WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well this sucks...

FishSniper

Reaction score
Tested this morning Dave but results are not in yet. My son was home from college last weekend and he came down with it Tuesday. Feel lethargic with a headache but nothing terrible. Hopefully this is the worst of it. The fever hit me about 3 hours ago.
Hopefully it ends up being a real mild case and your back to normal shortly.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Tested this morning Dave but results are not in yet. My son was home from college last weekend and he came down with it Tuesday. Feel lethargic with a headache but nothing terrible. Hopefully this is the worst of it. The fever hit me about 3 hours ago.
A guy at work had the same symptoms the other day. 101* fever. Did a virtual Dr. appointment. Got tested. Negative.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Most that I know of have said that the fever only last a couple of days and that the worst part of it is the headaches and muscle pain that lingers for a while. Hoping for your fast recovery.

rrrr

Reaction score
My son was home from college last weekend and he came down with it Tuesday.

I hope you get over it quickly.

This is how easily the virus is spread. Have you questioned your son about his interactions with other people? It seems obvious he contracted the virus at school, and I'd be interested to know the dynamics of the infection among his peers.

A little bit of caution will prevent random infection. You can't go over and talk to your neighbor without masks anymore, because there's no telling where they have been. My neighbor two houses down that has a new C7 was sick as hell a couple of weeks ago. I had been at his house a couple of times to look at the Vette, and never considered wearing a mask.

We just changed internet and TV providers, and on Tuesday a guy showed up to install and configure the new router. I had a mask on when I answered the door, and we both wore them the entire time he was here. He goes into homes and comes in contact with at least a dozen people every day, and that's how the virus is spreading.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I hope you get over it quickly.

This is how easily the virus is spread. Have you questioned your son about his interactions with other people? It seems obvious he contracted the virus at school, and I'd be interested to know the dynamics of the infection among his peers.

A little bit of caution will prevent random infection. You can't go over and talk to your neighbor without masks anymore, because there's no telling where they have been. My neighbor two houses down that has a new C7 was sick as hell a couple of weeks ago. I had been at his house a couple of times to look at the Vette, and never considered wearing a mask.

We just changed internet and TV providers, and on Tuesday a guy showed up to install and configure the new router. I had a mask on when I answered the door, and we both wore them the entire time he was here. He goes into homes and comes in contact with at least a dozen people every day, and that's how the virus is spreading.
We've been extremely careful through this whole lockdown. Damn. :(
Hope you recover quick!

This thing is so weird. We had a close call with it recently. One of our family members Girlfriend caught it about a month ago. They were at my sister's house hanging out and watching the Dodger games. That night is when she started to feel bad and lost taste and smell. My wife got her hair cut the next day my sister and they were also around my mom who is comprised health-wise. So we were all concerned. My Sister/BIL and her 4 kids all tested negative and so did my Mom. The weird one is the family member lives with his GF, he go tested 3 times and everyone one negative. No idea how he didn't catch it. And his GF was a little sick for few days and is solid now.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Best to You and the family!!!

Andy B.

Reaction score
Have fever but test results are not back in yet. It's a safe assumption.

Z-Pack at least and HCL if your doctor's not a liberal. Worked wonders for my brother's family and his wife has asthma!
Bobby will tell you snake oil but I have verifiable proof so my .02
And if the test comes back negative no harm done you'll feel better in 24hrs.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I hope you don't have it but in any case, I wish you and everyone who's not feeling well, a very speedy and full recovery.

This year sucks so bad - I can't wait for next year and the hope that it'll be better for all of us

shunter2005

Reaction score
Saw on news here a while back where a doctor here said you should be eating Vitamin C (1000 mg per day minimum) like M&M's and take some Zinc to reduce the risk of contracting covid. It's not a cure, but maybe it will help you over the rough stuff. If you are negative, may help keep you healthy. I was taking it anyway, but so far so good for me.

HitIt

Reaction score
It is spreading like crazy among kids in college towns. With all of the kids coming home for Thanksgiving and Christmas your story is going to become very common.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Check what happened when the University of Colorado Boulder opened. Note the age group. Fuckin nuts!

18-22s-1112.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
maybe its nothing big, my cousin has had a fever for 3 days now, went and got tested, came back negs.

ramos45

Reaction score
keep hope alive. I had flu like symptoms for about 5 solid days. Some cold/hot spells with some cold sweats. 2 of the nights it was draining to get up to use bathroom but nothing haven't felt before. The abnormal was the loss of taste and smell. I know we all react differently and words like mild and "flu like" can be subjective in this case but please try to remain calm to not raise your stress to compromising levels.

Fyi, the lady and I took a few 800mg ibuprofen to fight off the aches.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Try to stay positive and do all you can to fight it. My mother in law has it, had to be hospitalized for about a week. She just got out, but has to still have oxygen. She does seem a bit off, but otherwise in good spirits.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
keep hope alive. I had flu like symptoms for about 5 solid days. Some cold/hot spells with some cold sweats. 2 of the nights it was draining to get up to use bathroom but nothing haven't felt before. The abnormal was the loss of taste and smell. I know we all react differently and words like mild and "flu like" can be subjective in this case but please try to remain calm to not raise your stress to compromising levels.

Fyi, the lady and I took a few 800mg ibuprofen to fight off the aches.

I'm not terribly worried. I'm taking my vitamins and my wife has her eye on my son in the poolroom so he is isolated as am I. I'm just going to rest and work. My home office is off my bedroom so I'll just keep plugging away and watch Band of Brothers. LOL.

500bbc

Reaction score
Wife had it, only symptoms the sniffles for a few days. the no taste or smell for 5 or 6 days.
No fever, cough, aches, lethargy.
I tested negative.
Vitamins, D, C, and Zinc with lots of fluids were the doctors orders.
Masks don't work, went through her work, normally 85 people in the office but were down to 5-7 in the office. Everyone fully masked, spread out, sanitized constantly, didn't stop it spreading.

outboardrick

Reaction score
Seriously, and I'm not dissing the concerns, but really? This is just a bad flu from everything I know.... 99.8% recovery rate. This isn't going to magically go away, just roll with it and keep yourself as healthy as possible.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Wife had it, only symptoms the sniffles for a few days. the no taste or smell for 5 or 6 days.
No fever, cough, aches, lethargy.
I tested negative.
Vitamins, D, C, and Zinc with lots of fluids were the doctors orders.
Masks don't work, went through her work, normally 85 people in the office but were down to 5-7 in the office. Everyone fully masked, spread out, sanitized constantly, didn't stop it spreading.
No,no,no sisoshit believes in them they work so well our numbers(my guess 30%fake) are waaaaaaay up supposedly!
Spreading the fear fuck liberals!!

AJ13

Reaction score
Dang sorry to hear. I had it a little over a month ago. I did not know I had it tell I lost my taste and smell.

4Waters

Reaction score
Buddy that works in a hospital says they are treating people with covid with 250mg of zinc daily among other things but zinc is something that we can get ahold of OTC

Singleton

Reaction score
My sister had ever symptom listed, all 4 tests she took in June/July were negative
her loss of smell taste lasted 4 weeks

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Seriously, and I'm not dissing the concerns, but really? This is just a bad flu from everything I know.... 99.8% recovery rate. This isn't going to magically go away, just roll with it and keep yourself as healthy as possible.
I think if you are healthy and not stressed about that's fine and all, but I think the other shitty part of it, is you don't want to spread it around so you get stuck at home for a good length of time. That would be one of the worst parts for me. I have clients see and job walks to attend, the world doesn't stop because I'm sick lol.

rickym20

Reaction score
Damn, hoping you and the kid just got the flu like others are saying. Hope you guys get better soon💪🏽

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Buddy that works in a hospital says they are treating people with covid with 250mg of zinc daily among other things but zinc is something that we can get ahold of OTC
250 mg zinc
I been taking 50 mg every day

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
Take a Multiple Vitamin along with C & D, Zinc, and Nyquil. Worked for me and I was all good within 72 hours. This is the most overblown disease in human history!!!
It's a..... VIROUS...... like a common cold and common flu.......it's not a dis ease. CANCER is a disease, arthritis, diabetes, Parkinson's, aids, cerebral palsy are disease's and typically INCURABLE....HUGE difference....
The sooner you get it the sooner your body can develop it's own anti-bodies to it and then you can go on with life without being terrified of getting this version of the flu. This isn't the first and won't be the last FLU VIROUS we will have to survive.

Andy B.

Reaction score
It's a..... VIROUS...... like a common cold and common flu.......it's not a dis ease. CANCER is a disease, arthritis, diabetes, Parkinson's, aids, cerebral palsy are disease's and typically INCURABLE....HUGE difference....
The sooner you get it the sooner your body can develop it's own anti-bodies to it and then you can go on with life without being terrified of getting this version of the flu. This isn't the first and won't be the last FLU VIROUS we will have to survive.

EXACTLY!!!!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Seems like covid is really making it's way through right now. I'm hearing about new cases within my co workers and friends everyday now. I'm still getting tested almost everyday for work, twice tomorrow and twice on monday. Crazy how this Virus has changed our lives. Can't wait for the vaccine to arrive. Wishing everyone good health.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Spot on.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Had it last year in December..before they decided to label the flu as covid. Sick as a dog for a week..fever..lethargic..bones ached bad. After that back to normal...

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Yes, heard this morning a 98yo WW2 vet just recovered from Covid19 for the 2nd time.

Rattle Can Lou's mother recovered from it.

You should here him tell the story. 😂

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well a ton of my friends just got it. Apparently the Foxs Halloween party wasn’t the place to be.. most of them are saying it isn’t that bug of a deal. Hopefully it fairs the same for you and it is in and gone quickly

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
This is starting to sound like a sorta contagious monday after a solid river weekend.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
@Tamalewagon any results yet? No reason why a rapid test wasn't done. They are readily available and results are in 15 minutes.

And remember, just cause COVID is here now, doesn't mean any other illness went away and every symptom is listed as a possible COVID symptom. I had diahrea one day and missed work so I had to get tested to come back..... I couldn't go into certain urgent cares cause diahrea is listed as symptom..... For a respritory illness.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
@Tamalewagon any results yet? No reason why a rapid test wasn't done. They are readily available and results are in 15 minutes.

And remember, just cause COVID is here now, doesn't mean any other illness went away and every symptom is listed as a possible COVID symptom. I had diahrea one day and missed work so I had to get tested to come back..... I couldn't go into certain urgent cares cause diahrea is listed as symptom..... For a respritory illness.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Of course diarrhea is a symptom of China buff.......I mean China virus.🤣