WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wetsuit? Helmet

JBG

Reaction score
Anyone have a wetsuit and helmet I can borrow to train with?

If someone has one for sale, I would be open to buy it. I am 5'9 190lbs. I like long walks on the beach at ni Oops, nevermind that stuff.

Tony

Boat211

Reaction score
Is the drivin thing not working out for you? I'll drag you around. Lets practice with the Revenge.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Is the drivin thing not working out for you? I'll drag you around. Lets practice with the Revenge.

And ski Hands out front... Then he would be 5'9" 190lbs w/ really frickin long monkey arms:D

I've been looking too, Wing or DC seem to be the most common (but both from Australia). Have yet to find a US Mfg (or even retailer, Endo's in Long BEach is a possible, as is Bemis)

SO far, I've been skiing on a short (75') line and a 360. Speeds in the mid to upper 40's in just my Neo vest and boardshorts. The falls (there have been a few:grumble:) dont hurt anyworse than they did shortlining a ski around the bouys:champagne: Have been into the mid 70's on an old race ski, in the same vest, but really dont want to find out if it hurts to fall there:eek::smackbum:

Last edited:

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I've been looking too, Wing or DC seem to be the most common (but both from Australia). Have yet to find a US Mfg (or even retailer, Endo's in Long BEach is a possible, as is Bemis)
:

The US mfgs didn't want to be involved with insurance problems due to injury, was my understanding years ago.

Probably too late now, but might have been able to get one brought over from Australia with no shipping to the Catalina race this weekend.

Oz Dude

Reaction score
You wanna good wetsuit????

Get on to Darren Patterson at Wizard Wetsuits here in Oz. He can custom make any-anything. Stars, stripes, logos, colors all over hte place, or just black and lime green, choice is yours.

Best of all he can tell you which measurements he needs from you and make it to suit you.

He does it all out of his shed on his property just down the road from my place and he can do it for the right price.

Best of all, Darren is a really great guy and in it for the love of the sport.

My $0.02

Oz

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oz put up his contact information.. Or better yet have him get on here and tell us about his product, options, pictures, prices etc.. I know there would be quite a few people (myself included) that would like to learn more about them.

RD

gar163y

Irresistible Ski Racing
Reaction score
I'll second that, Darren is a really good guy. He made my 11 yr. old daughters suit (to her design) and he will be making her next one in the spring. Also does helmets now as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
None of the links work on that website..

If the guy has the time it'd be great if he could post some pics & specs on here. :)

RD

Oz Dude

Reaction score
RD - Darren isn't real big on internet stuff (hence the outdated site). He's always head down ass up making wetsuits for people.

Without sounding like I'm chumming up to him, he builds the best stuff out there. His workshop is the real deal too. No pooncy flash crap anywhere, just an old shed with a big cutting table (that also holds a beer bottle very nicely when required), a couple of heavy duty sewing machines, a lot of skiing memorabilia scattered around the place including old trophies with 1/2" of dust on em, and about a million different pieces of wetsuit material.

And when I say he will make a suit to what ever you want, I mean it. One of my mates is quite a devout Christian. Darren had the "Jesus Fish" logo added to the back of his suit with the letters WWJD underneath (What Would Jesus Do).

A lot of guys down here now are getting the Southern Cross (pattern of 5 stars) put on their suits. You can have it made as simple, or as complex as you want but it'll be made well, made right, made to fit, and made to last...

The best thing I can suggest is that you either send him an email to the address on his site, or pick up the phone and call him.

As I post this, the time in Sydney is 1:20pm Thursday afternoon. That should give you the time difference to where ever you are located across the USA.

Oz

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Here's a website I found that sells Darren's stuff. It's at least got a pic of a suit on there :)

http://www.strictlybusinessracing.com/marine.htm - scroll down to see the wetsuit. Like I said, there is no such thing as too complex or out there.

Darren's Harnesses are on there too. If you're getting a suit made, I'd also suggest getting a harness sent over while you're at it.

Oz

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Tony,

DC will be in Long Beach this weekend and usually brings stuff with him to sell. I am going to see him tonight and I will see if he brouoght anything. I know Darren's brother will be here as well...not sure if Darren made the trip or not. If he did I can introduce them both to you on Sat if you will be down to watch the race.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I think Tony went to the races in Washington.