WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s the deal with boat insurance?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Are both are members here got so much business, they need no more?

I have all my insurance with one well known member, but the service is well.....

The other has not responded, I try to be a nice guy,and use members here for parts and business, but I have 7 days to get the boat done, I need to get busy.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
My finance person does boat insurance, really competitive rates too. Beulah is her name, 408-930-6206. She is super busy these days, but still responds pretty quickly
Can get a quote online as well https://wakelending.com/

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Are both are members here got so much business, they need no more?

I have all my insurance with one well known member, but the service is well.....

The other has not responded, I try to be a nice guy,and use members here for parts and business, but I have 7 days to get the boat done, I need to get busy.

I have my boat insurance with @Andy01 and he couldn't be more responsive. Super happy with his customer service!!!

Joe mama

Reaction score
Maybe Walt should do boat insurance back when I got health insurance
He responded right away. Then again one a day isn't going to happen by itself.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I went with Brad Stern (on the boards as well). I email him when I need to and I’d say his response rate has always been within 30 minutes or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
I have Foremost...just tried to switch to Boat.US/Geico and they said they won't cover my "high performance cat" It's a deck with a 496, wtf?

westair

Reaction score
I have Foremost...just tried to switch to Boat.US/Geico and they said they won't cover my "high performance cat" It's a deck with a 496, wtf?
Is there a problem with Foremost?

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
Foremost won't cover twin out boards or "pickle forks/ tunnel hull." All-state or geico asked how fast I said 80mph their system kicked it back as a 100+mph

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
Only 2 places would cover it wanted 2800 a yr with half up front. Buddy told me to hit up state farm now I have full coverage 100% for 450 a yr!!!

Andy01

Reaction score
Foremost won't cover twin out boards or "pickle forks/ tunnel hull." All-state or geico asked how fast I said 80mph their system kicked it back as a 100+mph
Not sure who you spoke to, but Foremost will cover cat style boats and twin outboards. Could have been experience, age of operator, age of boat, speed of boat with age of boat, a entire host of reasons but just no cat, no twin outboards is not true.

oldschool

Reaction score
How about a 1978 Hallett vdrive w/ 565 twin turbo, covered motor?

Andy01

Reaction score
How about a 1978 Hallett vdrive w/ 565 twin turbo, covered motor?
That can be tougher as there are less carriers for that type of boat. The carriers are out there but normally need a survey, or appraisal to get to a value the owner is comfortable with.

Icky

Reaction score
Not sure who you spoke to, but Foremost will cover cat style boats and twin outboards. Could have been experience, age of operator, age of boat, speed of boat with age of boat, a entire host of reasons but just no cat, no twin outboards is not true.

I have foremost for my Daytona

oldschool

Reaction score
That can be tougher as there are less carriers for that type of boat. The carriers are out there but normally need a survey, or appraisal to get to a value the owner is comfortable with.
I'm just interested in liability.

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
They said they cover twin outboard fishing boats. But I'm sure being a 22' twin tunnel threw a flag. Still they couldn't do 450$ a yr. Full coverage. I try 10 different places foremost use to cover my rzr too until they couldn't beat state farm either. Foremost said they do it for 2500-2800 a yr. An 1 other can't remember same price. Just saying anyone looking for ins. That don't want to submit a bio or background chk give state farm a call. Didn't care bout motors hp or length of boat or any of that for that matter.

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
They said they cover twin outboard fishing boats. But I'm sure being a 22' twin tunnel threw a flag. Still they couldn't do 450$ a yr. Full coverage. I try 10 different places foremost use to cover my rzr too until they couldn't beat state farm either. Foremost said they do it for 2500-2800 a yr. An 1 other can't remember same price. Just saying anyone looking for ins. That don't want to submit a bio or background chk give state farm a call. Didn't care bout motors hp or length of boat or any of that for that matter.
Yikes, you might want to read that policy. Every carrier cares about the length, speed, horsepower, and your background.
Just saying, of course they need ur info to properly cover ur boat

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I’ve been with formost for 10 years, and it looks like I will be staying with them, they will insure up to 120 mph, and yes mines a cat.

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
They don't care bout it being a tunnel or pickle. Believe it or not one place cut me off as soon as I said tunnel hull. The ins. Person said "wait isn't that one of those pickle things" ya... oh ya we dont cover those boats. My policy legit my wife did it Lol! I got 35k full coverage for 450$ a yr.

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
Right on! Glad ur happy! Not trying to change any ones minds. Just putting out there wut I just went threw 2 months ago hunting down a provider for me an my needs.

I’ve been with formost for 10 years, and it looks like I will be staying with them, they will insure up to 120 mph, and yes mines a cat.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Right on! Glad ur happy! Not trying to change any ones minds. Just putting out there wut I just went threw 2 months ago hunting down a provider for me an my needs.
Didn’t say I was happy,,lol, just so far looks like this may be my best bet.

JD D05

Reaction score
Go with Andy been with 3 different agents for boats. I would to get notice of decline's from my company all the time with another agent. Got really old really fast.

oldschool

Reaction score
Lets hear some more about the boat....:)
Just an old fishing boat.
DSC03024.JPG

DickieB

Reaction score
Only 2 places would cover it wanted 2800 a yr with half up front. Buddy told me to hit up state farm now I have full coverage 100% for 450 a yr!!!
yep, my state farm agent covered my Conquest Top Cat 496 HO without even batting an eye! $900.00 year for FULL COVERAGE. Of course, they have everything else I own plus I've had the same agent for 40 years and hardly ever any claims...........That probably helps.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Foremost covers my 25' Daytona with 800 hp and 100+ mph. No problem. I figure if I'm gonna pay for insurance, I'm gonna make sure they know all the details so they can't deny coverage. Nikki Kincaid 619 303 4108. She's a farmers agent. She also handles my RZR so I can get a multi policy discount. She's been great to work with.

Cdog

Reaction score
Andy took care of my boat insurance needs this week. Super easy. Thx Andy!

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
This is getting more interesting, as I shop, formost wants a letter from bob teague stating my boat only goes 110mph. Or have any boat shop do a speed test, and provide a letter, lol. Who in their right mind would take on that liability?
Anyone heard of this?

Andy01

Reaction score
This is getting more interesting, as I shop, formost wants a letter from bob teague stating my boat only goes 110mph. Or have any boat shop do a speed test, and provide a letter, lol. Who in their right mind would take on that liability?
Anyone heard of this?
It is very uncommon, and you are correct Scott no one is going to write the letter and sign it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this?

I have never heard of that.. Then again I'm not in the insurance field. Does the boat really limit out at 110? If so maybe a prop slip calculator could work?

RD

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I’ve only made it go 110 with the current motor.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So Geico has a water pickup speedo? :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this?

maurey3.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I as well have State Farm, 50k replacement (45 boat 5 trailer) at 35yo and told them 425hp, 25’ cat that will do 75mph my policy is 610$ a year

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I again emailed Brad Stern today to get a quote for my buddies boat. Brad responded in about 4 minutes. He always wrote me, in this, with a DUI when others on here couldn’t and when Wozencraft wanted like $5k a year.

Brad Stern
(949)632-4500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk