WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s it worth to a Buyer?

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I have a 96 viper coral 202 F&S. The boat has a ton of upgrades and I’m not sure what it’s worth. I’m considering selling it but I don’t know how to price it. We’ve outgrown it, my wife wants something bigger. I’m the second owner my uncle bought it new. It’s been stored inside it whole life pretty much.

Motor is a 2016 Mercury 250 pro xs outfitted with a torque master lower with 30.4 hrs on the clock. The motor came with a 5 year warranty then I purchased a transferable 5 year extended warranty. It has a Bobs 12” hydro jack plate and Mazco HP4 25p prop. The boat will run 70 mph easy. The steering was upgraded to a sea stare hydraulic tilt. New Autometer gauges. The trailer is in decent shape new wheel bearings and tires last year. The hull shows typical ware and tear. I just had the transom redone over the winter to the tune of $5900 bucks. I know I’m miss some stuff but that’s the gist of it.

Here are a few pics tell me what you think.
IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Anyone wanna take a stab it?

hallett21

Reaction score
Motor is worth 12-14 imo. It’s basically new but since it’s “used” I’d say there’s a 2-3k discount.

Hull is worth anywhere from 5-10.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
use a reputable blue book like NADAguides.com, most of you prospects will need to finance and the banks will use a "blue book" to establish value. from there, the buyer will have to come up with the down payment to make up for the difference between approx. 80% of value and what you're asking. you will have to do a little calculating due to dissimilar years of engine and boat,

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I’m thinking I might put it up for $23k and see what bites.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Completely depends on your location...I don't think you'd find a buyer for that boat at any price in SoCal, or the havasu area, unless they were a fisherman. The green gel looks shot around the bow. That's just not the style for colorado river boater

With small older outboards, the hulls aren't really worth more than a few grand...because they all need transom or floor work. It's worth what the engine and trailer are worth, or less if the buyer is able to detect rot in the boat.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Completely depends on your location...I don't think you'd find a buyer for that boat at any price in SoCal, or the havasu area, unless they were a fisherman. The green gel looks shot around the bow. That's just not the style for colorado river boater

With small older outboards, the hulls aren't really worth more than a few grand...because they all need transom or floor work. It's worth what the engine and trailer are worth, or less if the buyer is able to detect rot in the boat.

I agree with most of what your saying. The gel is in good shape, that’s all dirt. I hadn’t washed it yet after I got back from having the transom redone. There is a bit of a following for these boats. They never come up and not in this shape. However finding that one buyer might prove to be difficult. I’m in no real hurry to get rid of it.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I agree with most of what your saying. The gel is in good shape, that’s all dirt. I hadn’t washed it yet after I got back from having the transom redone. There is a bit of a following for these boats. They never come up and not in this shape. However finding that one buyer might prove to be difficult. I’m in no real hurry to get rid of it.

There's an ass for every seat...just gotta find it. I have no patience, so I generally sell it for first offer to get it outta my life. With patience, you can find your ass.