WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s the song or band that takes you back?

Your ad here

Reaction score
Ted Nugent, Boston, W.A.S.P., and bands alike remind me of the river... I was born in 89 but whenever I hear those bands I can imagine what the river would've been like in the 80's. Big block power in a tooth pick, hot PE teacher in a thong on a stand up, booger sugar, and no cameras.
Whenever I hear Falco (Der Kommissar), Ministry's synth-pop album, or Judas Priest's album Rocka Rolla it reminds me of being at the river or lake with my brother and those were some of the best trips.

c_land

Reaction score
Every time I hear Rack City by Tyga I am immediately back in some frat house in college.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Kind a hard to say since I have 650 albums to choose from???…
…But I’m going to say currently Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks as I am in the middle of a biography about her… In it she talks about 1970 at the Santa Clara fairgrounds where she and her band Fritz opened for some friends of mine in the Southwind and Janice Joplin…Anyway Janice Joplin was hanging onto my arm while my friends played and Stevie Nicks band had already played …she stood at the bottom of the staircase to the stage and stared at us with these big saucer eyes… Now I find out in her biography that she is so nearsighted that she probably really wasn’t giving us the evil eye???…Dunno… she did tone the look down when Lindsey Buckingham joined her at the foot of the stairs…Dunno???…

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"Boy Named Sue"........puts me back shotgun in Pops work truck.

"Alive" (Pearl Jam)......First serious girlfriend and...stuff.

"One" (Metallica).........can either take me back to parties and street racing, or kick me in the nuts and put me right back in the hospital bed...that's a weird one.

Reactions: C-2

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Spirits in The Night Manfred Mann

Who here has been to Greasy Lake??? That's Bass Lake 1978 for me...

This douche does a great version of that song

shaffewm

Reaction score
1627703656485.jpeg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Believe it or not I never inhaled. Was never really into recreational pharmaceuticals but I may have drank a beer once.😂
You've never smoked weed? So I'm guessing you never tried acid/LSD....that shit changed my out look on life.

adam909

Reaction score
Aerosmith Get a grip album.. Came out in highschool and this chick I was dating love them!!! We used park in the orange groves and she would play this album over and over as she would dance around naked!!!

BEA777C4-B975-4D26-BD6E-495245823ACE_4_5005_c.jpeg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I feel sorry for kids today music wise. Albums in the 80’s were amazing. You could listen to the entire album. 1984. Back in black. Pyromania. Etc etc. Every song was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yz450mm

Reaction score
Blink 182, Green Day, Pennywise, Etc... Just a couple of high school seniors cruising PCH HB in 1999 in my buddies parent's brand new Toyota Avalon, thinking we were cool.

We were not cool, but the music still is.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
You've never smoked weed? So I'm guessing you never tried acid/LSD....that shit changed my out look on life.
Sorry I was boring. I had morphine when they flew me out of the desert in 1986, I could understand how someone could get addicted to that.😋

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Any tunes from Steve Earle’s first 2 albums in the late 80’s - we’d play that cassette (1 album on each side) on the way to and from the river. Good times.