book as well. You’re unable to fast forward through it. I guess Mowgley and Baloo are racially insensitive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk