WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well we have surpassed 2006

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a guy stop by my house around that time and offer 950k.. I called my old man at the time and let him know, and he said “what do you think?” I said it’s cool but it ain’t a million dollars cool..

Of course I’m not factoring in crazy inflation in those statements and trucks being worth twice what they should be right now..

For the record we sold this house about five years ago for 650k. I don’t even want to say what I could have bought it for personally at the time. 😳

Woulda coulda shoulda.. just didn’t have the balls to do it after finally getting some traction back from losing everything.

RD

NicPaus

Reaction score
River neighbor that sold in Echo and built in the keys sold his. From what I heard he got 1.4 on the back row.
House I built in 05 sold for 770k foreclosed in 09 and sold for 433k. Just sold for 825k. We finally surpassed it as it has been listed several times for 770k in last few years.

Reactions: DWC

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Everything is big money right now. Crazy stuff

boatnam2

Reaction score
Does the gal still own the place next to you and across the canal?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Prices are crazy in the keys now. I told my wife I wanted to buy a house in there about 6 years ago when you could get a half decent place for $400K/$500K. She thought I was crazy, so we ended up buying a lot in Havasu instead. I told her the other day that houses in the keys were now going for $1 Million Plus and she just about shat herself, lol.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"One in the hand, two in the bush"
True, with a greater risk or greater investment, you can make a greater profit. There are always other factors. Not your own comfort or well being, but your kids' or family's.
Never look at what you could have had, look at what you do have. If what you have isn't enough, or what you want, make moves to get there.
Now, you'll probably be in a much better position to make moves when the wheel is spun again.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I was so close to buying a place on back row back in 04/05 , just too much for me at 335K. Bought a mobile instead next to Miraleste estates for 185k sold it year or 2 later for 425k.

riverroyal

Reaction score
since 2008 we are over that number by 500k. Not quit double the selling price of 2008, but soon....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
According to the RDP financial armageddonists, the sun wont come up tomorrow now, right?

Hard to say what happens next..

Also hard to say what the actual values are because a dollar isn’t a dollar anymore.

As I keep saying.. the only thing I own that is depreciating and depreciating fast is the dollars in my account. They can’t buy near what they used too. Tangible items though seem to be going up like crazy.. inflation. :(

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hard to say what happens next..

Also hard to say what the actual values are because a dollar isn’t a dollar anymore.

As I keep saying.. the only thing I own that is depreciating and depreciating fast is the dollars in my account. They can’t buy near what they used too. Tangible items though seem to be going up like crazy.. inflation. :(

Things are going to keep going up for the next little bit.

To be fair the dollars today are buying about the same real estate they bought 15 years ago, and in some places more due to supply and demand forces.

If you are holding dollars in an account and you are worried about them devaluing, you need a different investment strategy. And when the pendulum swings back, the value will drop out of all the tangible items.

Tank

Reaction score
That was a cool pad.

Funny I was just talking about "could'a should'a would'a" yesterday with a buddy down the street. There was a house on the beach a few down from us that my wife REALLY wanted to buy (sell ours buy this one). This was a year ago. We knew the realtor and he said we could get the house for a song! I did that math, talked to our tax guy. It would've been a stretch to make it happen and all the trips and shit would go away. We passed. one year later house is selling for 1 million more. 1 million more!!!! FUCK ME. Oh well.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I was so close to buying a place on back row back in 04/05 , just too much for me at 335K. Bought a mobile instead next to Miraleste estates for 185k sold it year or 2 later for 425k.
98-99

I told my dad we should sell our place at RL and buy a place in the keys i had a good feeling about appreciation. 250k would buy you something nice back then.

He didn't...lol

boatnam2

Reaction score
98-99

I told my dad we should sell our place at RL and buy a place in the keys i had a good feeling about appreciation. 250k would buy you something nice back then.

He didn't...lol
We missed the boat, literally lol

outboardrick

Reaction score
Dave, an ex GF of mine has a place just down the street that I stayed at a couple weeks ago. You probably know her or have at least seen her, she's had the place for a lot of years. Most all those places are going through major renovations probably due to the property prices now. All that said, there is no way I could live there, just too much BS with all the tourists.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, an ex GF of mine has a place just down the street that I stayed at a couple weeks ago. You probably know her or have at least seen her, she's had the place for a lot of years. Most all those places are going through major renovations probably due to the property prices now. All that said, there is no way I could live there, just too much BS with all the tourists.

we used it as a weekend house so the partying never bothered us.. lol. Living there would be a little different

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
we used it as a weekend house so the partying never bothered us.. lol. Living there would be a little different

I actually rented the big brown house right next door to your old place during desert storm weekend. There was an older but not old gentleman staying there with a SMOKING HOT WOMAN!!! I mean poster worthy! Lucky lucky man. And the house is nice too of course.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I recognize the furniture. I always had fun staying there to 6 or 7 times I did stay there. Of course the company made it awesome.

jadenchick

Reaction score
Wow!!!! I remember in 2016 those houses were 500-600k.

We’ve stayed in the keys before and really liked it. We were in the back so it’a hard to navigate a bigger boat through there in certain areas

Deangang

v-drive row member
Reaction score
Dave look how tall my palm trees are now that use to snag your shirts all the time 😂.Good times on Apache Loop