WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well This Sucks...

Reaction score
and not in a good way.

IMG_20210914_0001.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
covid didnt cause those numbers, what a stupid article. americas obsession with being fat did. we have the highest rates of diabetes, heart failure, kidney failure, etc than the whole world.

RGVBW7KAQVPADVZEEJKAOIDQIY.jpg

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
covid didnt cause those numbers, what a stupid article. americas obsession with being fat did. we have the highest rates of diabetes, heart failure, kidney failure, etc than the whole world.

RGVBW7KAQVPADVZEEJKAOIDQIY.jpg
Covid made those worse

4Waters

Reaction score
I disagree. Lockdowns didn’t force people to eat more, eat worse, drink more, sit on their fat asses more. Laziness and lack of discipline did.
I disagree I can't run due to a bad back and I couldn't go to the gym to get on an elliptical for my cardio. I went from 210 in March of 2020 to 240 in November of 2020. I ended up spending money I didn't have and bought an elliptical for health, I also don't really have the room for it either but did the best I could.

Reaction score
I disagree. Lockdowns didn’t force people to eat more, eat worse, drink more, sit on their fat asses more. Laziness and lack of discipline did.

well I drank more, but I also walked more like 10 miles a day almost every day..

I should add I don't drink that much to begin with 2-3 beers a day tops, some days no beer at all.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I wonder how much the suicide rate amongst the youth skews the averages? Teens have been a big one, but also factor in suicides by those that still had many years left. There were those that "crashed" from being isolated, and others from losing their business.
I'm not saying the fat and lazy American diet didn't hurt us. Liquor stores and fast food were deemed necessary, but no gyms.
I was motivated by my daughter trying to get in shape for armed forces assessments. We kind of put together a mini gym in the attached garage. Wife has lost quite a bit of weight in the last year, daughter did good and I've maintained...if my boys would stop growing, they'd be hitting it too (they want to, I won't let them yet). They've grown 3-4inches in the past 6-8 months, and I don't want them to have issues from weights.

Tank

Reaction score
Have you ever took a moment and looked around at people in a public setting? Next time you're out in public with a lot of people around just look around a bit. The amount of over weight people is fucking amazingly astonishing. I'm not skinny by any means but I mean some fucked up fat, unhealthy people. It's kind'a scary.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Have you ever took a moment and looked around at people in a public setting? Next time you're out in public with a lot of people around just look around a bit. The amount of over weight people is fucking amazingly astonishing. I'm not skinny by any means but I mean some fucked up fat, unhealthy people. It's kind'a scary.
My wife and I have talked about this. With my older son's health stuff, we learned a lot about diet and processed foods. We were both athletes (WERE). We slid into lazy life pretty quick. Now, we pay closer attention to what goes into our foods. We cook at home, and rarely any package stuff. When you actually look at how much sugar and sodium is in everything, you see how bad stuff is. Add that to every hormone treated meat that's been fed antibiotics, and it's real apparent what's happening.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Let’s keep things in perspective.
Young people dying from covid isn’t causing the drop.

People at or near the median age are still the overwhelming majority of covid deaths.

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
My wife and I have talked about this. With my older son's health stuff, we learned a lot about diet and processed foods. We were both athletes (WERE). We slid into lazy life pretty quick. Now, we pay closer attention to what goes into our foods. We cook at home, and rarely any package stuff. When you actually look at how much sugar and sodium is in everything, you see how bad stuff is. Add that to every hormone treated meat that's been fed antibiotics, and it's real apparent what's happening.

Eating like complete shit is WAY easier than eating healthy. And it tastes better too unfortunately (for the most part). This country breads fat and lazy - eat like shit, get paid to do nothing, everyone wins a trophy, etc.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
And look at their shopping carts to see what kind of shit they buy to eat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
And look at their shopping carts to see what kind of shit they buy to eat.
Especially the ones "driving" their carts!
Eating like complete shit is WAY easier than eating healthy. And it tastes better too unfortunately (for the most part). This country breads fat and lazy - eat like shit, get paid to do nothing, everyone wins a trophy, etc.
Eating fast food may be cheaper for a couple, but F' me, have you seen what it costs now to pickup food for 4 or 5 "adult" size people?! Due to my work/not work schedule, I probably do 1/2 to 2/3rds of the cooking. It's taken me probably the 5 years since my son started with issues to get pretty decent. I'm no Martha Stewart, but not bad. (and no prison time!)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Covid definitely messed up what I had going. I’m not going to say it took years off my life but I went from a solid 190 to about 160. I went from benching 215 to 185. I do a daily log and this was last week. I’m hitting 185 5x5 pretty easy so I’m ready to go up in weight but it’s a bummer to have lost so much progress.

https://youtube.com/shorts/vndr1V4GaG8?feature=share

If you watch the video you’ll understand why the gym at my work was shut down. Sooo many people 🙄

brgrcru

Reaction score
personnel responsibility.

its nobody fault, but your own if your a fat fuck. or you cant lose weight.
exercise and watching your diet. 99% fat fuck proof.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Are you saying we should deny them hospital beds for their lifetime of stupid decisions? 😂