WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s on everyone’s dinner table tonight?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I made the family that Mac n Cheese from the Sweetie Pie recipe. I use pasta noodles from the Italian Deli. Way better than the grocery store stuff. Almost two gallons.

Mom and the kids and their friends, the dog and cat inhale it with Trader Joe’s Brioche bread grilled cheese sandwiches.

I went out to the RV, turned on hand built Hot Rods on the MT Channel, fired up the Keurig and drank my dinner.

What’s on your table?

DLC

Reaction score
My wife is still at work, another 12 hr day for her.
So it will be toasted sandwiches when she gets home.
Fresh sliced deli turkey, and white American cheese and pepper jack for me on toasted white bread...

cofooter

Reaction score
The little lady made Apricot Chicken which is chicken pieces roasted in apricot nectar / french onion soup, baked potato and fresh spinach. Its snowing outside and this is our favorite cold weather dinner. Oh, and a nice bottle of Chardonnay. House smells awesome.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I can honestly say no bullshit, I have never had Mac and cheese. Don’t like the looks of it. Won’t try it..anyone else?

DC-88

Reaction score
Wifeys grass fed Paleo type diet with mashed cauliflower, sweet potato, veggies - Fish is common these days too but I’m good w it all .
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_2014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverryder

Reaction score
My wife is still at work, another 12 hr day for her.
So it will be toasted sandwiches when she gets home.
Fresh sliced deli turkey, and white American cheese and pepper jack for me on toasted white bread...

She made them of course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Took in the movie 1917 at 12:30 then walked over to Friday's for an early dinner. I had the steak and lobster special with baked potato, coleslaw and desert, the wife had some type of healthy chicken salad shit. :D

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
This thread is useless without RECIPES!! I’ve been looking for a knockout Mac-n-cheese recipe to use for my 7 year old son and for holidays...

Wife is on her 7th 12 hour shift in a row, and I’m on my 3rd. Dinner was a burrito from the MIL, and a Sailor Jerry and Coke or three... lol... back at it with a 5am alarm tomorrow...

Reactions: TPC

RichL

Reaction score
Ordered in stromboli tonight.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This thread is useless without RECIPES!! I’ve been looking for a knockout Mac-n-cheese recipe to use for my 7 year old son and for holidays...

Wife is on her 7th 12 hour shift in a row, and I’m on my 3rd. Dinner was a burrito from the MIL, and a Sailor Jerry and Coke or three... lol... back at it with a 5am alarm tomorrow...

I'm not a Mac n Cheese eater, but I love spaghetti and found the Imported Pasta from Italy I buy from San Carlo deli makes a much better spaghetti, so I use the same brand but elbow for this Mac N Cheese too:

tEIzrJF9RI2BimcAGs2m_233321863900717.jpg

NGREDIENTS
2 cans evaporated milk
1 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
    • Preheat oven to 350°C.
    • Put pasta in 9 by 13 dish and set aside.
    • Mix milks and eggs well.
    • Add the butter, sour cream and colby, Monterey jack, sharp cheddar and velveeta cheeses to the pasta.
    • Pour milk and egg mixture over the pasta.
    • Season with salt , pepper, sugar and toss.
    • Sprinkle with remaining cups of American or Cheddar cheese.
    • Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Was at Costco tonight and got their deli made rotisserie chicken chili. It was pretty good!

4Waters

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I have a custom recipe as well, but to spice up “boxed” Mac N Cheese -

Dump a bunch of minced garlic in the water when you start, use herb butter for the cheese sauce, and add some freshly graded jack or Mexican blend cheese.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Crock potted tri tip sandwich with homemade potato wedges and a couple cold yellow tops.

I pre slice the tri tip and soak it in water for an Hour.
Then broil it on a pan to put a slight bark on it.
Then into the crock pot with Lawrys Au Jus, a few cans of Beef broth and other seasonings and let it cook for a spell.
Ralphs grinder roll are amazing and top it off.
Hot Sweet mustard.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have a custom recipe as well, but to spice up “boxed” Mac N Cheese -

Dump a bunch of minced garlic in the water when you start, use herb butter for the cheese sauce, and add some freshly graded jack or Mexican blend cheese.
Yeah, keep it simple. It should be simple. Sometimes I just go the full route.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Was at Costco tonight and got their deli made rotisserie chicken chili. It was pretty good!
My girls buy those and like termites pull all the meat off the bones and make chicken salads. Badd ass chicken salads.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My girls buy those and like termites pull all the meat off the bones and make chicken salads. Badd ass chicken salads.

Excellent.

Costco also makes their own chicken salad out of it. I usually grab one before we head to the river. That and a bag of Pita Chips will be lunch for 2 days on the boat.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Costco $10 off a pack on tenderloin so I went that route instead of rib eye. Getting ready to throw it on the pan.
I got gold potatoes frying now will add some lawry's garlic salt shortly. Got some brussel sprouts going. Steamed them a little then uncovered them and added a little butter will hit them with salt and pepper when ready.
Momma bellas garlic toast in the toaster and a beer in hand to finish off the day.
20200203_204531.jpg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Some not so perfectly microwaved Nathan’s hotdogs in some not so fresh hand picked Nathan’s hotdog buns ( handpicked to remove the ones w mold ) topped w some mediocre at best hormel chili no beans.
And a side of freshly cooked tater crowns w some Red Robyn seasoning, stolen by my son last weekend because our waitress sucked that bad. ( fuck her, but I still gave 22% tip, lol )
Topped off with a nice iced cherry Dr Pepper.
Sounds like a single broke dad life. Nope - I ate that shit by choice! Lmao!!! what the fuck was I thinking

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
Here ya go!

didn’t toast the bread and we used our finest china
3454CD6A-4D8C-4AD7-B794-DE362917D5DF.jpeg
5503DEF2-343E-4CBD-9D98-D2009409A8F4.jpeg

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Home made Carne asada street tacos..

LowRiver2

Reaction score
50AAFD83-7D6F-487F-A4D4-8E238ED32861.jpeg
Date night at our local restaurant; Senor Campos in Guadalahabra lol Chicken Tostada for two

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Polenta with an IPA Tomato Sauce and Spicy Italian Sausage.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Polenta with an IPA Tomato Sauce and Spicy Italian Sausage.
That’s out of left field. :D My mom is first generation Italian. I grew up on polenta and sausage. Great in winter. hot and filling...eat it, put on one piece snowsuit and go sledding....didn't have that Fortnight shit!:D

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner..

20200203_194152.jpg

But love me some mac-n-cheese... I make a sauce with velveeta, half and half, bacon and a little hidden valley ranch powder. Spiral pasta and finish it off with some pepper jack and smoked gouda..
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
That’s out of left field. :D My mom is first generation Italian. I grew up on polenta and sausage. Great in winter. hot and filling...eat it, put on one piece snowsuit and go sledding....didn't have that Fortnight shit!:D

Being an 1/8 Italian, I grew up on it too. It's one of my favorite dishes. Introduced it to my roommates in college... They Hated it. But then again Italian food to them was pizza, egg noodles with ketchup & frozen swedish meatballs, and mystery cans of shit-boyardee, all covered in non-perishable cheese.