WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whale tail needed.

DWC

Reaction score
Had a whale tail crack again.. Skips said it wouldn’t last forever. Looks like they were right. Anyone in town that can knock a pair out or suggest a shop?

73FC9ABF-E2E7-4239-AB76-DF95CE177A23.jpeg
49168FDE-28F2-41EF-A86B-ECEA7BB8074F.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
Max Machine Worx for the WIN! I was blown away how much of a difference they made on our boat. Heavy Vee's usually take a little tab to run. After putting these things on, haven't used the tabs yet! Like MAGIC!

fins 1.jpg
Fins2.jpg
Fins3.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
Max Machine Worx for the WIN! I was blown away how much of a difference they made on our boat. Heavy Vee's usually take a little tab to run. After putting these things on, haven't used the tabs yet! Like MAGIC!

View attachment 1034144 View attachment 1034145 View attachment 1034146
I’m a definite believer in them. Pulled them off before we hit the water Saturday. They definitely get the boat on plane faster and with a few hundred RPM less. I’m hoping to stay with the same design/set-up but will hit up MMW if i can’t make it happen.

DWC

Reaction score
Don.....I jus tricked up a new jigsaw and a few metal blades this week at Home Depot. We can trace the old ones and make them ourselves out in the garage. :looking:
I’ll bring over some extra blades and cold ones.. Have a feeling we’ll need some.

RichL

Reaction score
I’m a definite believer in them. Pulled them off before we hit the water Saturday. They definitely get the boat on plane faster and with a few hundred RPM less. I’m hoping to stay with the same design/set-up but will hit up MMW if i can’t make it happen.
I'm curious if they create any additional load on the drives during acceleration?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don.....I jus tricked up a new jigsaw and a few metal blades this week at Home Depot. We can trace the old ones and make them ourselves out in the garage. :looking:

You want the ones with the bends in them to match the casting draft on the outdrive. Otherwise you will either crack the drive or crack the tail

DWC

Reaction score
I'm curious if they create any additional load on the drives during acceleration?
I’m sure there are people way more experienced/knowledgeable that will chime in. There’s gotta be some force that’s directed to get it on plane faster. That looks force is external and hasn’t caused any issues that I know about. The fact it gets on plane faster saves the internals which is a nice bonus.

Tank

Reaction score

When AJ put them on I was like WTF is this crap. But I thought meh, I’ll try it out. Like I said, every straight bottom big vee ive ever run did better planning with some tab. With these on, boat hops right on plane and you can run slower speed and stay on place too. I would guess saves fuel consumption too since you’re not dragging as long before the hull breaks over. But I was blown away at the immediate difference in performance.

I would think that the stainless MMW versions would hold up better than aluminum as well.

Reactions: DWC