WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whacker Owners . . .

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I just randomly put a wrench on my jackplate-to-transom bolts & was able to get a 1/2 turn on 3 of the 4 bolts.
So I checked the motor--to-jackplate bolts and all were good except 1 that was really loose.:oops:
So just a reminder before getting into the thick of the season, to give 'em a check. ✌

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I check my nuts before every use, but thanks for the reminder!

HCP3

Reaction score
I am always amazed how much those outboards flop around when watching Florida Powerboat Club videos. Not surprised to hear bolts backing out.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I am always amazed how much those outboards flop around when watching Florida Powerboat Club videos. Not surprised to hear bolts backing out.
They’re running rubber mounts most likely.

At the enduro, every pit we go over all the bolts...and we usually get a few turns each (if they haven’t fallen out altogether)

Baja 252

Reaction score
Something to think about; Bolts that go thru a transom should have 5200 on them to keep water from getting to any wood in the transom. If you turned the bolt at all and not just the nuts you might have broke that water tight seal.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@Baja 252 . . . You and @DLow are correct . . . for some damn reason I often have a 'stupid attack' and refer to nuts as 'bolts. Sorry bout that.
So yes, it was the nuts that were a bit loose and I was able to turn . . . the bolts that run through the transom remained stationary as they were lathered in 5200.
My bad.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
All Clampons should be trailering with Transom Saver Support bar Or We’re gonna start seeing a lot after market transom mods from all these huge clampons Tearing up the rears of these boats.