WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whalers?

doc_texoma

Reaction score
I've been a lake boater for quite some time in the North Texas area but I've been trolling some of the west coast forums and I recently have stumbled across the "whaler" type boat - NOT a boston whaler - but the center console low profile performance type of whaler.

Long story short - I want one - and mainly the 28 ft Canyon Silhouette ....

They are pretty rare though, so I was curious if maybe the educated folks here might guide me towards similar boats? I am looking for something to carry a cove worth of people around in (i.e. something 24ft or bigger likely), I do want the whaler style, and I also want an i/o...

Any suggestions of other brands I should look for? I know Eliminator made a very nice looking whaler, but I think it was only 21 or 22 feet...

Thanks for any and all input....

Doc

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Whalers that big I would look at Campbell but they are hard to find as well...

Just curious why a west coast lower freeboard deal over one of the east coast fish / party rigs?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
We had an eliminator back in the 80's. Such a nice boat. I've never seen anything this style over 21ft.
adedyvym.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Trophys have been built by Whaler for the past 3+ years.
From the rags I've read they get a higher rating than Mako, J-boat or just about any other similar rig out there.
Thick, well laid hull and design + gone are the cheap-o rigging, engine, driveline and electricals of Trophys past.
It's NOW all finess kine' Mercury.

Worth considering, they are a great value.
Most often the biggest selling boat at the shows.
It's the Ford F 150 of the boating world IMHO.

Last edited:

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Doc do you boat on Texoma?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
This 28' Campbell Whaler is/was owned by the owners of Campbell Boat Company. Since Bob passed, Judy owns and is for sale. Twin SBC's with V-drives. Forward of helm is a tapper with 1/2 barrel capacity, lit dance floor and if I recall correctly CG certified seating for 18 or 20 people.

b-greenlimousine-18.jpg
b-greenlimousine-17.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How much do they want for it Carl?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
How much do they want for it Carl?

$45 Large but its been for sale for a long time. I'm sure she'd take less. Oh, and I found the CG seating is 25 people. It'd be the perfect Parker bar hopper boat for you and 24 of your closest friends...

:D

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Wow that would be perfect for the river!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
You're in Texas, come down to the coast and drive around. Center console offshore boats are everywhere. Fast and take bigwater, they are the perfect solution to getting farther offshore for day trips.

Research Gulf Coast dealers and you'll find just what you want.

http://www.boattrader.com/browse/saltwater-fishing-boats/texas

Last edited:

TBulger

Reaction score
Carl, boy would I love that, wonder if they'll take a 22' Schiada Whaler in trade?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Carl, boy would I love that, wonder if they'll take a 22' Schiada Whaler in trade?

Doubtful Tom, Campbell Boats is out of business so it would be a trade to Judy and I don't think she'd want another boat and probably wouldn't want to be seen in anything other than a Campbell....

TBulger

Reaction score
Carl, have you ever seen this run? Probably just perfect shape, I'd guess from what I see.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Carl, have you ever seen this run? Probably just perfect shape, I'd guess from what I see.

Yes. I was aboard for one of the Campbell Regattas some years back. I think it had SBF's in it then (original) then it was repowered to injected SBC's a few years back. The 28's are BIG boats! 10' beam and all! Perfect party boat with a huge stereo, beer on tap and a lit dance floor.

Been trying to convince RD that this is the 'perfect' Parker bar hopper..

C

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Do it!!!

That thing is cool...:)

What's the deal on your schiada whaler? Got any pics?

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
$45 Large but its been for sale for a long time. I'm sure she'd take less. Oh, and I found the CG seating is 25 people. It'd be the perfect Parker bar hopper boat for you and 24 of your closest friends...

:D

Holy shit I want that.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
I have a 22 schiada whaler and love it.I know they can't build them any more due to the deck mold being gone but I wonder what the cost would be to duplicate mine or what d'cucci is doing them for.That campbell is freakin huge!

doc_texoma

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses... Here are some replies...

I really am not into the whole west coast scene with flamed paint and jets/vdrives.. But I have seen several of these low profile/older whaler boats that look like they would be KICK ass redone in solid white or two tone similar to lake boats around here (texas) or some of the "East coast" offshore boats.. Its really more about my taste than it is geographics though.. I just really like unique styles and while I dont like vdrive/jet, I have seen the Silhouette and Liberator (as well as others) in i/o and outboard....

The $45k boat posted.. completely blows my price range.. I've seen the Silhouettes and Liberators ready to run (of course 198x models) for around $10k and under.. This is what I seek - or a rebuilder.

No interest in a true boston whaler or "offshore center console"..

I do indeed boat on Texoma as well as Lake Murray in OK, Broken Bow, and some other North Texas lakes..

There was a guy here and on Scream and Fly who had a beater whaler with brown interior that would have been perfect - but it was some time ago.. I PM'd him with no response so Im assuming it was sold..

I appreciate all the help and look forward to more discussion on the subject....

Doc

TBulger

Reaction score
Do it!!!

That thing is cool...:)

What's the deal on your schiada whaler? Got any pics?

Here's the pictures of the 22 Schiada Whaler, love it. Have talked about restoring it now for 2 Years. It is real good in most areas, gel, interior and trailer; the sbc motor,
volvo drive and rigging work fine, but should be updated. Thus the dilemma, no matter how much you spend, it's worth the same. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :D

ps was a Lake Mead boat before we got her.

Attachments

• whaler1.jpg
    whaler1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 130
  • whaler2.jpg
    whaler2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 477
  • whaler3.jpg
    whaler3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 117

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
anymejav.jpg
u4erudah.jpg

I picked this up in November. Putting it up in the for sale section today. Boat just like my dad had came up for sale. I need to sale this first.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Here's the pictures of the 22 Schiada Whaler, love it. Have talked about restoring it now for 2 Years. It is real good in most areas, gel, interior and trailer; the sbc motor,
volvo drive and rigging work fine, but should be updated. Thus the dilemma, no matter how much you spend, it's worth the same. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :D

ps was a Lake Mead boat before we got her.

nice boat....

I'm thinking you should purchase the 28' Cambell and sell me the Schiada for a fair deal:D:eek

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I've got a Nordic 22' Whaler that I'm willing to part with fairly cheap. It is capped as a whaler. Full resto project. Here is a link to my ad here on RDP: http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...unner-Whaler-3500-obo&highlight=nordic+whaler

I love the whaler setup. I hate to sell it, but at the rate I'm completing projects around here with 5 kids, that boat is going to sit for another 10+ years before I ever work on it.

I was originally asking $5k. But dropped it to $3,500. I'd take $2500 for it at this point. Would love to see someone bring this back to life.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
That Schiada is a nice boat. Would make a great family cruiser. I got to check it out for a while last year at Pirate's:thumbsup

Beaujack82

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a Nordic 22' Whaler that I'm willing to part with fairly cheap. It is capped as a whaler. Full resto project. Here is a link to my ad here on RDP: http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...unner-Whaler-3500-obo&highlight=nordic+whaler

I love the whaler setup. I hate to sell it, but at the rate I'm completing projects around here with 5 kids, that boat is going to sit for another 10+ years before I ever work on it.

I was originally asking $5k. But dropped it to $3,500. I'd take $2500 for it at this point. Would love to see someone bring this back to life.
Hi do u have any pictures

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
The piece of furniture in front of the CC is epic . . . did it originally come with china and serving for 12 ? :D
The faux parquet flooring is golden as well.
I'd hunt down some shag carpet throw rugs for wiping your feet.
And that bar needs some old school 'Lucite Grapes' !!!!!

il_1588xN.3101815717_t17a.jpeg

81eliminator

Reaction score
This 28' Campbell Whaler is/was owned by the owners of Campbell Boat Company. Since Bob passed, Judy owns and is for sale. Twin SBC's with V-drives. Forward of helm is a tapper with 1/2 barrel capacity, lit dance floor and if I recall correctly CG certified seating for 18 or 20 people.

View attachment 311037
View attachment 311038
That’s an awesome boat! It was at the LA boat show way back!

PSI PLUMBER

Reaction score
I recently inherited this project. My father-in-law was about 60% done with it when he passed away. Would like to get it put back together. I know that the motor, vdrive and trans are all freshly rebuilt. The pictures with the interior were taken before it was pulled apart to redo the floors. Does anybody have suggestions for somebody in Havasu to work with on this project.

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8238.jpeg
    IMG_8238.jpeg
    867.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8239.jpeg
    IMG_8239.jpeg
    718.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8240.jpeg
    IMG_8240.jpeg
    884.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8241.jpeg
    IMG_8241.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8242.jpeg
    IMG_8242.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8243.jpeg
    IMG_8243.jpeg
    938.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 61

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Looks like all the hard work is done. Outdrive might know someone who can help. 😉