WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well This Sucks

catman

Reaction score
Well it is official..Key West races are canceled...Fuck Off Covid !!! First time I was able to rent a race front condo with a huge balcony instead of staying in a $1,200.00 per night resort room...and it is not happening... Tank is going to be pissed !!! Looks like we will have to get to Loto the end of the month...

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I still have 2-2condo at galleon I’m going wait until 30 days out before I cancel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Sorry to hear.... I've kinda already put 2020 behind me as an emotional write off. Hope you get refunded.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I can cancel 30 days in advance
No problem
Poker run still on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
When fantasy fest got cancelled a couple weeks ago, I figured RWO would cancel the races. With that said, Stu is still saying the poker run will go and the Mayor was on record stating he couldn't stop a group of boaters coming into town. Just can't do the poker run village or awards banquets.

Right now, I'm not cancelling the trip. If things are open then we're going. We enjoy the Keys whether theres races or not. It's just a great place to be. Now, if we go into full on lock down mode like a couple months ago and everything gets shut down / closed, we will be cancelling. But I don't think that's going to happen. I'm hoping by November things will be opening up. Will it be smaller with out the races, most likely. Will it suck? Nah. It's still Key West baby.

catman

Reaction score
When fantasy fest got cancelled a couple weeks ago, I figured RWO would cancel the races. With that said, Stu is still saying the poker run will go and the Mayor was on record stating he couldn't stop a group of boaters coming into town. Just can't do the poker run village or awards banquets.

Right now, I'm not cancelling the trip. If things are open then we're going. We enjoy the Keys whether theres races or not. It's just a great place to be. Now, if we go into full on lock down mode like a couple months ago and everything gets shut down / closed, we will be cancelling. But I don't think that's going to happen. I'm hoping by November things will be opening up. Will it be smaller with out the races, most likely. Will it suck? Nah. It's still Key West baby.

We are still on the fence to see what happens in Key West.We go to the Keys 4 to 6 times a year but the races are our funniest times .All the condos race front are grandfathered in so it is next to impossible to get one.Well I was able to last year at Truman Annex behind the pits.
The libs in the keys want the road block back up and there were trying to cancel mini season last weekend but only Islamorada cancelled and closed all the ramps.All the bars are closed in Key west and you have to wear a mask at all times but when you are taking a drink or putting a piece of food in your mouth...I am not giving up this condo so we will probably go down.

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah, I spoke with a couple friends that live down there and they said if the bar sells food and wants to open they can - Irish kevins was open, but now not again. SLoppy Joes has been closed down since like March Schooner Wharf Bar is open, sandbar (where the OSO / SOTW party is always held) is open, Carolines is open... It's just kind'a hit and miss it seems. I'm hoping by November things will be getting better and start to open up. Like I said, if it's all locked down like it was a couple months ago, we wont go. If things are open, we'll go.

buck35

Reaction score
It's after the election,covid will be over and done I'm sure....

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Damn! Wanted to go for my 40th bday.
Covid keeps on destroying 2020.....

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You can still go dude. Brett and justy are booked.
I want to but we’re gonna be fresh off moving (hopefully....) and getting settled still. I bet there’s a lot of rooms available now though!